Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 04:21 PM

123 posts, read 278,432 times

Advertisements

http://www.mrctv.org/sites/default/f...he/127748.html

Old 09-22-2015, 05:26 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,728,899 times
Interesting video clip. The person responding to the question actually had a very valid point about the concept of the peaceful majority, but I personally have a problem with the concept of taking political correctness and throwing it in the garbage. The student's question was relevant and I found it in poor taste to have indirectly further singled her out. I do not think many people get how brave a person has to be to be a smaller voice in the corner of the room sharing a different perspective. The student has a very logical question about how to best fight an ideological war, which was 100% not addressed by the speaker. The question asked was pretty much dogged.

If you flip the core of her response ... then all countries or groups of people are in equal place to be punished for the actions of others with any other similar characteristic. For example... America as a country has committee horrible crimes against other nations in the developing world and their own people ex Slavery in America, exploiting many countries in Latin America and the Caribbean and having known roles in supporting cruel and corrupt dictators in other countries when it suits it's interests. Even if only 15% of the American populations supported these negative activities... does that mean that the entire population of America (the peaceful majority) should suffer?

If you really analyze what she is saying then the peaceful majority of the world needs to suffer because we cannot control the 15% of the world's population that is unable to live peacefully and cause conflict. If she thinks this concept of the peaceful majority is correct ... then the same argument could be used by the 15% of any population to justify attacking and harming any other group... ex We only have a problem with the 15% of American that exploited us and are causing harm to our people... the other 85% of the peacefully majority don't matter so let's harm the country as a whole.

The old eye for an eye debate leaves everyone blind. Before you clap and cheer for the speaker's speech you might want to step back and look at the bigger picture and not be so narrow minded. When you are dropping bombs on the peaceful majority... the unpeaceful majority grows because the little boy who just saw the tank with your flag on it drive by after destroying his home and killing his family in pursuit of the unpeaceful majority grows up to likely switch sides.

The bulk of this response was a theatrical production to justify harming other human beings. I think I saw this same speaker as a guest on some Christian show that was encouraging violence against Muslims. If you are inciting hate or harm to any group of people you are no better than a terroist.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:37 PM

Why is the speaker putting a Muslim in her place Hispanic style? The speak is Brigitte Gabriel. She is Lebanese. She is not Hispanic. She is a bi-product of a war torn country and is a known anti-islamic activist. She speaks from a place of hate and not hope. People like this are pushing the world and humanity in the wrong direction. Further more there is nothing Christian about preaching hate. I guess this group missed that section in the bible.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:43 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacey1 View Post
OP, not everyone with that type of accent is a Spanish speaker.....lol. She is Middle Eastern, not Hispanic.....Focker

Old 09-22-2015, 06:08 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,481,808 times
couldn't they just impose an inquistion? It worked in Spain. Religion is about control, social order.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:19 PM

123 posts, read 278,432 times
All, sorry, dudes. I just copied and pasted that from another website. Although after some research it does seem a little staged?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
couldn't they just impose an inquistion? It worked in Spain. Religion is about control, social order.
My prescription is Communism, to be taken daily for the next 50 years across the Islamosphere. It beat any crazy out of the Albanians/Kosovars. It works in China 99.9% of the time.

Hey what do ya know, Dangerous-Boy? Communism is actually good for something!

Old 09-22-2015, 10:02 PM

Default Historical cycles of hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
It floors me how as humans the bulk of us can not get the bigger picture. We can't just keep killing each other off. I am not 100% against the concept of religion, but it seems like people claming to be working on God's behalf often do a lot of really bad things in the name of whatever God/ gods they are following. This particular speaker stuck out to me because I literally fell asleep on the couch one night and work up to this Christian program that featured her on it and was so pissed by the hate they were preaching on television I called in to the show hotline to give them a piece of my mind. I also wish I called a broad casting line to make a complaint about a show promoting hate and violence being allowed on TV.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:41 AM

59 posts, read 58,875 times
She's obviously no Muslim.

Old 09-23-2015, 03:08 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,409,857 times
What does this have to do with Hispanics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe