Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 03:37 PM

507 posts, read 443,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
They live alright where I live, mostly in flats rather than squashed into rooms, and then they can cook their own meals. But the locals are getting a bit pissed off and I'm worried we're gonna end up having race wars - they've (the locals) have been spreading rumours that the refugees are raping the local women, trying to rile people up to fight.
Gee, we have someone like that in the U.S., too, only he's running for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 04:46 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
Gee, we have someone like that in the U.S., too, only he's running for President.
Mexican illegal alien rapists aren't refugees.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:41 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Well they got their menu changed, rice instead of potatoes and no more fish soup. Seems fine to me.
Idiots. Salmon soup is to Finnish cuisine the same as Sunday roast is to English cuisine.

Reception centre menus changed after asylum seeker protests | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

Other news:

Finland to tighten line on Iraqi and Somali asylum seekers | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi
Yle: 2016 budget based on 15,000 asylum seekers, Interior Ministry forecasts 30,000 this year | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi
Statue of football star draped in Ku Klux Klan costume | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

"The newspaper Etelä-Suomen Sanomat reports that the statue of the football star Jari Litmanen had been dressed in white sheets on Sunday morning in Lahti, in apparent attempt to resemble the garb of white supremacist group the Ku Klux Klan. This is the second Ku Klux Klan-related incident in the area in the past few days."

This article is in Finnish, but I'll translate the best bits: Kaikille turvapaikanhakijoille ruoka ei ole kynnyskysymys

Status on Iraqis in Finland facebook page: "What do you want? You came to their country and have to follow their principles, not your. Brothers, you only think about your stomachs, beverages and women. In that case you didn't come here to build a new life."

Tharwat Muhammed from Baghdad: "I don't complain about the food, it's trivial to me. I came here to escape war and live in peace. Food is only for survival, and if they only give bread to me, I respect that and eat only bread. I would like to cook for myself, though, and here it isn't possible. I've understood that in other reception centres there's kitchens."

I can't find the link anymore, but in some centres the asylum seekers have been told to shut up and eat their bloody potatoes. They have also been told that complaining is the easiest way to get on the wrong foot with the native population, as a portion of the population didn't want them here in the first case. Also some former refugees and now naturalised citizens have told the loudmouths to STFU and feel ashamed about themselves.

Today there were demos in Helsinki, Tampere, Lahti, Mikkeli and Tornio, attracting thousands from both "welcome refugees" and "close the borders" camps. They were peaceful, though.

Last edited by Ariete; 10-03-2015 at 07:51 AM..

Old 10-03-2015, 09:07 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,253,917 times
The soup made them ill apparently. It would be better if they could just cook their own food though.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:21 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,015,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I wish they hated America.
They do, but that doesn't stop them from coming.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,806,576 times
ot to this thread, but whatever. i feel obliged to spread the word.

sweden gets 1500 asylum seekers a day now. at this rate, swedes will be in minority within 10-15 years. about time. most swedes are basically begging to become robbed and raped now. what a bunch of sadomasochistic freaks. we're a nation of *******. the stockholm syndrome was coined here, soon we'll have the sweden syndrome. lol. definitely a subject of future studies. i'll be cheering for the new-comers.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:55 AM

6,908 posts, read 7,672,495 times
Quote:
They live alright where I live, mostly in flats rather than squashed into rooms, and then they can cook their own meals. But the locals are getting a bit pissed off and I'm worried we're gonna end up having race wars - they've (the locals) have been spreading rumours that the refugees are raping the local women, trying to rile people up to fight.
Well look at Germany, guess it will end up happening sooner or later there too:

Germany: Migrants' Rape Epidemic

A bit of the article:
Quote:
Police in the Bavarian town of Mering, where a 16-year-old-girl was raped on September 11, have issued a warning to parents not to allow their children to go outside unaccompanied. In the Bavarian town of Pocking, administrators of the Wilhelm-Diess-Gymnasium have warned parents not to let their daughter's wear revealing clothing in order to avoid "misunderstandings."

Old 10-04-2015, 12:53 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,253,917 times
I doubt that there is any rapes happening in my town, just rumours started by racists who actually want to go shoot them, even the children.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:21 PM

507 posts, read 443,340 times
Quote:
I doubt that there is any rapes happening in my town, just rumours started by racists who actually want to go shoot them, even the children.
Yep, we have those types in the U.S., too. See a few posts above regarding Mexicans. I see some Swedes have that mindset, too.

Xenophobia is an ugly, ugly thing. Unfortunately, it appears to come naturally to some.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:05 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
Xenophobia is an ugly, ugly thing.
It's actually a good thing in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe