Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:14 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times

Advertisements

I think it takes at least 6 years of living in the same EU country before one can apply for citizenship. After 6 years I suppose most refugees will have settled in wherever they are, they will have learned the local language, made friends etc. So they won't move away easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 11:47 PM

749 posts, read 856,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humming100 View Post
Neuling

Before bringing strangers, I would bring the descendants of expelled Algarve, Andalusia and Aragon moorish living in Tunisia and Morrocco. They tend to be rich and some do speak Castillian. Many of them are buying back their old houses (not cheap) in Granada. After all, the deserve the same treatment of Sephardic Jews that are now Spanish citizens. They are asking for their passport to invest in Spain and buy back properties. In Morroco, they are called Andalusians and Castilians. Many do look northern Spanish because during 20 generation they mixed their blood with northen Spanish and goths to prevent problems in the future, now many look like northen European tourists.

You should visit Marrakech, very near to your house, fascinating, entirely safe, prices incredible.
Algarve was freed from Moorish occupation in the 12th century, I find it hard to believe many people in Morocco can still trace their ancestry back to Algarve after a thousand years.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:25 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I felt bad for Europe at first, but now that I've seen so many Europeans welcoming the refugees and pretty much saying this is exactly what they want, it has actually become a lot of fun to watch. Sad to see thousands of years of history being erased in a generation, but it makes for good television.

When Europeans start to flee the continent I hope they go to Australia instead of trying to come to America though.
As if Europe has remained anything remotely close to static in terms of migrants over these last hundreds of years? What about Al-Andalus? The Ottoman Empire (which barely just ended, in terms of relative time), and the amount of longstanding domestic Muslims that remain in Southeastern Europe to this day? The Moroccans already in Spain that near close to 1 million persons?

The reason Europe is so ethnically complex and perforated is because of the vast amount of different types of people moving around it continuously.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:36 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humming100 View Post
Neuling

Before bringing strangers, I would bring the descendants of expelled Algarve, Andalusia and Aragon moorish living in Tunisia and Morrocco. They tend to be rich and some do speak Castillian. Many of them are buying back their old houses (not cheap) in Granada. After all, the deserve the same treatment of Sephardic Jews that are now Spanish citizens. They are asking for their passport to invest in Spain and buy back properties. In Morroco, they are called Andalusians and Castilians. Many do look northern Spanish because during 20 generation they mixed their blood with northen Spanish and goths to prevent problems in the future, now many look like northen European tourists.

You should visit Marrakech, very near to your house, fascinating, entirely safe, prices incredible.
Those folks will never be welcomed into Portugal with open arms they are viewed as the descendants of the invaders and are still mistrusted. If at some point Portugal should need immigrants the best source would be Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe