Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:54 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Well that's Turku for you, weird city. You can't consider it as representative of Finland as a whole...
Are you sure?

Finnish Weird

2oceansvibe.com – Work is a sideline, live the holiday. Cape Town Lifestyle. – 10 Interesting (And Weird) Facts About Finland

https://lecieldhelsinki.wordpress.co...tuff-finns-do/

Dumb Laws in Finland. Crazy Finland Laws. We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

Depressing Finland, Some weird Finnish words

The 13 Weirdest Events in Finland

Facts are against your statement natsku
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 02:03 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I cannot understand how according to former news usually muslim seekers killed christian seekers at boats (over the board) and how they can "rape their own". Would think they would focus to support each other during their sorrow to leave their home land.. To get something better

And I hope german would not let this continue.

wow, it is always shame to put rape victims down. I have been personally in bad situations and it is not feeling secure when some people would not believe

I hope you are not one of those who does not care "your own"..

I have seen already what happends here and I am heavily armed after my experiences. I would take womens fears seriously. It does not help women to create environment where rapes and harassing are not taken seriously. What smells is that there is usually more than one or 2 of them so I would need more arms or practise to shoot by my toes. Would I let myself to get raped or shoot my attacker? Guess twice.

If you are sure nothing is going to happend to you, fine. But don't put the victims and harassed womens experiences and fears down. I have been already harassed by seekers and I will do all to protect myself. Yes, I would kill a rapist, I have rights to my downstairs.

Why rapist should have bigger rights to rape than a woman prevent it happend? And when a rapist does not follow the law why a victim should?

And I don't think I own the earth so anyone is free to live where they want to but I do have rights to my own body and only my baby has right to live inside Kinda deal I am ok with people settling around the earth but only when they do it by honoring other people.
Enrichment comes in many forms and don't dare to oppose that woman!

Old 10-05-2015, 03:26 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,252,976 times
Quote:
I cannot understand how according to former news usually muslim seekers killed christian seekers at boats (over the board) and how they can "rape their own". Would think they would focus to support each other during their sorrow to leave their home land.. To get something better

And I hope german would not let this continue.

wow, it is always shame to put rape victims down. I have been personally in bad situations and it is not feeling secure when some people would not believe

I hope you are not one of those who does not care "your own"..

I have seen already what happends here and I am heavily armed after my experiences. I would take womens fears seriously. It does not help women to create environment where rapes and harassing are not taken seriously. What smells is that there is usually more than one or 2 of them so I would need more arms or practise to shoot by my toes. Would I let myself to get raped or shoot my attacker? Guess twice.

If you are sure nothing is going to happend to you, fine. But don't put the victims and harassed womens experiences and fears down. I have been already harassed by seekers and I will do all to protect myself. Yes, I would kill a rapist, I have rights to my downstairs.

Why rapist should have bigger rights to rape than a woman prevent it happend? And when a rapist does not follow the law why a victim should?

And I don't think I own the earth so anyone is free to live where they want to but I do have rights to my own body and only my baby has right to live inside Kinda deal I am ok with people settling around the earth but only when they do it by honoring other people.
No victims have reported any rapes, its just rumours spread by men who are trying to start trouble. I would never put a possible rape victim down but that is not the case here.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennia View Post
I don't think you understand the definition of "xenophobia." A phobia, by definition, is irrational. Irrationality is never a good thing.

Regardless, it's a form of racism and bigotry. It also makes no sense, when you consider what these people are fleeing from--oppression at the hands of religious nutcases.

I'm not here to tell Finland, or any other country, what to do. I just found the way the OP was phrased and the discussion of the food to be funny. I'm curious about Finland in that "crush from afar" kind of way, and am thinking of taking a trip there, so when a thread pops up about it, I read.
None of what you say applies to Jihadists who want to kill infidels.

Rejecting them is not xenophobia, racism or bigotry.

But if liberals and bleeding hearts want to call rejecting them "xenophobia," then I will say that "xenophobia" as they define it is a good thing.

Sure, not EVERY refugee is a Jihadist.

But we know that Jihadists can slip into the crowd.

There is no way of screening them out when few if any among the refugees have a passport and the countries they are coming from are at war.

It is more than suspicious that so many of them are young men, and so few are women, the elderly and children.

And the great majority are Muslims, whose religion calls for eliminating infidels or -- at best -- treating them as second-class citizens.

I would save my compassion for those who you KNOW really deserve it.

Last edited by dechatelet; 10-06-2015 at 04:09 AM..

Old 10-06-2015, 12:51 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Enrichment comes in many forms and don't dare to oppose that woman!

My friend told me that seekers are asking what they should do when women at finnish bars are sitting on their laps. Teachers answer: Remove yourself to another chair

lololol no wonder finland only has 5 million people

I love the teachers answer genuinely but too fun once again

Old 10-08-2015, 09:31 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,181 times
I was just in Helsinki overnight a few days ago. I thought it was cool and it jived really well with me. The weather and landscape is a mirror of Northern Ontario, where I live. I also didn't see what appeared to be any refugees or even obvious immigrants there. And the food looks great. It may be the northern thing in me, but all the vegetables and salmon and bread going around looked pretty appetizing and varied enough for me.

The one thing I thought to be interesting was the amount of Nepali restaurants in town. I've never seen one in any country ever before, but Helsinki has several.

Conversely, I'm in India right now, which has a highly celebrated cuisine worldwide and I'm already getting sick of half of everything being a wet dish with chapati or rice.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:49 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetway View Post
So migrants hate Finland. LOL

As if they called them to come.
It's unbelievable how Europe reacts I feel like an Alice in wonderland.
These people haven't even passed by refugee, they are all just economic migrants seeking money for free.
This is a massive generalization, most of them can be called economic migrants but there are definitely several refugees who are fleeing from war in both Iraq and Syria.

Anyway, i can understnad how it's hard to get used to living in Lapland with a completely different culture, food, traditions and climate when you are coming from these countries. This one, for me, is a non-story

Old 10-10-2015, 03:54 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,602 times
Quote:
Breing from Italy and having eaten several school lunches when i was a little kid, i can tell it isn't as good as it looks, maybe i was unlucky and our school didn't have a great supplier but i preferred going to home (which was 3 minutes on foot away), eat at home and then return to school

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If the Finns are smart, they'll realize that this invasion is no different from past Russian invasions and arm themselves accordingly.
That's sick! These people are just looking for shelter and a new start after escaping to war. How can you compare that to an invasion? It's true that they should be more grateful but having to adapt to a place who couldn't be more different from your home country isn't easy either especially after being told that Europe is a paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
"The newspaper Etelä-Suomen Sanomat reports that the statue of the football star Jari Litmanen had been dressed in white sheets on Sunday morning in Lahti, in apparent attempt to resemble the garb of white supremacist group the Ku Klux Klan. This is the second Ku Klux Klan-related incident in the area in the past few days."
How could they commit sacrilege to the statue of a national hero like Jari Litmanen?
One of the only three decent footballers Finland has ever produced! (Sami Hyypia and Roman Eremenko being the other ones)

Last edited by improb; 10-10-2015 at 04:02 AM..

Old 10-10-2015, 08:31 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
How could they commit sacrilege to the statue of a national hero like Jari Litmanen?
One of the only three decent footballers Finland has ever produced! (Sami Hyypia and Roman Eremenko being the other ones)
I don't know, it's a shame. But also, it's the city of Lahti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe