Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 06:22 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Because that's were these whackjobs have the largest presence outside of the middle east.......duh

Add to this that these are the two European cities that ISIS has repeatedly threatened to attack more than any other.

Add to this that there have been multiple terrorist plots aimed at these cities that have been uncovered in the last few weeks.

Add to this that these cities are in ultra PC countries that absolutely lack the balls to reduce these types of attacks.

Add to this that these cities are also the crown jewels for ISIS. If they're going to pull some extra crazy **** like a Massive explosive, or a large biological/chemical weapon, it's going to most likely go down in London or Paris

I guess I don't believe that something "may" go down in one of these two cities in the near future. I am fairly certain that something will go down. The chances of a major attack in London or Paris in the next year is almost a guarantee. It would be silly to think otherwise. With that being said, if I were in Either of these places, I would be there as a tourist. That means that I would be in places like an airport or one of the famous historical sites that have been repeatedly threatened like the Louvre or St Paul's Cathedral.

People will say, "but but but you are more likely to die in a car accident on your way to work tomorrow," and my answer to that is that I have to go to work. I don't have to go to London or Paris.
What makes you think the next attack isn't going to be in the US? didn't somebody fly planes into buildings in New York? Didn't somebody let off a bomb during the Boston Marathon? Don't wacko's sometimes go around shooting indiscriminately at innocent people in the US (seems to me to often be schools), nevertheless I wouldn't let 9/11 stop me from ever visiting New York!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 08:41 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What makes you think the next attack isn't going to be in the US? didn't somebody fly planes into buildings in New York? Didn't somebody let off a bomb during the Boston Marathon? Don't wacko's sometimes go around shooting indiscriminately at innocent people in the US (seems to me to often be schools), nevertheless I wouldn't let 9/11 stop me from ever visiting New York!
Yes, the next attack could very likely be in the U.S., but you're reaching
I live in the U.S., so if it happens in my own back yard, there's nothing I can really do about it. These types of terror threats would never effect my daily life, but like I said, I don't have to go to London or Paris, just like I don't have to go to some crime infested hell-hole like the south side of Chicago or Detroit.

Also I live in a low crime rural area with a small population. I have a better chance at getting hit with a meteor than dealing with radical Islamist. The closest I'm ever going to get to a terror attack outside of some crazy lone wolf shooter that nothing can be done about is on the daily news.

Old 04-13-2016, 08:42 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Yes, the next attack could very likely be in the U.S., but you're reaching
I live in the U.S., so if it happens in my own back yard, there's nothing I can really do about it. These types of terror threats would never effect my daily life, but like I said, I don't have to go to London or Paris, just like I don't have to go to some crime infested hell-hole like the south side of Chicago or Detroit.

Also I live in a low crime rural area with a small population. I have a better chance at getting hit with a meteor than dealing with radical Islamist. The closest I'm ever going to get to a terror attack outside of some crazy lone wolf shooter that nothing can be done about is on the daily news.
And you're not?

Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
And you're not?
I don't think you understood what I meant by that. I should have worded it better.

And even if I did mean it it the way that you probably assumed that I did, my answer would be no. There is nothing far fetched about what I have said. If you want, I will bump this when Paris or London gets attacked in the next year.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:25 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,472,593 times
The invasion going on over there almost made me not go but then I figured we better go see some more of Europe before she is no longer what she once was.

The terror attacks are also in the back of my mind but they won't rule me.

So...off we go in 2 weeks.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
This summer was originally planned to be a Budapest/Vienna/Munich trip but after the events of the past year it's now an Oslo/Bergen/Copenhagen trip. Not that I necessarily think I'm any less at risk of terrorism but I just don't want to be caught in the midst of the refugee situation there and Norway and Denmark are quite a bit farther removed from the epicenter.

I did live in Spain in 2007 for a semester. My parents didn't really want me to go because of what happened in 2004, but not once did I feel unsafe in Madrid or elsewhere... The same could be said of NYC post 9/11.

Last edited by Bluefox; 04-13-2016 at 11:47 AM..

Old 04-13-2016, 12:13 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,713,074 times
It's great to see all the Americans shun going to Europe due to the recent terrorist attacks. It means the sites around the continent will be less crowded with tourists when I go which I'm planning on going some time next year

Old 04-13-2016, 12:17 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
It's great to see all the Americans shun going to Europe due to the recent terrorist attacks. It means the sites around the continent will be less crowded with tourists when I go which I'm planning on going some time next year
LOL! At those sites, it will be just you and all the Chinese tourists!!!

Old 04-13-2016, 01:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
LOL! At those sites, it will be just you and all the Chinese tourists!!!

Yep, Chinese and Japanese.

HAVE FUN. Meanwhile, I'm off to tour the lighthouses of the US Northeast coastline. I can hardly wait! I can't believe I've lived in the US for most of my life and yet never driven up the northeast coastline.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:57 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
The majority of Americans on this thread have stated emphatically that the threat of terrorism won't keep them from visiting Europe.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe