Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 11:59 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times

Advertisements

Our strict immigration rules

All you need to do is jumping a fence.

Though EU dropped the bar too

Old 03-29-2016, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 4,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Our strict immigration rules

All you need to do is jumping a fence.

Though EU dropped the bar too
It's very hard to get into the US. The sheer effort it takes to get a green card is ridiculous when compared to liberal countries like Canada, and the US has deported more Muslims (a lot of them Pakistanis) than any other country.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:09 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westaroeal View Post

Muslims have a stereotype of being lower class and being criminals, their children often falling far behind Indians/East-Asians at assimilation/integration and being a model minority. They end up in ghettos similar to the Pakistani/Bangladeshi ghettos found in America.
Pakistani and Bangladeshi ghettos? Haven't seen that one before. Where exaclty are you talking about?

Old 03-29-2016, 04:14 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Muslims in the USA have so far been pretty crime free and middle class to date but I worry they may one day take to heart the hate language advocated by their prophet had and kill the infidels here.
You have it backwards. The greater concern is that hate speech and racism from the likes of Clownald Drumpf alienate young, impressionable kids, making them ripe for recruitment into ISIS--which, BTW, uses his campaign speeches in recruitment videos already.

The bottom line is that the more unwelcoming a nation is to the average Muslim, the more fodder ISIS has to say, "See? They hate Muslims! They war on us!" While that is an extreme response, it is what draws young people who feel unwanted and discriminated against to their ranks.

The only things hatred and fear have ever bred are more hatred and fear.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:21 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Pakistani and Bangladeshi ghettos? Haven't seen that one before. Where exaclty are you talking about?
I was wondering about that, myself.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:21 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Quote:
It's very hard to get into the US. The sheer effort it takes to get a green card is ridiculous when compared to liberal countries like Canada, and the US has deported more Muslims (a lot of them Pakistanis) than any other country.
Canada is easy??

You sure about this??

Old 03-29-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
I was wondering about that, myself.
New York and Detroit both have muslim ghettos but I can't remember the exact names. I remember them being mentioned and reading up on them, but I seriously cannot remember the exact place name.

I think they are less likely to exist because so many got deported during the 2000s, and I presume there was worse immigration conditions for them.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Canada is easy??

You sure about this??
Fairly. Even I could move there in a heartbeat. The USA is possible but seems more arduous.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:02 PM

749 posts, read 856,998 times
Emigrating the US with a legal status is indeed difficult. Immigrating illegally is very easy specially coming south of the border. How could it be otherwise with Sanctuary cities ?

Old 03-29-2016, 10:32 PM

766 posts, read 1,254,873 times
Quote:
New York and Detroit both have muslim ghettos but I can't remember the exact names. I remember them being mentioned and reading up on them, but I seriously cannot remember the exact place name.

I think they are less likely to exist because so many got deported during the 2000s, and I presume there was worse immigration conditions for them.
Lol those don't exist. In Detroit there's a muslim area called Dearborn that is relatively wealthy and prosperous. New York doesn't have any majority muslim areas from what I recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe