Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 03:24 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Harold View Post
A lot of the opinions expressed in the thread seem quite strange strange. Germans don't like sweets? There are entire walls of sweets at Aldi and Lidl. I buy 1kg bags of Haribo bears there. Speedos? Maybe you are thinking of Poland. Germans just go nude.

Of course we like sweets. Sweets have to taste sweet. But some foodstuff that normally don't taste sweet in Germany is sweetened in the U.S. Sweet tasting bread or mayonnaise? I thought that food at McDonalds (US) and McDonalds (Germany) would taste exactly the same. But actually it taste quite different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 03:25 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
Bigger? yes.
Otherwise no.
And no, Trump would worsen relations with Germany and the rest of Europe. He is a disgrace for America.
We already don't have any good relations with Germany.

It's mostly about trade.

And frankly i can't imagine how it can get any worse than that??

Old 04-28-2016, 03:41 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
What is good from the view of US ? NON

Old 04-28-2016, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Crazy isn't it... for some reason I have yet to find a German adult that likes cake icing American style... thick and sweet.

I guess there must be donut shops in Germany... maybe around US Bases?

Along the Chiemsee I have yet to see nude Germans older than toddlers... where are the FKK family swim strands open to all?

Same for the Salzkammergut...

Are you thinking of Germans on holiday like Ibiza?

Yeaah, I really don't like sweet frosting.

There are some Dunkin' Donuts stores in a few major cities. But most bakeries in Germany sells donuts. At least here in Düsseldorf.

I would say that nude people on lakes or rivers are extremely uncommon in Germany. I have seen just one naked person on a lake, and that was about 35 years ago.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Trump's ancestors came from Germany. He understands the country and they do him

Sorry, but that's absurd. Trump doesn't seem do know anything about Germany and Germans. And we absolutely don't understand him. He seems to be intellectual retarded. He is a laughingstock for the Republicans and the U.S.
There would be one good thing if Trump would become the next U.S. president. TTIP would be dead.

According to a poll in Germany, just 10% of Germans have a positive view of Trump, but 83% have a negative view.
78% would vote for the Democrats vs. 16% for the Republicans.

https://yougov.de/news/2016/03/08/de...p-und-clinton/

Old 04-28-2016, 04:28 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Why do you then want to move to Germany? It will rather get worse than better, maybe Austria is the better Germany. Don't get me wrong, Germany would have less trouble if all immigrants had your mindset but I think Germany will face a lot of problems in the near future, that several eastern Europe countries will not face, I would favor Austria over Germany, its culture and history is as rich as the German and they speak the same language, it's virtually the same country, only cleaner and better.
Because I still find far more positives than negatives about that country. And because my fiance lives there. By the way, he seems to think the same way about Austria as you do - that it is a better version of Germany. Maybe someday we will move to Austria together.

And you are as I understand, a rare bird - a German right-winger Nice to meet you, seriously.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:17 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
Bigger? yes.
Otherwise no.
And no, Trump would worsen relations with Germany and the rest of Europe. He is a disgrace for America.

Trump will not be President. While obviously there is a segment of the US population that supports him, most do not. These people have succeeded in taking over the republican party, but most conservatives here in the US do not support him. Most Americans do see his foolish comments and can see his seemingly lack of knowledge on the issues. Many Americans including myself are embarrassed by him. It is sad that he has come this close to the white house. Many conservatives will not vote in the upcoming general election because of the lack of a good choice, and yes this means our next president will be Hillary Clinton. I don't like anything about Hillary Clinton, but that does not mean I can vote for the likes of Trump either. In the end though Trump is more dangerous, he seems to act like a tyrant wanabe. I don't want to have to tell my grandkids I had something to do with the things he might do just because I did not like Hillary Clinton.

Now as far as the anti American views in Germany, while Trump may not be helping that issue I believe the spying issue still is the primary reason for it. We did wrong and Germans are angry with us because we got caught. We should not be spying on our allies. Most Americans were disgusted with the behavior of our government on this issue, it made us look untrustworthy and many people were ashamed of what happened. I hope the German people realize that. We know our government goes off the rails sometimes. I visited Germany once in the 1980s. The people there were very friendly and its such an interesting country. I hope this anger Germans have with us is temporary. On this side of the Atlantic Germans are liked and well respected. Of course we sometimes see things different than y'all do, but overall we have a positive view of Germans and Europeans in general.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:23 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Sorry, but that's absurd. Trump doesn't seem do know anything about Germany and Germans. And we absolutely don't understand him. He seems to be intellectual retarded. He is a laughingstock for the Republicans and the U.S.
There would be one good thing if Trump would become the next U.S. president. TTIP would be dead.

According to a poll in Germany, just 10% of Germans have a positive view of Trump, but 83% have a negative view.
78% would vote for the Democrats vs. 16% for the Republicans.

https://yougov.de/news/2016/03/08/de...p-und-clinton/
Sorry to break it to you, but Germany with Merkel in front is the laughingstock of the developed world.

And about the polls, they are either made up or the people questioned were total morons, because only a moron can have a positive image from the psychopath Clinton. Goes to show that the hysterical leftist factless anti-Trump propaganda has achieved something.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:25 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Because I still find far more positives than negatives about that country. And because my fiance lives there. By the way, he seems to think the same way about Austria as you do - that it is a better version of Germany. Maybe someday we will move to Austria together.

And you are as I understand, a rare bird - a German right-winger Nice to meet you, seriously.
While right-winger is certainly nicer as right-wing extremist as I have been called by Lukas, I prefer being labeled conservative, they are not that few, depending on where you live. Where will you go to live in Germany? I would favor the South over the North and Western parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
So far I have always voted the FDP. And I always prefered a CDU/CSU-FDP coaltion. I'm absolutely not a leftist.
Your problem is that you are so extreme right-wing that everything left from NPD or AFD is extreme left-wing for you.
Watching your YT videos, I would be scared if I had to live in a town where people like you are common. I definitely prefer the presence of refugees and immigrants over the presence of right-wing extremist.
But you sound like one, I don't know what you mean by "my" YT videos, I have no YT account and not created any content and surely I have not linked any extremist content, neither am I a right-wing extremist.

Last edited by svenM; 04-28-2016 at 05:37 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 05:44 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,347,329 times
Not a right-wing extremist?

Gründung einer Anti-Homo-Union

Sounds pretty much like you. And if you don't consider that extremist... Well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe