Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2016, 06:23 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,596,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
German women aren't that attractive. Go to Sweden

My elder son would give you an argument there, he met a German girl while in the military out there, married her, and never came back.
Can't fault the Swedish girls though, they smile a lot, and all seem attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 10:53 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
WTF is this crap? That is not a "nordic style", that's some hillbilly Whiskey Tango sh*t, and definitely not the norm up here.
You don't think the average 30-year-old woman in Stockholm or Copenhagen or even Hamburg dresses a bit different than the average 30-year-old woman in Marseille or Rome or Barcelona?

To me, I see a difference. The Copenhagen look would be less form-fitting clothes, less makeup, more sensible "natural look". No hint of "sexy" anything. The Barcelona look would be clothes that flatter the body more (especially butt and chest), more makeup, more colorful attire, more feminine shoes, etc.

Basically the woman in Copenhagen looks ready to do a hike in the forest, and the woman in Barcelona looks ready to go out for the evening.

In North America you have the same thing. Women in San Francisco or Seattle, speaking generally, dress in that Nordic style, while women in Miami or New York have a very different style, a little sexier (or at least attempting to be sexier). I think that would be regarded as "tacky" in Stockholm, and people may think you're an Eastern European prostitute or something.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:11 PM

617 posts, read 539,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

In North America you have the same thing. Women in San Francisco or Seattle, speaking generally, dress in that Nordic style, while women in Miami or New York have a very different style, a little sexier (or at least attempting to be sexier). .
In the US women dress and behave like prostitutes no matter which city, lustfully and tasteless. Because from young age they are being treated like ones - via thing they call cheer-leading, truly disgusting.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:03 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
Well, I'd certainly never say that about Russian women. They're fine looking and, at least among my Ruskie relatives I can say they've never been cheerleaders. They did leave their babushkas in the old country though.

I found German women to be great looking and a lot of fun.

Last edited by TKO; 04-09-2016 at 08:36 PM..

Old 04-10-2016, 03:04 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
You don't think the average 30-year-old woman in Stockholm or Copenhagen or even Hamburg dresses a bit different than the average 30-year-old woman in Marseille or Rome or Barcelona?

To me, I see a difference. The Copenhagen look would be less form-fitting clothes, less makeup, more sensible "natural look". No hint of "sexy" anything. The Barcelona look would be clothes that flatter the body more (especially butt and chest), more makeup, more colorful attire, more feminine shoes, etc.

Basically the woman in Copenhagen looks ready to do a hike in the forest, and the woman in Barcelona looks ready to go out for the evening.

In North America you have the same thing. Women in San Francisco or Seattle, speaking generally, dress in that Nordic style, while women in Miami or New York have a very different style, a little sexier (or at least attempting to be sexier). I think that would be regarded as "tacky" in Stockholm, and people may think you're an Eastern European prostitute or something.
Might well dress up differently. Partly it might be of climatological factors. If it's 5C and raining you certainly dress up differently than when it's 25C and sunny.

It's a very false stereotype that Nordic women don't dress in feminine clothes, have some kind of androgyne look, and don't wear makeup. Most women use feminine well-fitted coloured clothes, and I see high heels every day. But there's a big difference in looking feminine and stylish or looking slutty.

If you claim that women in Copenhagen looks ready to do a hike, I'm quite certain that you haven't ever visited the city.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Sure there's lots of traffic and roads that lead you in circles. The difference between Houston though and city like, say, los Angeles is that in LA when your stuck in traffic you know where you want to go. In Houston your just stuck in traffic just to go find more traffic only to realize you have nowhere to go.
This has nothing to do with Houston and everything to do with you. When I am in Houston, I always have someplace interesting to go and something interesting to do.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
If you claim that women in Copenhagen looks ready to do a hike, I'm quite certain that you haven't ever visited the city.
I have visited Copenhagen three times, and Denmark countless times (as we used to summer on the Danish coast/islands) and yes, I would say many Danish women prefer the natural/outdoorsy look and appear ready to go hiking. Northern German women dress the same.

You simply aren't being honest if you say there is no such Nordic look.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:07 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
And we favor Germans very highly.

Canada, Great Britain Are Americans' Most Favored Nations

Can anyone post a picture about this "Nordic" look??

Old 04-10-2016, 11:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times
Quote:

Then we have been to completely different Copenhagen's. In my experience 30-years old women in Copenhagen dress exactly what I would expect from women that walk and shop around. The main difference to a major city in Germany: A significant higher percentage of the women in Copenhagen is more fashionable dressed, whereas in Germany you will find a higher percentage of more casual or chavvy dressed women.

I would never describe the women in Copenhagen to be dressed like someone who wants to hike in a forest. In Germany you would find many 40-60 years old women, that would fit into this description.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Then we have been to completely different Copenhagen's. In my experience 30-years old women in Copenhagen dress exactly what I would expect from women that walk and shop around. The main difference to a major city in Germany: A significant higher percentage of the women in Copenhagen is more fashionable dressed, whereas in Germany you will find a higher percentage of more casual or chavvy dressed women.
You believe there is a significant difference in woman's attire between Hamburg and Copenhagen? But not between Copenhagen and Barcelona?

Hamburg and Copenhagen, while obviously different countries, are very similar in terms of geography, climate, history, and even culture. If you're in the Frisian islands you can't even tell which country you're in (could be Germany, Denmark or Netherlands). Not sure why you think that there are radical differences in attire between these general areas.

Most people in this part of Europe are tall, fair-haired, serious, historically Protestant, and, yes, practical dressers, for the most part. They are not known for dressing like they're going to a club in Ibiza. Of course these are generalities and there are many exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe