Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Basic Voting: Live in Romania or not next year, including to obtain paid farm work?
Yes, Of Course! Take The Opportunity Without Any Hesitation. 18 52.94%
Yeah, yet with some more hesitation. 6 17.65%
Maybe. I don't know. Undecided. 4 11.76%
No, close to a yes. 2 5.88%
Don't without a doubt. Undeniably a no. 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 03:20 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Me, and my Sibling Sister are lucky, and obtain incredible value on this holy, and sacred agricultural farm land inheritance of Romania in between Constanta, Viisoara, and Dobromir.

We have $75,000 out of this area of the farm land grant, while one of my other uncles makes $300,000 annual income. My 2nd uncle literally makes up to $10 million dollars and is the arguably the wealthiest family in Dobrogea area of Romania. There is tons of middle class and wealthy people of Romania around, despite the very mixed economic demographic. There is a lot of family drama behind the scenes on this Romania agriculture farm.
You probably shouldn't have disclosed so much information. You could be kidnapped.

Quote:
What is your reflection with Romania? One of my cousins met a Taiwanese lady in the beach cities of Romania, including at a hotel, and the Taiwanese lady told my cousin she loves visiting the country. A very exotic nation to her.
I don't really think of Romania, but it seems like quite a beautiful country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 12:13 PM
 started this thread
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 9 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
You probably shouldn't have disclosed so much information. You could be kidnapped.

I don't really think of Romania, but it seems like quite a beautiful country.
I don't mind people knowing my Facebook name on CD World Forum. Or me and my Sister Sibling's family drama in Romania. Makes the posts even more entertaining when every poster describes their personal lives.

Yeah, the Taiwanese lady visiting Romania and talking to one of my cousins at a hotel she works in expressed how much she loves travel in Romania, and the ultra exotic experience. (I bet even more exotic for her than with me). lol

You have to visit Romania one day, Greysholic.

Have you talked to The Postman recently, or posting on his Facebook World Forum Geography GeoGeeks?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:46 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Do you hold a Romanian passport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Figure out how you are going to get a work permit (if you need one), first. Your experience there, if you can get in, will tell you whether your goals are worth pursuing.
You are all right on involving those practical details on the temporary move while finishing part time work on the farm.

First, I have to get my Driver's License. I don't have one yet because I lived in NYC a majority of my life, other than Seattle. I might have to drive a Tractor on the Wheat fields. Second, I have to obtain a valid Work Permit to legally work on the farm. Third, I have to update or make a modification to my Romanian EU citizenship, including with the passport, I already qualify.

Going to Romania more than one month without a doubt is highly valuable and rich on memory, and experience.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:14 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,039 times
Quote:

Going to Romania more than one month without a doubt is highly valuable and rich on memory, and experience.
You are lucky to have that chance. Not many can say that. Good thing you're going for it

Old 10-06-2015, 01:59 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Think which choice you will regret less. I would definitely regret not going somewhere more than going and it not working out. Do it.
I won't ever regret my time in Romania, including with the farm. My commute is originating between Constanta to near Viisoara-Cobadin-Vama Veche 40 minute commute. My main residency will be in Constanta the main city, not on the actual farm village I commute to.

My adventure won't be too rural, and I won't lose contact with my urban living. Constanta has enough urban amenities around, and does't have too much isolation. Outside of my paid work on the farm, there is tons of favorite neighborhoods, cities, towns, villages, architecture areas, Cafes(Including Wifi), Nightclub Discotheques, Bars, Restaurants, Resort Zones, Beaches, and Independent Stores around, and easily accessible to my everyday life.

This area is not rural Moldova, Satmar-Maramures-Bucovina, or Oltenia by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:10 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
You are lucky to have that chance. Not many can say that. Good thing you're going for it
Yeah, taking advantage of the resourceful opportunity is a rational imperative. Yet very adventurous, and unconventional pleasantly risky endeavor.

I am going to record my living in Romania novel story when I am there.

I have very mixed luck. Travel, and Wealth is on my luckier side of the coin.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:17 AM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,039 times
Quote:
Yeah, taking advantage of the resourceful opportunity is a rational imperative. Yet very adventurous, and unconventional pleasantly risky endeavor.

I am going to record my living in Romania novel story when I am there.

I have very mixed luck. Travel, and Wealth is on my luckier side of the coin.

An adventure it will be, I'm sure. You've been there many times before already, but actually living there for a long time, coming from a place like NYC, would be a dramatic change I bet.

A novel story would actually be nice to make I believe. I've read many stories and blogs from people that moved away to other countries. It's always very interesting to read. Especially when the differences between de former and the new country are that big.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:35 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
An adventure it will be, I'm sure. You've been there many times before already, but actually living there for a long time, coming from a place like NYC, would be a dramatic change I bet.

A novel story would actually be nice to make I believe. I've read many stories and blogs from people that moved away to other countries. It's always very interesting to read. Especially when the differences between de former and the new country are that big.
When reflecting on every country of Europe I have visited, Romania is much more wonderfully alien by far than any of them, with the sole exception of Bulgaria. Even though I prefer Romania when Bulgaria is in the same breathe of focus. Any country of Europe is a very pleasant welcoming invigorating wow opener cultural shock traveling between North America to all over Europe.

I have equal preference on each of my favorite European countries: France, Czech Republic, Austria, Romania, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia, Belgium, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, UK, Ireland, Finland, Latvia and Croatia respective to North America: USA, Canada, including the first 5 to 9 countries of reference by themselves.

Romania is a very dreamy, exotic, and mystical country. Beach cities, towns, and villages of Dobrogea feel urban enough to me, even though I am originally from NYC at first, then Seattle West Coast and I prefer an urban lifestyle. Not too rural or suburban. There is more than enough favorite architecture zones, favorite neighborhoods, Independent Business Stores(a lack of chain stores there), Cafes, Nightclubs, Bars, Restaurants, Festivals, Celebrations, Music Concerts, and Public Transportation around Constanta/Mamaia, Eforie Nord, Eforie Sud, Costinesti, Mangalia/Olimp/Neptun, and Vama Veche.

Yeah, there is always making a travel blog, and CD World Forum to record every main event, and memory.

Adventure is a main definition of life. Taking the opportunity without any hesitation seems inevitable and a rational imperative of the future.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:52 AM

504 posts, read 465,540 times
Quote:
Adventure is a main definition of life. Taking the opportunity without any hesitation seems inevitable and a rational imperative of the future.
Don't know why you opened this thread, as it sounds like you are already totally convinced, and had a chip implanted by the Romanian Tourist Board.

I have been to NYC and Romania (one much more than the other) and from my perspective it will be like moving from the first world to the third. The incomes of which you speak must go a long way in Romania.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times
Do it, you have nothing to lose and will always regret it if you don't go. I did it in the early 80s and I'm not even Romanian but I had a great time there. Romania is a beautiful country with great people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe