Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2017, 09:14 AM

509 posts, read 436,131 times

Advertisements

Hello to my fellow City-Data forum posters. I am curious as to what the job market is like in either Hamburg or Berlin for a transportation planner in the EUR 60,000 - 70,000 range with intermediate German language skills. I have worked as a senior level transportation planner in a ten-county region in rural central Virginia for five years and have project management experience in highway, pedestrian, and bicycle planning. I am also highly skilled in traffic modeling and forecasting programs (including Visum which is a German traffic forecasting software). I hold a BA in German, a BA in Geography, and an MA in Urban and Transportation Planning.

I studied German in college for four years and also studied abroad in Trier, Germany in 2006. Though my German is a bit rusty from little use over the past five years, I still speak enough to get by and know all the basics of German grammar and sentence structure to become fluent fairly quickly. My sister and her fiancé currently live and work Gütersloh, Germany so I have family already over there too.

My question is whether or not there are high paying positions for senior level transportation planners in Hamburg or Berlin with someone of my professional (advanced) and German language (intermediate) skill level? Are they looking to hire foreigners into these positions? I am 34 with no children or spouse. This is mainly just thinking about long-term relocation with no real commitments to leave immediately.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

-David

Last edited by dbcook1; 08-30-2017 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe