Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 05:48 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Crazy isn't it... for some reason I have yet to find a German adult that likes cake icing American style... thick and sweet.
Wait, what? Germans LOVE sweets. Germans probably eat more sweets than Americans.

There are bakeries/konditorei/eiscafes on every corner in Germany, far, far more than in the U.S. Kaffee und Kuchen is an institution in Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 05:49 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
While right-winger is certainly nicer as right-wing extremist as I have been called by Lukas, I prefer being labeled conservative, they are not that few, depending on where you live. Where will you go to live in Germany? I would favor the South over the North and Western parts.
Hamburg for now. But I have also been to Bavaria and absolutely loved it. If an opportunity arises to move to Munich or Garmisch-Partenkirchen, or somewhere else in that region, and my fiance agrees, we might do that. Not to say that Hamburg is any bad though. I like it a lot, and there are probably more job opportunities for me in Hamburg than anywhere else.

Forgot to mention - in a week I am taking a high-level exam in German at the Goethe-Institut. All you Germans can wish me good luck - if you want to that is :-)

Last edited by Norne; 04-28-2016 at 06:02 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 06:23 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Not a right-wing extremist?

Gründung einer Anti-Homo-Union

Sounds pretty much like you. And if you don't consider that extremist... Well...
This is not me, believe it or not. I would never use the same nick in two forums (actually to avoid situations like that lol).

Given the fact, that I have written almost of all posts in the Christianity forum here, it is strange though, maybe when I was drunk ... - this confuses me, but no - I would not use this flag, no this wasn't me, I would not side up with Muslims either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
Hamburg for now. But I have also been to Bavaria and absolutely loved it. If an opportunity arises to move to Munich or Garmisch-Partenkirchen, or somewhere else in that region, and my fiance agrees, we might do that. Not to say that Hamburg is any bad though. I like it a lot, and there are probably more job opportunities for me in Hamburg than anywhere else.

Forgot to mention - in a week I am taking a high-level exam in German at the Goethe-Institut. All you Germans can wish me good luck - if you want to that is :-)
Viel Glück

Last edited by svenM; 04-28-2016 at 06:32 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 08:05 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
I like sweets very much but honestly the US style super cloying cake icing (frosting in Canada) is disgusting.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I like sweets very much but honestly the US style super cloying cake icing (frosting in Canada) is disgusting.
It's lovely!!

Old 04-28-2016, 11:15 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
This is not me, believe it or not. I would never use the same nick in two forums (actually to avoid situations like that lol).

Given the fact, that I have written almost of all posts in the Christianity forum here, it is strange though, maybe when I was drunk ... - this confuses me, but no - I would not use this flag, no this wasn't me, I would not side up with Muslims either.

That seems obviously.

It's even more obviously that you make YT videos. You live in Franconia, you mentioned your heavy German accent. You are posting here exactly about the same topics that you cover in your videos (refugees, immigratoin, crime, and especially about the incidents in Cologne on New Years Eve). In your opinion Germany was close to become a failed state because of those incidents. That's ridiculous. At the same time you absolutely don't have any problems with arson attacks against refugee shelters or terrorist attacks of extreme right-wingers. Your are constantly worried about the crime situation in Germany. But the highest crime rates can be found among extreme right-wingers.
According to your VT videos you have connections to Japan. Accidentaly, there was an other user on CD with a Japanese name, that supported you in some discussions.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:32 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Wait, what? Germans LOVE sweets. Germans probably eat more sweets than Americans.

There are bakeries/konditorei/eiscafes on every corner in Germany, far, far more than in the U.S. Kaffee und Kuchen is an institution in Germany.
Yes... but my point is all I know revile at the thought of a Costco Sheet cake where the icing is almost in equal proportions to the cake.

Several in my family went through their apprenticeships in Konditories... they are the most vocal about how much icing is typical in America... especially at kids birthday parties...

That was my only point...

Old 04-28-2016, 11:35 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Yes... but my point is all I know revile at the thought of a Costco Sheet cake where the icing is almost in equal proportions to the cake.

Several in my family went through their apprenticeships in Konditories... they are the most vocal about how much icing is typical in America... especially at kids birthday parties...

That was my only point...
I don't know anybody either who likes pink or green stuff on cakes. Just so unnatural.

Germans love their bakeries - but all items are fresh, don't last a week, no preservatives and even the sweet stuff is not that sweet. It is in no comparison to American baking goods.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:07 PM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
I had to laugh... one of my exchange students returned to Bavaria and brought back some white gym socks... his Father threw them out saying not in his house... not sure what that was all about.

As to sweat pants... one of my friends who is normally a jeans sport coat guy in Silicon Valley for work was on holiday in Germany wearing sweat pants... I asked him if he had anything else to wear.. and he said he was on vacation and then asked why... I told him people were asking me why he was walking around town in sleeping clothes...

You can always tell the Americans at the lakes swimming because they have the oversize board shorts while many German men have Speedos...

The sweets comment is very true... frosting isn't nearly as popular in German as it is here... then again... one of my exchange students returned with her family last year for a visit... her two boys fell in love with Donuts and wondered why something so good is only in America?

I tend to feel the most at home in Austria and Bavaria... don't get me wrong... I like places like Hamburg too... it's just Austria seems to take more time for Gemütlichkeit...
I don't understand why would any German (with exception of five years old may be) eat American sweets?
American sweets are of very poor quality, starting with this very "frosting." They reek of "quantity vs quality" approach and taste like intravenous shot of sugar, dubbed with some chemicals.
Of course five year olds wouldn't know better, but any adult would know the difference between quality German food ( sweets including) and American food)))

Last edited by erasure; 04-28-2016 at 12:32 PM..

Old 04-28-2016, 12:07 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
That seems obviously.

It's even more obviously that you make YT videos. You live in Franconia, you mentioned your heavy German accent. You are posting here exactly about the same topics that you cover in your videos (refugees, immigratoin, crime, and especially about the incidents in Cologne on New Years Eve). In your opinion Germany was close to become a failed state because of those incidents. That's ridiculous. At the same time you absolutely don't have any problems with arson attacks against refugee shelters or terrorist attacks of extreme right-wingers. Your are constantly worried about the crime situation in Germany. But the highest crime rates can be found among extreme right-wingers.
According to your VT videos you have connections to Japan. Accidentaly, there was an other user on CD with a Japanese name, that supported you in some discussions.
This is getting ludicrous.

There are millions of people in Germany and elsewhere in Europe and even in the US that share my mindset whether you like it or not but I have never pretended to speak for anybody else than myself, other than you. Your point of view is not more representative than mine.

The AfD got between 12% and 24% in the recent elections, in Austria most likely the FPÖ will have the president - you see this was not alone me.

You will find thousands of movies on YT that criticize the Muslim mass immigration that took place in 2015 in English, German, Russian and whatever languages, do you think all this videos was me? I can't even remember the videos I linked and once again, I have no YT account and neither do I live in Franconia, the mods can easily check this via my IP, I don't understand anyway what's your point here?

There were threads about Cologne in this forum with dozens if not hundreds of posts and it was not me who started them, Cologne is something the whole western world talked about and you gonna blame me for doing so as well, are you serious? I cannot rember to have posted in this section of the forum before the incidents of Cologne and I am registered in this forum for years having not posted a single post with political content, actually I was inactive for years, lurking around from time to time. But the world shall know that not all Germans are brainwashed Islam appeasers and follow Merkel's agenda.

The incididents of Cologne pretty much ****ed up your Multikulti agenda, but go blame yourself and the thugs whom the likes of you have brought to Germany, not me.

What does it matter where I live and if I have an accent? I hardly ever speak English, so how could I have not an accent? And how do you get the idea I have contacts to Japan, here are people of all nations, so there is a Japanese among them, what does that mean? I think I know whom you mean but I never had any personal contact with him or her, do you have a problem with Japanese people, or what's the deal? Ironic, that it are Germans whom I have strong dislike against here, isn't it?

You don't like me, I don't like you, but stop these conspiration theories about me, even if I made these videos which I did not, there is no way you could know that. So since you cannot know, simply shut up please.

PS: If you think that Forum entry was me, then tell me, is this all you?

http://www.karike.com/users/lukas1973

https://www.ricardo.ch/online-shop/l...eComments=True

http://www.xchat.cz/whoiswho/profile.php?nick=Lukas1973

Last edited by svenM; 04-28-2016 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe