Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Basic Voting: Live in Romania or not next year, including to obtain paid farm work?
Yes, Of Course! Take The Opportunity Without Any Hesitation. 18 52.94%
Yeah, yet with some more hesitation. 6 17.65%
Maybe. I don't know. Undecided. 4 11.76%
No, close to a yes. 2 5.88%
Don't without a doubt. Undeniably a no. 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 12:57 PM

5,490 posts, read 13,863,900 times

Advertisements

There is deep extensive connections I have in Constanta beach city of Romania. I have Romanian ethnic heritage outside of my nationality, and literally up to 33 out of 35 family members live there. Only my Mom, and sibling sister don't live there out of my immediate family.

Me and my Sister technically have an Agricultural farm land inheritance near Constanta because of our Father's death land grant, and we get $75,000 of annual income from this extremely wealthy farm. My Uncles (Father's brothers) make hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions of dollars on this vast farm network of Dobrogea. One of my uncles asked me if I want to get paid work on the farm next spring-autumn April-October 2016.

If I go there getting this paid work, I stay in a villa house not far away from the farms in Constanta, and have a flexible enough schedule, including weekend free time for my nightclubs, cafes, favorite neighborhoods, and I get to travel more easily before and after the job around Turkey, Georgia, all over Romania, and Europe to Asia.

I went to Romania the past 2 summers and fell in love with the country, having deep respect with visiting. I want to establish more identity to my ethnic heritage, and spend more time in this area of the World. Constanta is a very dreamy, and exotic underrated city, and I want to have another life on the opposite side of the World.

I am a young college student (Below 25 years old) finishing a double major in Architecture, and Computer Information Technology Website Developing Database Administration. I am graduating from a college in March. While I have enough relevant experience, I need more and curious if this paid farm work is relevant enough to Computer Tech and Architecture, or just to satisfy extra jobs on the resume. I lived in NYC, and Seattle WA USA North America up to 24 years old.

Included a poll. Am I supposed to say yes to my Uncle, and live in Constanta Romania at least half a year or maybe longer? What is your polite reflection, and thoughts on this epic novel journey with a North American moving to Romania, a realistically available emerging exotic beginning of another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 02:51 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,544,630 times
Working in the hot Dobrujan sun during summers may not be very idyllic and simple physical work may appear boring and exhausting. Though a city boy, around age 20 I spent more than an year in a monastery, doing bassically all kind of agricultural and other kind of works and that was really idyllic, given the fact that the places were idyllic too. But it was early 90s, less pollution and agitation.

Anyway, I think you should do this for an year, as Romania has something that disappeared long ago, or never been in other countries, a combination of full of live natural environment and fascinating human culture(s) and a mythical geography, like the one of India, being separated from the rest of the world by the rugged mountain relief and the mighty Danube.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:55 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times
Does the Constanta beach city of Romania have plenty of Independent Business Stores, Top of the World Cafes and Massive Elaborate Nightclubs?

Old 09-26-2015, 03:35 PM

191 posts, read 165,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Does the Constanta beach city of Romania have plenty of Independent Business Stores, Top of the World Cafes and Massive Elaborate Nightclubs?
Yes. And their hookah lounges are infamous legendary with powerful inspirational herbage to be smoked.

Last edited by yabanci; 09-26-2015 at 03:56 PM..

Old 09-26-2015, 04:17 PM

24,205 posts, read 24,646,382 times
I definitely think you should go. With no strings attached. Don't invest any money, don't give false promises, but go there to your ancestral homeland and live with the locals. Work the farm, travel around Romania, yes. It certainly will be a great experience. Go for it is my opinion.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:20 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,820,822 times
Think which choice you will regret less. I would definitely regret not going somewhere more than going and it not working out. Do it.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:21 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,544,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Constanța is a grim commieblock city of 300 k + people (with a tiny historical center in a deplorable condition) but immediately next to it starts Mamaia, Romania's nightlife capital which has some elaborate clubs

Old 09-27-2015, 08:51 AM

23,906 posts, read 10,269,303 times
Do you hold a Romanian passport?

Old 09-27-2015, 08:55 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,248,037 times
I would definitely do it. From what I've seen you posting the past couple years, it's clear you have a great interest in the country and already gave it a lot of thought even before your uncle made you that offer.

I agree with Kuugulkur on the regret part. If I was standing in your shoes I'd probably regret it the rest of my life if I didn't do it. And since you're obviously already financially set, no matter what you do, there's not much to loose, is there?

I think it will be a great adventure for a guy your age and who knows what comes from this all? I could imagine in a country that is still building its self up there's a lot of opportunities for a young person with that education.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:57 AM

10,932 posts, read 11,657,815 times
Figure out how you are going to get a work permit (if you need one), first. Your experience there, if you can get in, will tell you whether your goals are worth pursuing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe