Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 03:30 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
NOBODY forces the Spanish to open 'British Cafe's'
It's a majority of British opening those themselves, jfyi.
You flood a city and open your businesses which catter to yourselves because you can't stand the lack of Britishness in Spain.

Quote:
NOBODY forces the Spanish to serve alcohol to British teenagers until they are sick
We have to give you special treatment just because you can't educate your youth? And I can guarantee you'll be whining about prejudice if we stop serving British youth, but not everyone else. Then they'll run to some other country, and someone else will have to deal with your mess. In the ends it's your responsability to deal with them so they won't go from country to country like a pinball.

Quote:
NOBODY forces the Spanish to cater to what the British that holiday there want?
We catter to all tourists, it's called business. This is still not an invitation to get black out drunk and wreck havoc, is this such a hard concept to grasp? How terrible of us to expect Brits to behave like a human being; They're obviously not prepared for such a hard task.

Quote:
If you don't like the way that British holidaymakers are then STOP CATERING TO THEM, stop serving them alcohol, stop serving them bacon and egg, stop turning Benidorm into a Spanish Blackpool if you don't like it. I suspect though you won't because you like the British money, taking their money and then complaining about them behind their back is lamentable.
We don't because we hold hope that the British will become civilized sometime in the future. We expect contact with a superior breed of humans such as the Spanish will reform them, because we know if we turn our back to your youth they'll just flood Greece, and the Greeks are a lot less welcoming of strangers. Indeed, they've been caught trying to drown refugees, do you expect them not to try to murder your kids just the same? In the end we're trying to make the world a better place. We're altruistic like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 07:30 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
It's a majority of British opening those themselves, jfyi.
You flood a city and open your businesses which catter to yourselves because you can't stand the lack of Britishness in Spain.

We have to give you special treatment just because you can't educate your youth? And I can guarantee you'll be whining about prejudice if we stop serving British youth, but not everyone else. Then they'll run to some other country, and someone else will have to deal with your mess. In the ends it's your responsability to deal with them so they won't go from country to country like a pinball.

We catter to all tourists, it's called business. This is still not an invitation to get black out drunk and wreck havoc, is this such a hard concept to grasp? How terrible of us to expect Brits to behave like a human being; They're obviously not prepared for such a hard task.

We don't because we hold hope that the British will become civilized sometime in the future. We expect contact with a superior breed of humans such as the Spanish will reform them, because we know if we turn our back to your youth they'll just flood Greece, and the Greeks are a lot less welcoming of strangers. Indeed, they've been caught trying to drown refugees, do you expect them not to try to murder your kids just the same? In the end we're trying to make the world a better place. We're altruistic like that.
And there it is! EXACTLY my point! At the end of the day Europeans still have an attitude of superiority, you simply believe you are 'better' lol, if you don't like the British then do something about it!!! Except you won't because you haven't got the balls and you like the £ being spent there rather too much. If you don't want their money then don't worry, British teenagers will be just as happy to go to Portugal or Greece to spend their hard earned. Your attitude towards the British is disrespectful at best and down right xenophobic at worst, this is EXACTLY why we believe cutting political ties with Europe is the right thing to do.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
And there it is! EXACTLY my point! At the end of the day Europeans still have an attitude of superiority, you simply believe you are 'better' lol, if you don't like the British then do something about it!!! Except you won't because you haven't got the balls and you like the £ being spent there rather too much. If you don't want their money then don't worry, British teenagers will be just as happy to go to Portugal or Greece to spend their hard earned. Your attitude towards the British is disrespectful at best and down right xenophobic at worst, this is EXACTLY why we believe cutting political ties with Europe is the right thing to do.
You have no point at all, and everyone but you can see that I'm taking the **** in that specific part.
Whenever someone talks about Spaniards is just for lolz about siesta lazy loud paella, so me suggesting that Spaniards are better in any way than someone from Mighty Industrious Northern Europe is the best joke you can pull off. Because nobody thinks that way.

Like I said, nobody should have to deal with drunk kids. Not Spain, not Portugal, not Greece. The problem isn't them misbehaving in my country, the problem is them misbehaving, period.
Do you expect the whole world to fend them off? Are we supposed to treat their alcohol problems for you?

The attitude the British hold towards my country IS disrespectful and xenophobic at times. So I guess you could say you reap what you sow.

Oh but will you cut ties for real? Because your newspapers were really worried about the destiny of expats living here and vacationing in Spain after the Brexit.
Wondering about the reaction of the Spanish government and see if we could make it easy for your pasty british white asses to tan under the Spanish sun and score with the mysterious Spanish gals.

Why do British, French and German men love Spanish women? - Telegraph

Oh woe is us, I suspect even if we didn't sell your youth alcohol, the charm of our dark, brooding, knowing eyes would still bring them in en mass. And they would still cause mayhem just to impress a Spanish girl.
*Smash everything* "Me strong British man, me wants Spanish woman!"
"¡Oh, qué irresistible! ¡Tómame ya, aquí mismo!"

Last edited by Arigarisha; 07-10-2016 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: I should add, that article is dumb as hell. But funny.

Old 07-10-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
You have no point at all, and everyone but you can see that I'm taking the **** in that specific part.
Whenever someone talks about Spaniards is just for lolz about siesta lazy loud paella, so me suggesting that Spaniards are better in any way than someone from Mighty Industrious Northern Europe is the best joke you can pull off. Because nobody thinks that way.

Like I said, nobody should have to deal with drunk kids. Not Spain, not Portugal, not Greece. The problem isn't them misbehaving in my country, the problem is them misbehaving, period.
Do you expect the whole world to fend them off? Are we supposed to treat their alcohol problems for you?

The attitude the British hold towards my country IS disrespectful and xenophobic at times. So I guess you could say you reap what you sow.

Oh but will you cut ties for real? Because your newspapers were really worried about the destiny of expats living here and vacationing in Spain after the Brexit.
Wondering about the reaction of the Spanish government and see if we could make it easy for your pasty british white asses to tan under the Spanish sun and score with the mysterious Spanish gals.

Why do British, French and German men love Spanish women? - Telegraph

Oh woe is us, I suspect even if we didn't sell your youth alcohol, the charm of our dark, brooding, knowing eyes would still bring them in en mass. And they would still cause mayhem just to impress a Spanish girl.
*Smash everything* "Me strong British man, me wants Spanish woman!"
"¡Oh, qué irresistible! ¡Tómame ya, aquí mismo!"
More stereotyping going on there I see! You just can't help yourself feeling superior can you!? I've told you before its not big and its not clever insulting people from the safety or your keyboard is it? Perhaps you would like to come and insult us to our faces? Except of course you would be too terrified to. If you don't like the way the British behave then like I said DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! Except you won't because the truth is you WANT the British there spending their pounds, the British themselves would be just as happy spending there money in Greece or Italy. There is nothing worse than somebody playing 'gracious host' just for the money and then complaining about their guests behind their back, its cowardly, if you have a problem with our 'pasty arses' then perhaps you should do something about it if you dare, don't just start whinging on an anonymous web site.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
More stereotyping going on there I see! You just can't help yourself feeling superior can you!? I've told you before its not big and its not clever insulting people from the safety or your keyboard is it? Perhaps you would like to come and insult us to our faces? Except of course you would be too terrified to.
Do you wanna pay me a flight to wherever you are? I'm not particularly interested in going because British food is so bad I might end up dead, so you'd have to pay me the ticket if you wanna punch me.

(What I can't help myself is from making you pissy because you're so hilarious.)

Quote:
if you have a problem with our 'pasty arses' then perhaps you should do something about it if you dare, don't just start whinging on an anonymous web site.
Yes I'll go full on activist and put laxatives on Brits drinks. That'll teach 'em.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 07-10-2016 at 09:13 AM..

Old 07-10-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Do you wanna pay me a flight to wherever you are?

(What I can't help myself is from making you pissy because you're so hilarious.)
Listen, when I was in my teens I went to Benidorm, I went there for the following reasons:- To get drunk, to shag women (British not Spanish), to sleep off my hangover on a sunbed the following day, ie to enjoy myself, I worked hard for 50 weeks of the year I wanted to make the most of my holiday time, I went to Spain because it was 1. Close, 2. Cheap and 3. IT GAVE ME EVERYTHING I WANTED. I didn't care if it was Spain, Portugal or Scotland, if the Spanish didn't want me there I would have gone to Greece or Italy or Belgium instead, the fact is they were PERFECTLY HAPPY to take my money, I never broke the law, I never did any damage, I never assaulted or insulted a Spaniard. Now if they had a problem with what I was doing they certainly didn't say it, they were either too scared or too fond of my money. I didn't go for Spanish culture, I didn't go to see Spanish sites, I went because I was young and horny and wanted a good time. Me or any of my fellow 'Britons' do NOT have to justify themselves to you and your 'superiority complex', if somebody had told me they didn't appreciate what I was doing is Spain I would have told them to stick Spain where the sun doesn't shine and gone elsewhere (they are equally as welcoming to my money in Greece). I am now older and like my holidays to be a little different, what is still the same is I don't expect to be told by some 'jumped up' local like yourself how I have to spend my money, if you think its only Spain that has 'drunk' foreigners at their coastal resorts I would think again and perhaps visit Brighton or Blackpool during peak season. If I am ever in Spain again then please feel free to come and 'visit' me then perhaps rather than skulking around on here you can really put your point across. Oh and one other thing, I also have Spanish members of my 'pasty arsed' family.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:22 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Even as an Italian I can echo your statements on this but what we are able to produce a decent quality of and then export to Britain is cheaper than what any country bar Spain can do.
Nothing wrong with a nice bottle of Italian wine........

Old 07-10-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Listen, when I was in my teens I went to Benidorm, I went there for the following reasons:- To get drunk, to shag women (British not Spanish), to sleep off my hangover on a sunbed the following day, ie to enjoy myself, I worked hard for 50 weeks of the year I wanted to make the most of my holiday time, I went to Spain because it was 1. Close, 2. Cheap and 3. IT GAVE ME EVERYTHING I WANTED. I didn't care if it was Spain, Portugal or Scotland, if the Spanish didn't want me there I would have gone to Greece or Italy or Belgium instead, the fact is they were PERFECTLY HAPPY to take my money, I never broke the law, I never did any damage, I never assaulted or insulted a Spaniard. Now if they had a problem with what I was doing they certainly didn't say it, they were either too scared or too fond of my money. I didn't go for Spanish culture, I didn't go to see Spanish sites, I went because I was young and horny and wanted a good time. Me or any of my fellow 'Britons' do NOT have to justify themselves to you and your 'superiority complex', if somebody had told me they didn't appreciate what I was doing is Spain I would have told them to stick Spain where the sun doesn't shine and gone elsewhere (they are equally as welcoming to my money in Greece). I am now older and like my holidays to be a little different, what is still the same is I don't expect to be told by some 'jumped up' local like yourself how I have to spend my money, if you think its only Spain that has 'drunk' foreigners at their coastal resorts I would think again and perhaps visit Brighton or Blackpool during peak season. If I am ever in Spain again then please feel free to come and 'visit' me then perhaps rather than skulking around on here you can really put your point across. Oh and one other thing, I also have Spanish members of my 'pasty arsed' family.
You might be tempted to think I care about your life story, but I really don't.
But, well, thanks for giving us background about why it's so hard for you to take responsability over your country's failures.
You're one of those who makes your own people ashamed to call themselves British when stepping foot outside their borders. Congrats!

Regardless, we're not just discussing drunkess, we're discussing people who jump from balconies, who **** and puke all over the place and pick fights.
You wouldn't have to justify yourselves if you could only stop doing the above. But since you're actually inconveniencing us, you do need to do so.
And your government itself is sending British policemen to help out because they know they have a responsability.
http://www.euroweeklynews.com/3.0.15...ed-in-mallorca

Yes don't worry, if you come over to the best country there is sometime in the future feel free to give me a location so we can put this argument to rest once and for all... in a duel.

Spoiler
A magic card duel. Start building a sweet deck 'cause I won't have mercy on your sorry pasty ass.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 07-10-2016 at 09:41 AM..

Old 07-10-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You might be tempted to think I care about your life story, but I really don't.
But, well, thanks for giving us background about why it's so hard for you to take responsability over your country's failures.
You're one of those who makes your own people ashamed to call themselves British when stepping foot outside their borders. Congrats!

Regardless, we're not just discussing drunkess, we're discussing people who jump from balconies, who **** and puke all over the place and pick fights.
You wouldn't have to justify yourselves if you could only stop doing the above. But since you're actually inconveniencing us, you do need to do so.
And your government itself is sending British policemen to help out because they know they have a responsability.

Yes don't worry, if you come over to the best country there is sometime in the future feel free to give me a location so we can put this argument to rest once and for all... in a duel.

Spoiler
A magic card duel. Start building a sweet deck 'cause I won't have mercy on your sorry pasty ass.
I don't care what you think of my life story, that's the point, I don't care and the British kids don't care, I am simply saying that rather than take their money then complain about them behind their back simply don't give them what they want!! Its quite simple really, except you won't because you want their money too much. If I pay for a holiday I expect a good time, if I don't get one I will simply holiday elsewhere, its your choice. I am not ashamed of being British but actually quite proud of a country that has given this world so much (including the language you are speaking to me in), you seem to be the one that has a 'superiority complex' (see your comment about 'best country' lol), incidentally I don't remember jumping from any balcony??? Whatever that means anyway. The point is I don't have to justify my behaviour to you or anybody else in Spain, like I said if anybody had a problem with me they certainly didn't tell me, in fact they seemed perfectly happy selling me drink or food or whatever I wanted to buy. thanks for challenging me to a 'duel' lol what is this the year 1812? I don't need a duel, I would simply listen to what you had to say and then politely tell you how you are wrong, if you wanted to take it further or get violent its only then I would simply knock you down, I am not interested in a 'duel' lol.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:48 AM

Aw, Easthome didn't take the challenge. Is anyone else interested in defending Britain's honor?
http://magic.wizards.com/es/content/new-magic-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe