Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2016, 08:17 AM

55 posts, read 40,114 times

Advertisements

kathryn aragon has made very valid points. europe isn't what it used to be, and most of it can be attributed to immigration. no need to be butthurt. i'm swedish btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I think this post sums things up perfectly, to suggest that Luxembourg is going to resemble Lebanon within a couple of generations is plain silly, I can only guess that scaremongering is coming at you from somewhere, Fox news? Donald Trump perhaps?
Another one with his head in the sand, like an ostrich!

You do realize that if not for immigration, countries like Germany would quite literally non-breed themselves out of existence within the next couple hundred years?

If Germans and Europeans don't even like themselves or their cultures enough to want to perpetuate it into the future and protect the culture from fundamental change, what value does it have as a destination? Why should i want to visit it?

See that? That isn't "scare mongering" --- it's demographics. Demographics are destiny. And you're losing.

20 million less people in 40 years. .... BUT, with immigration, still population growth, but a Muslim population in excess of... what?.... 20% by the end of the century. And then... 100 years after that? When Europe has the worst record of integration of immigrants from the Middle East? (which I actually don't blame Europe wholly for the failure, but the kinds of immigrants they're taking on).

Old 04-06-2016, 08:25 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolsyratvatten View Post
kathryn aragon has made very valid points. europe isn't what it used to be, and most of it can be attributed to immigration. no need to be butthurt. i'm swedish btw.
so what did Europe used to be and how has immigration changed it?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Kathryn it is scaremongering, there is a problem with migrants yes but the effect it is having on everyday Europe is minimal, millions of Europeans are going about their daily business they way they have for decades. There are people on here claiming that Europe will be 'Islamic' in a generation or two! Despite the despicable animals that are 'ISIS' a VAST majority of Muslims in Europe are not hell bent on changing Europe into an Islamic state, not all Muslims are murderous terrorists! The percentage that are is tiny. Don't think for one moment that ISIS is only targeting Europe when it comes to terrorism, the USA is not immune, yes ISIS want to target Paris or Berlin but they want to target New York or Washington too, if European culture is changing its only because (like every other country on earth including the US) it is becoming more globalised, due to modern technology the world is a smaller place.
I understand that millions of Europeans are blithely going about their business the way they have for decades. I understand the concept of "out of sight, out of mind."

The articles I linked to (have you read them?) were not inflammatory fear mongering. I recognize that sort of writing and emotional manipulation when I see it.

I never said that the US is immune, or that the majority of Muslims entering Europe are hell bent on changing Europe into an Islamic state, or any of the other comments you're up on a soapbox about. Do you understand that I never said those things, because I don't believe those things? So yes, thanks for playing but your comments don't apply to mine.

Look, I live in Texas, as I've stated. I love the Tex Mex culture. And it's a good thing I do, because guess what - Texas culture has changed drastically over the past twenty years as our Hispanic population has increased drastically. As a white, non Hispanic person, I am now the minority in my state. Let me tell you something - it makes a difference in daily life. Most of the differences I don't mind and I see as positives, but not all of them.

And I live in northeast Texas, not near the border. The San Antonio of today is markedly different from the San Antonio of a few years ago. MARKEDLY different. For instance, I went to a city planning meeting in San Antonio recently. Guess what - the entire meeting was in Spanish. This was a government sponsored and planned meeting - not a meeting organized by private citizens. Since I don't speak Spanish, of course I didn't know what was going on. And that's OK - it's not my city.

The further south you drive, the fewer English speaking radio stations there are - till you get close to the border and honestly, you can barely find an English speaking station. There are many more signs in Spanish than in English. It's honestly like visiting Mexico - except it's the US. In fact, even here in northeast Texas, there are just as many Spanish stations as there are stations broadcasting in English. I am not one of those people who gets mad when faced with the option of "Spanish or English" because I understand that this is one of the aspects of living in a state bordering Mexico - it just is what it is. But I'm also not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend that this massive influx of folks from Mexico and Central America is not having big, visible, and real effects on my state.

If I lived in a town or city that didn't have such a growing number of immigrants from Mexico, I wouldn't be nearly as aware of those effects - not now. But Texas is a huge state, with a huge economy (the Texas GDP is nearly as big as Russia's, or Canada's, and is actually bigger than all of Australia's) - and with a huge number of electoral votes. What happens in Texas impacts the entire US, and also to some extent the world in general. So - when society makes huge shifts in Texas - due to immigration - there is a ripple effect. Good or bad - the effect is there.

So - don't bury your head in the sand when it comes to the effects of massive immigration - both short term and long term.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Kathryn it is scaremongering, there is a problem with migrants yes but the effect it is having on everyday Europe is minimal, millions of Europeans are going about their daily business the way they have for decades. There are people on here claiming that Europe will be 'Islamic' in a generation or two! Despite the despicable animals that are 'ISIS' a VAST majority of Muslims in Europe are not hell bent on changing Europe into an Islamic state, not all Muslims are murderous terrorists! The percentage that are is tiny. Don't think for one moment that ISIS is only targeting Europe when it comes to terrorism, the USA is not immune, yes ISIS want to target Paris or Berlin but they want to target New York or Washington too, if European culture is changing its only because (like every other country on earth including the US) it is becoming more globalised, due to modern technology the world is a smaller place.

What percentage of Germans were Nazis prior to their rise and seize of power?

What percentage of Muslims in the Middle East and elsewhere are extremists? Why is it that the infinitely small # of extremists manage to wield such enormous power and gain control of society?

Again: Research what happened in Lebanon. You're a hopeless Polyanna if you think similar demographic changes aren't going to cause problems. The only ones with strong wills in Europe are the vapid leftist multiculturalists who see nothing good in their own people or cultures, and everything good in anything that is different or foreign (except Americans, eww yuck, amirite?)

.... even if those foreign ideas and cultures bring with them the most abhorrent conservative ways of living and beliefs imaginable. Tolerance of intolerance!

Old 04-06-2016, 08:27 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolsyratvatten View Post
The world isn't what it used to be but its not just because of immigrants! Exactly what changes have occurred due to immigration in the town you live in?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:30 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Another one with his head in the sand, like an ostrich!

You do realize that if not for immigration, countries like Germany would quite literally non-breed themselves out of existence within the next couple hundred years?

If Germans and Europeans don't even like themselves or their cultures enough to want to perpetuate it into the future and protect the culture from fundamental change, what value does it have as a destination? Why should i want to visit it?

See that? That isn't "scare mongering" --- it's demographics. Demographics are destiny. And you're losing.

20 million less people in 40 years. .... BUT, with immigration, still population growth, but a Muslim population in excess of... what?.... 20% by the end of the century. And then... 100 years after that? When Europe has the worst record of integration of immigrants from the Middle East? (which I actually don't blame Europe wholly for the failure, but the kinds of immigrants they're taking on).
200 years! You can't be serious, the whole world is going to be a very different place in 200 years time, just look at how it was 200 years ago. I defy anybody to accurately predict what the world will be like in 200 years time but I am pretty sure it isn't going to be like your scenario.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,285 times
Quote:
The world isn't what it used to be but its not just because of immigrants! Exactly what changes have occurred due to immigration in the town you live in?
If it were not for the internet and tv you would never really notice anything had changed at least in the places I have lived in my 16 years of being in Germany.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,668 times
Quote:
200 years! You can't be serious, the whole world is going to be a very different place in 200 years time, just look at how it was 200 years ago. I defy anybody to accurately predict what the world will be like in 200 years time but I am pretty sure it isn't going to be like your scenario.

40 years ago I thought that in 2000 we'd have flying cars and tourist trips to Mars

100 years ago Britain still had some sort of an Empire

what happens in a few more years when Google and The Singularity happens?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:

You're right. We can't predict. But we can use history as a guide and we can make choices that do not DELIBERATELY hasten Europe's demise and culture change from one that is open and free and successful to a culture that hasn't actually produced anything of value for the world except oil for hundreds of years now.

ALREADY you make accommodation and change social mores to reflect the desires of your guests who don't assimilate after GENERATIONS of life. Why do these (certain) immigrants import brides and grooms from their native lands? Why is there no outrage at women being FORBIDDEN from marrying boys from the local cultures, but the men can marry as many local girls as they want? (So long as they become a white hijabi, of course!)

Honestly, the amount of apologetics and fiddling while Rome burns is absolutely mind-boggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe