Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 04:28 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Ear cropping is popular in the US (promoted in dog shows) and totally illegal in Europe.

At some countries you cannot cut the tail away either which is a good thing

I wish people would be more active and participate to work against animal cruelties but how many people really even bother to check the daily hygiene products and make up that they use? There is lot of animal cruelty behind clothing and product industry. You can google lists whic are safe to use.

Also daily food, what do you eat does the dactory behind it. Just google details how food chain goes from animals viewpoint. Google the companies behind the products that you use and also send them mail to ask details.

Your daily habits could make a big difference. You could not believe what awfull things are behind things that seem to be ok or "normal".

Also travelling etc. look what is behind everything what is offered. It is sad how it is all left every each individual to find out but it is part of keeping people blind and continue making money. Not only animals but actually sometimes local people are suffering because of tourism too. Businessment ignore locals rights because the hotel must run high and guests be served well.

We have few regular shops that started to offer ethical choices just because enough clients asked. Also posting emails and post cards to every each participant of food and product chains helps to make a change.

People have to unfortunately keep lot of noice and keep it up long time before things are willing to change.

Also, start from your own mouth, body, kitchen, bathroom and garage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
IIRC animal cruelty isn;t even a serious crime in some places in Europe!! Eastern Europe is the worst place on Earth to be a stray animal! When I was there it was all I could do to keep my composure! I'll never know what makes so many there so cruel towards animals. I met tons of wonderful folks there, but way too much animal cruelty. It puts hate in your heart

Yes, there are some horror traditions also still going on. If you go for example change.org, you can find horrible things that people are trying to get into peoples knowledge and get people to support making those cruelties stop. Unfortunately too less people are ready to fight against cruelty.

It is certain amount of people around the world who are interested but sum is too small. We would need the big mass which stays silent and does nothing. Some of these people do think there should not be cruelty against animals but thinking home is not helping anyone.

Everyone just need to take action to make the difference.

Even your furnitures make the difference, where they came, how much wild animals is left homeless and killed (forest industry), how much chemicals are used to surfaces, fabrics etc. How much animal testing was made for nothing just to look how much this chemical is toxic enough to kill each percentage of animals. Really, animals are poisoned to death just to look when 50% of them are dead etc.

It is terrible what a human can do...

Old 02-23-2016, 04:53 AM

[quote=Krokodill;43111780]English, they hunt little foxes illegally using 200 horsemen. Not like bullfighting that is a man-vs-bull confrontation.

lol, you think it is fair for the bull?

"From the moment they enter the ring, the bulls don’t stand a chance. They may be weakened by beatings, have their horns shaved to keep them off balance, or have petroleum jelly rubbed into their eyes to impair their vision."

"lances into the bull’s back and neck muscles. This attack impairs the bull’s ability to lift his head and defend himself. They twist and gouge the lances to ensure significant blood loss."

"When the bull has become weakened from blood loss, the banderilleros run the bull in circles until he becomes dizzy and stops chasing them. Finally, the matador appears and, after provoking a few exhausted charges from the dying animal, tries to kill the bull with his sword. If he misses, succeeding only in further mutilating the animal, an executioner is called in to stab the exhausted and submissive bull to death. The dagger is supposed to cut the animal’s spinal cord, but even this stroke can be blundered, leaving the bull conscious but paralyzed as he is chained by his horns and dragged out of the arena."

From change.org, cannot send the straight link.

Quote:
English are also known to kick their beloved cats and dogs in the privacy of their homes.
England is also known taking some good actions Animal rights movement: The movement is regarded as having been founded in the UK in the early 1970s by a group of Oxford university post-graduate philosophy students, now known as the "Oxford Group".[3] The group were led by Roslind and Stanley Godlovitch, graduate students of philosophy who had recently become vegetarians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights_movement

This is what makes it hard, we haveanimal abusers, covernments and laws, industry and businessment, animal rights activist, big mass who is silent and suffering animals. Different type of groups with different interst.

The change is really hard to make when so small amount of people are trying to make a change when businessmen, companies and covernment would not want to.

Only clients and consumers can decidee if certain company is succesfull or not. As long as people keep paying for cruelty industry, that stays. When the day comes when people stop paying on them and turn to those who offer ethical choices, those cruelty companies either have to change or closure. It is practically in regular folks hands when there is enough hands against cruelty.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:01 AM

And what comes to animal abusers it is more psychological thing. Regular folks has less options to do when abuser cases are on the news or they see something. Volunteer animal officers are to call, also police. But abusers would need therapy actually. Maybe if someone is rich enough could pay their therapy, lol

But what you can wait from the world who says cesar millan a "dog whisperer". His tactics basic on forcing and abusing. The view what is given of -how to train or treat- animals is quite horrible.

Cesars program are edited at some countries because his methods are against a law.

About 20 years ago I added dog training school with my dog, they said you must make him submiss to you, get a thick skin to do it etc. I said F, if my dog does not learn without punishing, fear and submissing, it has no need to learn anything..

I was crying, are they crazy, I would hurt my dog just to make it learn? Actually instead there is lot of positive methods to make dogs learn meanwhile being happy and I don't have to cry either... So they just had no enough skills to train dogs.

But also kids are abused at schools and at home "to learn" during history. At some countries it is still legal to physically punish kids.. So why they would think animals either? Also domestic violence etc. For some reason part of people did not learnt to communicate by any other way than using violence. They need help no matter if target is animal or another human.

Last edited by soUlwounD; 02-23-2016 at 05:10 AM..

Old 02-23-2016, 08:10 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
English, they hunt little foxes illegally using 200 horsemen.
Wasn't this banned over 10 years ago?

Old 02-23-2016, 08:10 AM

504 posts, read 465,820 times
Quote:
English, they hunt little foxes illegally using 200 horsemen. Not like bullfighting that is a man-vs-bull confrontation.

What utter rubbish. Are you serious?

Hunting wild animals with dogs was made illegal by the Blair government. There are loopholes and a very vocal minority (including some of the public school idiots in the Tory government) continue to protest loudly. Cameron promised that there would be a vote in the Commons during this parliament to decide whether to overturn the ban. When it happens, the ban will remain in force by a large majority.

Meanwhile the grotesque spectacle of bullfighting continues, to the shame of Spain, which should have outlawed this many years ago. How any human can relish watching it defies belief. Credit and respect to Catalunia, where it is now illegal.

I believe Spain does not even have any animal protection laws whatsoever.

Quote:
English are also known to kick their beloved cats and dogs in the privacy of their homes.
Really? Which fairy tale were you reading before bedtime last night?

There is animal cruelty in the UK, as there is in every country. I wish there wasn't. The situation, however, is far better here than in most countries. We banned "veal crates" - it is illegal to raise calves in the terrible wooden crates (in which they cannot even turn around), but we cannot prevent imported veal from countries like NL and F where the practice is common. There would be outrage if geese were force fed to produce fois gras, and my local French restaurant which serves it, was recently protested by a large crowd. I eat there, but would never order it.

There is more "free range" meat available in the UK than anywhere else I've been in Europe. The better supermarkets do not now stock eggs from "battery" (caged) hens.

Which is not to pretend everything is fine, because it is not. Then again, anywhere in Europe is better than Asia. What goes on in China is horrific.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yes it was.

They now do "drag hunting" (which is nothing to do with a man in a dress) - somebody drags rags covered in animal scent across the fields, which the dogs and horses then follow. However, we know that they can't control the dogs completely, and if they happen to come across a fox then sometimes it is killed. The law considers this "accidental", which is a stupid loophole.

Oscar Wilde summed up fox hunting perfectly. "The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Inedible".

Old 02-23-2016, 08:31 AM

426 posts, read 394,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
They keep doing it.,
And noe...so many chevaliers afainst a red fox?
And they camplain about bulls and throwing gots out of churchbelll..when tge goat does not die..

Old 02-23-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
They keep doing it.,
And noe...so many chevaliers afainst a red fox?
And they camplain about bulls and throwing gots out of churchbelll..when tge goat does not die..
Come and live in London and you will see how many foxes get killed by dogs. They are EVERYWHERE and absolute pests.

This guy posted this only a couple of days ago - and he lives right in the middle of London.

A foxy visitor this morning - Imgur

Doesn't look too bad, does it? No dog bite marks that I can see.

Now, kindly explain what fun is achieved by throwing a goat from a church tower? And how the goat survives? Just 4 broken legs I would imagine.

And whilst you are at it, please list the Spanish animal protection legislation.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Come and live in London and you will see how many foxes get killed by dogs. They are EVERYWHERE and absolute pests.

This guy posted this only a couple of days ago - and he lives right in the middle of London.

A foxy visitor this morning - Imgur

Doesn't look too bad, does it? No dog bite marks that I can see.

Now, kindly explain what fun is achieved by throwing a goat from a church tower? And how the goat survives? Just 4 broken legs I would imagine.

And whilst you are at it, please list the Spanish animal protection legislation.

The fact that animal is unpleasant creature of someones view of point does not make righteous to torture it. In animals view point is most important if someone is going to kill it and it is legal just kill it by the fastest way that is available.

And yes, dying to inner bleeds and injuries is very bad, also escaping dogs causes stress. Why hunting games done by people are seeing terrible for the victim but when target is animal, all the stress, fear of death, injuries and dead is ignored? All animals are feeling creatures no matter if we like them personally or not.

Why would wolwe killing hunting dogs be terrible but hunting dogs killing foxes not cause harm for the fox? People twist things look righteous only from their own viewpoint. Same act suddenly changes from dangerous to harmless by humans viewpoint. When istead animal is only what matters and the result for the animal is same.

"Underground battles between terriers and foxes can be protracted and can cause horrific injuries to both animals as the fox fights for his life. A fox that is caught out in the open by the hounds is not quickly dispatched by a quick nip to the back of the neck, as is stated in the pro hunting literature. The animal is literally torn apart. It has no chance against the number and the size of the dog"

People are animals too, why putting ourselves into a place of other animals seems to be impossible to some people? Would you want to be in a place of fox if that seems to harmless to you?

Dying is rarely painless, even it is done "properly". There is no need for more.

All these animal abusing acts are as terrible, there is no free pass by saying something else would be more wrong so we can continue or brutality till you stop your own.. Everyone are free to work against their own countries brutality as well as other countries.

I don't participate "buy a goat to african-family"- adds because those goats go to sacrificing purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe