Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2015, 01:13 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Given you don't know for your own admission Italy and its culture, that you rarely get out of your house (for you own admission) and that you don't live in Nice (for your own admission), I guess you aren't really the best person to just dismiss someone else's opinion with "...meh".
I don't even care if my post got deleted, yes I don't go outside my apartment much, because of health problems, that doesn't mean I don't know the history of my own country and its cities, I also watch TV and read probably a lot more books than you do. You say I overreact, but you're doing the same, if you don't like my comments, for the tentieth time, IGNORE ME.

Also -- you're on my ignore list now, can't see your posts anymore.

Last edited by Eden Morlevent; 10-13-2015 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: things to delete... sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 03:50 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,770 times
It seems that facts and truth are hard to digest and accept nowadays.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:43 AM

212 posts, read 209,029 times
Quote:
Both Nice (Nizza) and Montecarlo were founded by Italians and have a distinct Italian touch: Nice has been under French control for over 150 years and Montecarlo is a place of its own.

Founded by Greeks and formed part of many kingdoms, including Spain, and was conquered by France several times. Lately, they were part of the realm of Corse before being taken by France. They have their own language or dialect and have a distinct personality. Not Italian character, but the usual wealthy resort that received "tourists" from England during the last 200 years.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:14 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampliment View Post
Founded by Greeks and formed part of many kingdoms, including Spain, and was conquered by France several times. Lately, they were part of the realm of Corse before being taken by France. They have their own language or dialect and have a distinct personality. Not Italian character, but the usual wealthy resort that received "tourists" from England during the last 200 years.
The Nice dialect is included in the "Italian language family" and it has several features in common with Ligurian whereas the city remained in the Italian sphere for most the Middle Age and from 1699 till 1860 (but 23 years in 1792-1815) it was Piedmontian.
It suffices to say that one of the most importance squares is "Place Giuseppe Garibaldi" to counter your remaining arguments.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:22 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,237,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampliment View Post
Russians are known for receiving information about how a machine works... and then, after five hours, they explain to you that the machine works the same way he thought...which was the way explained by you.... but incorporating the same false and idiotic ideas. They haven't change an iota with the end of communism or whatever government that tries to civilize their tataric souls.
Really? Tataric souls? You're from the Ukraine, is not it?

Old 10-14-2015, 01:58 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,024,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Really? Tataric souls? You're from the Ukraine, is not it?
Rusophobes exist all over europe, but so do and rusophiles. What the Bulgarian writer Ivan Vazov wrote will be remembered too

"Земля великая, Россия,
всей ширью, светом, мощью ты
с небесной только схожа синью,
с душою русской широты."

Old 10-15-2015, 05:16 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,456,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Rusophobes exist all over europe, but so do and rusophiles. What the Bulgarian writer Ivan Vazov wrote will be remembered too
I hate Putin and current Russian politics in general, but hating all 146 267 288 people who live there is extremely stupid.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
I hate Putin and current Russian politics in general, but hating all 146 267 288 people who live there is extremely stupid.

Common Bulgarians are prorussian due to historical reasons, they view Russians as the people that freed them from Turks. Many cultured Bulgarians share a vitriolic hate towards Russians, and they all think that Zhikov was a moron for being such a brownose. They also remember vividly the invasion and occuptation, as it happened yesterday and that was in 1944. They also share a tremendous fear to "tsarist Putin" and share the view that Russians will never change. They blame Putin of EI, attacks to Turkey, and just say they are irrational.

They are also afraid because, even though they are in NATO, they only have two old russian planes...and they don't want to pay Russia for their maintenance and are dependent on gas.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
The Nice dialect is included in the "Italian language family" and it has several features in common with Ligurian whereas the city remained in the Italian sphere for most the Middle Age and from 1699 till 1860 (but 23 years in 1792-1815) it was Piedmontian.
It suffices to say that one of the most importance squares is "Place Giuseppe Garibaldi" to counter your remaining arguments.

The Nice dialect is related to Occitan, Garibaldi was born there, when Italy did not exist, that's why thera are squares all around. He might be also Brazilian for all that I know, since he lived there a large part of his existence.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post

"Земля великая, Россия,
всей ширью, светом, мощью ты
с небесной только схожа синью,
с душою русской широты."

Rusophiles? Where's that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe