Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:13 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,285 times

Advertisements

In general most don`t really dislike Americans on a personal level. I have never felt any animosity towards myself. Still many resents the US's constant meddling in world affairs, starting unnecessary wars, causing terrorism, moving the world towards a new cold war era and generally spreading evil even if spreading evil was not intended. I think a lot of the feelings are pretty justified.

Those on the far right and left dislike the presence of the US Military and see them as an occupying army.

Is there anywhere (outside maybe Israel?) where the US's politics are seen favorably?

Last edited by GER308; 04-03-2016 at 09:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 09:55 AM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Unbelievable!!

Their view is almost like Muslim countries

Which countries don

So disappointed to see this.

And i don't know maybe now it's even worse.
You don't understand the reasons behind it, because in the US you wouldn't have translations of this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTAnzDHHJXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjERRMGQluQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnpuQ8ONh-w

But we have plenty of it dubbed in Russian.

( This is a sample translated into English) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSOfQ7tgTLg

Old 04-03-2016, 10:10 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
In general most don`t really dislike Americans on a personal level. I have never felt any animosity towards myself. Still many resents the US's constant meddling in world affairs, starting unnecessary wars, causing terrorism, moving the world towards a new cold war era and generally spreading evil even if spreading evil was not intended. I think a lot of the feelings are pretty justified.
It's Vlad and his Slobo friends who moved the World towards a new Cold War era. Germans, stop licking Putler's behind and start building panzers.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:15 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,126,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
It's Vlad and his Slobo friends who moved the World towards a new Cold War era. Germans, stop licking Putler's behind and start building panzers.
You're right but America takes some blame as well. I don't understand the pro Russian sentiment of the far right but well they are not the brightest.

Checking the internet for Panzerbauanleitungen.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:27 AM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
They don't.
But they DO understand the whole "black and white" issue - the way the "official media" is painting it to them when it comes to the US and Russia, and their views are quite discerning.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:53 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times
Quote:
Unbelievable!!

Their view is almost like Muslim countries

Which countries don

So disappointed to see this.

And i don't know maybe now it's even worse.

It's mostly just because of the prevalent politics of the U.S. It's absolutely not surprising. If you would ask people in the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland and the Scandinavian countries you would get similar results. Both the foreign policy and the domestic policy in the U.S. is diametral opposed to the politics in those European countries. The death penalty in the U.S. is already enough for me to have an unfavorable view of the U.S. Or just look at the different parenting style.
It's surprising why Americans don't understand that many people in European countries have an unfavorable view of the U.S.
But that doesn't mean that people over here don't like Americans. We are able to distinguish between the U.S. and the American people.
I also have a very unfavorable view of Russia, but that doesn't mean that I don't like Russians.

It has nothing to do with that people are jealous of the U.S. Quite the opposite. People in third world countries have some reasons to be jealous of the U.S. But people in those countries have an extremely positive view of the U.S.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:54 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,116,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Cheap fastfood everywhere.
Not so cheap any more. At least not at the current exchange rate.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:58 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
I support death penalty.

We have too many psychos and nutjobs.

No point taking care of these people with taxpayer money.

BTW i didn't get any of these videos, what's happening??

Old 04-03-2016, 10:59 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
You're right but America takes some blame as well. I don't understand the pro Russian sentiment of the far right but well they are not the brightest.

Checking the internet for Panzerbauanleitungen.
Somebody has to stand up to the Russians, Poland is not enough.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:02 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,934,838 times
Quote:
Where in TX??

I'm guessing Austin??
Yes, but in other parts of Texas drivers didn't seem any worse to me either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe