Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 06:21 AM

325 posts, read 368,593 times

Advertisements

Hi, just wondering which major European cities haven't been affected much by the migrant crisis? I have some opportunities coming up that I was excited for...but now with stories of migrants loitering, harassing, raping, and reducing the quality of life in these cities, I'm hesitant. Though I am American with family dating back to the early 1800s here, I am of German decent. The cities that I have opportunity for related to RF engineering work, in particular, are Amsterdam, Madrid, Copenhagen, and around the Brussels area. I would also like to hear perspectives beyond those cities as well. Thanks, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 06:26 AM

426 posts, read 394,116 times
None, sorry.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:43 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
None, sorry.

Just what Krokodill said.

To add, all those cities/areas you are interested are also full of trolls.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:06 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
In 99.5% of the cities in Europe you won't even notice that there is/was any kind of refugee crisis. The whole situation has affected only these poor people being harassed or mugged, and a few border town hotspots particularly on the Balkans. For the rest of us, life goes on like it always has.

I have 5 refugee centres within an hour's drive of my city, each holding 200-400 migrants, and I've not even seen anyone. Maybe someone on the bus, how could I know?

Old 03-10-2016, 07:07 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,127,697 times
My city before the musulum refugees came:

My city after the musulum refugees came:

Old 03-10-2016, 07:18 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
-Reykjavik
- Belfast (?)
- Dublin (?)
- Prague
- Warsaw/Krakow
- Bratislava
- Budapest
- Bucharest
- Minsk
- Kiev
others ?

Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,115,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Z-B View Post
Hi, just wondering which major European cities haven't been affected much by the migrant crisis? I have some opportunities coming up that I was excited for...but now with stories of migrants loitering, harassing, raping, and reducing the quality of life in these cities, I'm hesitant. Though I am American with family dating back to the early 1800s here, I am of German decent. The cities that I have opportunity for related to RF engineering work, in particular, are Amsterdam, Madrid, Copenhagen, and around the Brussels area. I would also like to hear perspectives beyond those cities as well. Thanks, everyone!
You shouldn't watch Fox News or believe what American politicians like Trump say. Every day life in major European cities doesn't have changed. Immigration is not a new development to those cities. In Düsseldorf, where I live, the percentage of people with a migration background is already about 40%. This is now increasing by the recent influx of refugees to about 41%-42%. There are many refugees shelter throughout the city. But you will not notice the refugees in every day life. They easily fit into the urban life. Long before the recent influx of refugees we already had people from Syria, Iraq, Eritrea or Northern Africa. It would be difficult for me to distinguish between a refugee from Syria and a Syrian that already lived here for 10 years.

When you are concerned about harassments or rapes, you should leave the U.S. and move to a major European city. It's safer

Old 03-10-2016, 12:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
I planned a 10 day vacation to Germany with my wife this May. At first , I said omg I should cancel . Then realized that europe has 500 million people... Whats another million spread out. We are still planning our trip to go in two months, and can care less about refugee. Just be aware of your surroundings and If they attack you, just fight back . I just talked to someone that went to munich for business and they said there was no difference. Only difference was his business partners in Germany said they were extremely pissed about merkels policy regarding immigration and they were not happy.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:21 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,605,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Z-B View Post
The cities that I have opportunity for related to RF engineering work, in particular, are Amsterdam, Madrid, Copenhagen, and around the Brussels area.
None of those cities are affected by the so called migrants crisis but all of those cities have large population of immigrants and it is nothing new.
What do you want exactly?

Old 03-10-2016, 02:35 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
You shouldn't watch Fox News or believe what American politicians like Trump say. Every day life in major European cities doesn't have changed. Immigration is not a new development to those cities. In Düsseldorf, where I live, the percentage of people with a migration background is already about 40%. This is now increasing by the recent influx of refugees to about 41%-42%. There are many refugees shelter throughout the city. But you will not notice the refugees in every day life. They easily fit into the urban life. Long before the recent influx of refugees we already had people from Syria, Iraq, Eritrea or Northern Africa. It would be difficult for me to distinguish between a refugee from Syria and a Syrian that already lived here for 10 years.

When you are concerned about harassments or rapes, you should leave the U.S. and move to a major European city. It's safer
40%

God help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe