Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best City in Europe
Stockholm 3 16.67%
Berlin 2 11.11%
Frankfurt 1 5.56%
Munich 1 5.56%
Hamburg 2 11.11%
Rest of Europe 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:31 PM

15 posts, read 29,133 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

I currently live in US, I've originally moved 3 years ago to California (San Diego & LA) and i absolutely did not liked them, so I've decided to move to Chicago just couple of years ago. Great City, but I ended up deciding US in general is not the right country for me for some reasons, So I've recently started thinking to move to Europe, which i think will be my final stop.

I've absolutely no much info on life in Europe and where is the right place for me. In general I've heard great things on Germany and Sweden so i was wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions from your personal experience.

A little background about myself: I am a 27 years old guy, single, My income is about $100K+/mo. I like cities with a great night life, not laid-back or boring. Finding a job doesn't matter at all as i have my own portable business. I like cities that are super clean and beautiful and i expect high quality of life in it. housing rents and prices in general doesn't matter as well, In fact i appreciate paying more to get a better thing. I drive an Aventador, busy streets doesn't matter as that's what i like about living in a city. I also appreciate nice friendly/social people and i would expect to find that in where i am to moving to.

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 5,897 times
Hi,
I know it's not Germany or Sweden, but according to your preferences I believe Amsterdam may be an option for you.
Amsterdam is everything but boring and the nightlife is great there.
Especiallt the canal area of Amsterdam is beautiful.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:35 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
I would second M0erman on Amsterdam. It is lively city that seems to check all of your boxes (at from what you have said). Barcelona would be a good second.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:20 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
I'm not trying to be funny here, but you make over 1 Million annually from your own portable business, you drive a fancy Lamborghini and you have to ask in an online forum which city in Europe would suit you most?
Really? Why don't just tour Europe to your heart's content and make a decision afterward?
With money being no real object, cities like Paris and London probably won't be topped by anything else in Europe.
And if you do have an itch to see something besides your new hometown, you can just take your Aventador to the street and be there within a day at most!

Last edited by MustermannBB; 10-07-2015 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: corrections

Old 10-07-2015, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 29,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I'm not trying to be funny here, but you make over 1 Million annually from your own portable business, you drive a fancy Lamborghini and you have to ask in an online forum which city in Europe would suit you most?
Really? Why don't just tour Europe to your heart's content and make a decision afterward?
With money being no real object, cities like Paris and London probably won't be topped by anything else in Europe.
And if you do have an itch to see something besides your new hometown, you can just take your Aventador to the street and be there within a day at most!
I been to Europe multiple times. but never lived there. Its difficult to make a choice when i didn't lived there, speaking as a tourist is totally different than speaking as someone who live there. I do appreciate your advice tho.

Last edited by black-hat; 10-07-2015 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-08-2015, 08:05 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Usually, if you're asking over the internet which of 4 or 5 different cities would be best for you, you don't actually have a good reason to move to any of them. You should get to know some until you find 'the one'. That especially applies when your move doesn't even hinge on where the jobs are.

Also, all you really said is that you want a clean city. They're all clean. It's too complex to just pick one out of a hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe