Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:08 AM

426 posts, read 394,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
Come and live in London and you will see how many foxes get killed by dogs. They are EVERYWHERE and absolute pests.

This guy posted this only a couple of days ago - and he lives right in the middle of London.

A foxy visitor this morning - Imgur

Doesn't look too bad, does it? No dog bite marks that I can see.

Now, kindly explain what fun is achieved by throwing a goat from a church tower? And how the goat survives? Just 4 broken legs I would imagine.

And whilst you are at it, please list the Spanish animal protection legislation.

The goat supervives as she falls into a net. I don't know, that town is far from here and they enjoyed the festivity until communists or whatever forbit it.

Maybe they throw a goat in replacement of a priest, priests are scarce now and old and I don't know if the could survive.

A priest would be more fun.

The animal protection lesgislation is the same that in Disneyland and the rest of Europe, they forced all disneyland laws some decades ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 04:22 AM

504 posts, read 465,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
A priest would be more fun.
Finally we agree on something.

The Pope would be the most fun of all.

"Disneyland laws"? That's not good. Have you seen what they do to a giant mouse? It's shocking.

Last edited by 640TAG; 02-24-2016 at 04:32 AM..

Old 02-24-2016, 04:47 AM

504 posts, read 465,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
The fact that animal is unpleasant creature of someones view of point does not make righteous to torture it. In animals view point is most important if someone is going to kill it and it is legal just kill it by the fastest way that is available.
I agree with you. I am opposed to fox hunting, as I am opposed to hare coursing, badger baiting, dog fighting (all banned long ago).

All I am saying, in the scheme of things, fox hunting is not my number one cause of concern. Most of it does not happen now because of the law. It does still happen on a small scale by those who flout the law, and when a fox "accidentally" gets killed during a drag hunt. Foxes are a pest both in the countryside and in the city (and they don't care too much about animal rights when they get inside a chicken coup - it's mass slaughter even though they don't eat most of them). I agree that they should be dispatched humanely, and that hunting is not humane.

There are far larger examples of cruelty in farming, hunting, "entertainment" than fox hunting. I resent any accusation that animals are treated worse in the UK, when the situation is completely the opposite. We have stricter welfare rules than most countries, and a climate of concern for animals. There is far worse in other European countries, and far far worse in Asia and Africa.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:13 AM

426 posts, read 394,037 times
I find all those animal right cockcadoo hypocresy. Why don't you visit a chicked farm with 2.000.000 hens in little boxes? Visit a mink farm and watch minks being skinned allibe?

And pigs, animals smarter than dogs and near to human, wisit a pug far and you'll watch 1000000 crazy pigs.

Animal rights..idiocies to appease the conscience of cat lovers.

Cats...they are used for all types of medical experiments, of course, not publicised.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:46 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
I find all those animal right cockcadoo hypocresy. Why don't you visit a chicked farm with 2.000.000 hens in little boxes? Visit a mink farm and watch minks being skinned allibe?

And pigs, animals smarter than dogs and near to human, wisit a pug far and you'll watch 1000000 crazy pigs.

Animal rights..idiocies to appease the conscience of cat lovers.

Cats...they are used for all types of medical experiments, of course, not publicised.
Animal rights individuals and groups and animal welfare professionals and students do visit farms, also mink farms and sometimes even slaughter houses. Also those called radicals try to sneak under the surface to explose things.

Like I told my earlier posts, farming is one problem. It is a field which is secured by industry and laws and business so it is slow to change. We do try and some good things also already happened. Animal welfare is growing "business". Question is why a farmer would want more money to treat animals well and doing their jobs, that I don't understand. Why such animal haters wanted to do that job at first place? One reason is that small farms cannot financially respond. There is lot of people who would love to run small farms with care but system madeit impossible.

Skinning fur animals alive is unfortunately true in asia, they also use dog and cat, but very few cases ended up to anyones knowledge from the west. I heard one case and that was not intentional. But there is also other problems as artificial insemination which causes pain and stress. It would be great if people would say no to fur industry. Also when people campaigned against dog and cat fur decorations, many brands stopped using them. Also some outdoors sporting brand stopped using all fur decorations. Things change but only when people are active.

Science starts to open up to the fact that animals are feeling and thinking creatures with their own communication = speaking skills and social bonds. This is one big step into better future to animals. It is sad when "it needs to be proved" before animal fields would be obligated to make changes, same with laws. Laws unfortunately comes behind, sometimes long behind and always animal welfare is not a basic on animal protection laws but business, sometimes even into religious matters. In any case at this moment they are made by humans viewpoint when they should be fixed to be from animals viewpoint.

Some countries still view animal as item in law but some are further in progress and they are not items anymore. Kudos for those countries and I hope rest of follow.

Anyway the ice has been broked, it is not a tabu anymore to make studies that shows animals as non -items. Sadly it is wasting many animals lives meanwhile more studies are done and covernments are ready to set animal welfare as priority in business. There should not be farming factory at all, just small ethical ranches.

People like to choose to be blind with things but some people do care. Some people choose to be vegetarian, some only eat free hunted meat, some only use organic meat or freely raised milk, eggs and meats. For example many of those "crazy cat people who speak for animal rights" are vegan. Their cats need meat to be healthy but some of them buy their meat straight from hunters or organicmeat.

I of course wish all people would care but it is good to even care own animals or those "cute" animals, it is better than abuse them all. Better to have little disney than abuse all..

Also visiting farms ae often leaded and there is very rare farmers who would let you go everywhere. Some of them even keep few "show-animals" as a pet just to make things look good when visitors are in. Therefore often illegally collected, disguished sneak ins etc. are those who are able to show the misstreating.

But lets remember that some farmers do love their animals and treat them well, those are often small farms where people have time to care. I visited a farm where a guy moved into countryside and created a dairyfarm because likes cows Some people are happy people as farmers.

But it would be good if people would start to be aware what happends to those who become to their plate. It could be very sad and suffered meat, milk or eggs. All people do not even know their meat was a living animal just before or milk is coming from a cow or eggs are coming from a chicken. They just think they become from foodstore, like it all just grow at foodstores racks..

I don't eat meat myself but my dogs eat organically produced meat. They need meat to live, I don't. I have been active since my young teenager years and there is changes happened into better at some fields but much much more need to be done. Also some good things changed into worse. It is policy fields which are twisting things time to time, worse is businessmen policy, of course.

But everyone can help just by choosing free and organic if is not interested to do more.

We have pet chickens to bring those few eggs that we use. That is a nice hobby and some people choose to do it instead using factory farming eggs. Also chicken meat is eatable also as "old" and if one does not like the taste or eat meat, dogs tend to love it

Lets just appreciate all peoples effort to take a step or 2 into a direction which leads that things would be better to animals. Step by step all fields are finally reached at some day.

If we would have simple solution on this we would done it already. Those who care for what ever animals, makes progress on that field and as all animals has their fans, all has those who try to make things better.

But big mass has to move.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:10 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640TAG View Post
I agree with you. I am opposed to fox hunting, as I am opposed to hare coursing, badger baiting, dog fighting (all banned long ago).

All I am saying, in the scheme of things, fox hunting is not my number one cause of concern. Most of it does not happen now because of the law. It does still happen on a small scale by those who flout the law, and when a fox "accidentally" gets killed during a drag hunt. Foxes are a pest both in the countryside and in the city (and they don't care too much about animal rights when they get inside a chicken coup - it's mass slaughter even though they don't eat most of them). I agree that they should be dispatched humanely, and that hunting is not humane.

There are far larger examples of cruelty in farming, hunting, "entertainment" than fox hunting. I resent any accusation that animals are treated worse in the UK, when the situation is completely the opposite. We have stricter welfare rules than most countries, and a climate of concern for animals. There is far worse in other European countries, and far far worse in Asia and Africa.
Making changes into farming is also a problem because for example bigger spaces would need huge investments. Money does not come in enough even now when producers prices are stomped down. Even some farmers would want to change their actual space better for the animals, they cannot afford it. All of them would not even care to do but some would.

It is when they started to guide things financially into way that small farms would not have a chance anymore. It is not only inside one country it is for example organizied inside EU. When they started to manipulate markets into a way that foodstore is getting the win and farmer is actually getting few pennies..

Ask why organic product costs many times more at foodstore when a farmer does not get but only few pennies more? No any other reason for the foodstore than leech people to make more win. This also, when you write emails to your foodstore, often drops organic prices down when you add charts which proves the win goes to a shop and not to a farmer.

Businessmen are good in manipulation and messing things.

Africa contains several countries (as well as asia) , in fact some of the african countries has better and more modern laws than somewhere in europe. Because their laws are created in modern time as a new thing and they could straightly add modern things on them. Of course there is so much different type of areas. And things are not so simple, why western go to asia and africa to abuse animals or support their abusing industry and shows?

Why gansters keep dog fights running when it is against law and police cannot or don't want to end it?

Why every each person in this planet would choose the harming way instead harmless? Away from the sight, away from the mind..

If people would post as much of human rights and animal rights and how to improve them instead posting "good looks", make ups, plastic surgery etc. world might be different.

That is also why media keeps people busy and focusing their looks. Of course they don't tell how much animals are tortured for this newest beauty product bought to markets.

Even, some people are so inhuman that they don't care. Their color of mascara is more important to them than the fact if animal cruelty would not be behind producing it.

Some people are simple cruel psychopaths who has no care for suffering.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:02 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,190,823 times
there was a dead shark on TV earlier, for food, in a TV show, i didn't even know that they killed sharks for food in France

Old 02-24-2016, 11:08 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
When I grew up in Germany, only those people had dogs who either had a farm (rare) or people who worked part time or stayed home. It was seen as a mild form of animal abuse to have a dog and leave him alone for more than 4 hours at a time. You would not even get a dog from a shelter if you work full time and the dog is alone at home all day. Also, you walk your dog (and not just one block) and don't just keep him in the yard. It is just part of their culture.

I moved to the US (Virginia) and wondered that everybody seemed to have a dog but I hardly ever see people walk them.

My parents still think it is cruel that I have a dog and work full time even though I go home for lunch just to walk my dog. I walk her 3x per day.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:17 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,413 times
A couple years ago, a quite famous and established cook was kicked out from one of Italy's main cooking shows for presenting the recipe of stewed cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJw6CZkc0GY

A moment of great television, the expression of the tv presenter is timeless It's actually an old recipe coming from the middle of Tuscany but his declarations were enough to get him sacked from public television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe