Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 04:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times

Advertisements

I wonder what the criteria are, I hope unemployment rate, GDP/capita, and public debt.

Now that those idiots in Berlin have remotely opened the gates and even lured them in, one should at least try to keep the damage as little as possible and limit it to those oh so welcoming countries.

Spreading makes sense as the last thing we need is concentrations of Muslims like in Parisian suburbs.
I think there is a critical mass factor here. Below a certain percentage, Muslims get diluted in the dominant culture and thus pose no risk. It also reduces distrust on the part of locals, which makes employment more likely, thus reducing radical tendencies resulting from a lack of perspective.

I think it would be much easier to integrate 10m Hindus or Buddhists than 100k Muslims.

There was a report today describing how easy it is to get a Syrian passport. There is a network of forgers, based mostly in Turkey. One calls them up, tells them the desired name and sends a photo, and 40 hours later one receives the new Syrian passport, which all but guarantees asylum in the EU. The cost is several thousand dollars, which shows that many of those people are not at all poor refugees. A reporter did that and got his passport as ordered, showing the photo of a Dutch politician, and an Arab name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 06:41 AM

59 posts, read 58,875 times
Neuling

Before bringing strangers, I would bring the descendants of expelled Algarve, Andalusia and Aragon moorish living in Tunisia and Morrocco. They tend to be rich and some do speak Castillian. Many of them are buying back their old houses (not cheap) in Granada. After all, the deserve the same treatment of Sephardic Jews that are now Spanish citizens. They are asking for their passport to invest in Spain and buy back properties. In Morroco, they are called Andalusians and Castilians. Many do look northern Spanish because during 20 generation they mixed their blood with northen Spanish and goths to prevent problems in the future, now many look like northen European tourists.

You should visit Marrakech, very near to your house, fascinating, entirely safe, prices incredible.

Last edited by humming100; 09-24-2015 at 06:49 AM..

Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 AM

Well, if they are Muslims, no thanks...

Old 09-24-2015, 07:03 AM

59 posts, read 58,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, if they are Muslims, no thanks...
They are not, they were expelled when they were not muslims during more than a century.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:29 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Any publicity is good publicity?

(screenshot from CWT Kaleva Travels agency email/website)

Old 09-26-2015, 11:58 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,537 times
Many of the refugees landing in Spain will have something in common with spaniards:
They will be trying to flee the country to see if they can get a job.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Many of the refugees landing in Spain will have something in common with spaniards:
They will be trying to flee the country to see if they can get a job.
The only difference being, they can't flee Unlike EU citizens refugees do not have the right to settle and work anywhere within the EU, they are tied to the country that has been assigned to them.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:46 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
I felt bad for Europe at first, but now that I've seen so many Europeans welcoming the refugees and pretty much saying this is exactly what they want, it has actually become a lot of fun to watch. Sad to see thousands of years of history being erased in a generation, but it makes for good television.

When Europeans start to flee the continent I hope they go to Australia instead of trying to come to America though.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,537 times
Quote:
The only difference being, they can't flee Unlike EU citizens refugees do not have the right to settle and work anywhere within the EU, they are tied to the country that has been assigned to them.
Yes, I'll admit that this detail slipped my mind when I came up with that ****ty joke.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:05 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
Quote:
That's only an issue of time. Once they've put the time in they'll get their citizenship and then they can go wherever they please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe