Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 07:10 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,463,425 times

Advertisements

You can move to Canada....In a heartbeat ?

That is news to me, and I LIVE in Canada, and I was born here.

The TRUTH is that the time line to apply, be investigated, and then be approved IF YOU QUALIFY....
Is about two years. That comes straight from the Immigration website of the Government of Canada.

Care to try to refute my statement ?

link. Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Read it for yourself......

Jim B.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:15 AM

6 posts, read 4,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Lol those don't exist. In Detroit there's a muslim area called Dearborn that is relatively wealthy and prosperous. New York doesn't have any majority muslim areas from what I recall.
I am 100% sure one exists in Detroit, made up of South Asian Muslims. I spent an entire thread arguing with that fact a while back. Someone somewhere might be able to shed some light.

There is also an area of New York that's primarily made up of Pakistanis but has a poverty level average income, but again I can't remember the name.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:16 AM

6 posts, read 4,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
You can move to Canada....In a heartbeat ?

That is news to me, and I LIVE in Canada, and I was born here.

The TRUTH is that the time line to apply, be investigated, and then be approved IF YOU QUALIFY....
Is about two years. That comes straight from the Immigration website of the Government of Canada.

Care to try to refute my statement ?

link. Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Read it for yourself......

Jim B.
I rejected an offer to move there during the financial crisis, but several people I knew went there.

The USA is still far tougher than Canada, regardless of your opinion on Canadian immigration.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:51 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,375,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westaroeal View Post
I am 100% sure one exists in Detroit, made up of South Asian Muslims. I spent an entire thread arguing with that fact a while back. Someone somewhere might be able to shed some light.

There is also an area of New York that's primarily made up of Pakistanis but has a poverty level average income, but again I can't remember the name.
I assume you're talking about Hamtramck, MI, which is probably close to majority Muslim, and heavily Bangladeshi. It's just a working class suburb.

In NYC there are some majority Muslim areas, but it isn't common. One part of Bay Ridge Brooklyn is heavily Egyptian/Lebanese/Palestinian/Jordanian. One part of Kensington Brooklyn is heavily Pakistani. There's also a majority Arab section just outside NYC in Paterson, NJ, and a Little Egypt in Astoria, Queens. All these areas are just regular working class zones.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Canada is easy??

You sure about this??
Compared to the U.S., yes, definitely. In fact many illegal U.S. immigrants come through Canada (they legally immigrate to Canada and then cross the border into U.S.). Canada is very well known for generous immigrant policies.

Compared to other countries, no, not necessarily.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:42 PM

324 posts, read 468,739 times
US has strict immigration laws? The US has ~42.1 million foreign born residents.

Immigrant Population Hits Record 42.1 Million in Second Quarter of 2015 | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 03-31-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_u_a_wizard View Post
US has strict immigration laws? The US has ~42.1 million foreign born residents.

Immigrant Population Hits Record 42.1 Million in Second Quarter of 2015 | Center for Immigration Studies
Yes, the U.S. has very strict immigration laws. Probably the strictest laws among first world nations.

A country can have loose immigration laws and few immigrants or strict immigration laws and many immigrants. The # of immigrants isn't necessarily related to the relative strictness of immigration law (obviously).

Old 03-31-2016, 05:27 AM

189 posts, read 362,304 times
Muslims: Should the rest of the world copy USA's strict immigration rules?

USA's strict immigration rules is a joke. Strict, LOL.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:12 AM

330 posts, read 229,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The USA doesn't really have too strict of rules. If we elect either two of the Republican candidates for president, then this will probably be the case. Immigration policies don't need to be harder or stricter - just smarter.
Are you serious!? America doesn't have strict immigration rules? Get outta here!

Old 03-31-2016, 06:13 AM

330 posts, read 229,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Which ones?

Europe is probably the most immigrant-friendly place on earth. I mean, in most of Europe, anyone can move to your country, for any reason, provided they're part of Schengen (which is to say most of Europe). That's alone like 30 countries.
Not to forget the million migrants that Angela Merkel just let in free nilly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe