Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 11:06 PM

26,897 posts, read 22,760,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
1. when I said your I was speaking in general, not about you or Russia specifically

2.Culture should be something in a state of change to keep members of said culture in check from drowning in their own self-importance and group think, changing their official language to one more used is a useful step in continuing the cycle of change

3.Jews aren't disliked because of their religion, there are many Jews who are secular and don't practice or go to synagogue yet they are still targeted. That is because it doesn't have to do with their actual beliefs, but their mind set of being a Jew first and a human second, they feel part of an exclusive group and that builds envy into others

4. The world should agree on a global language, English is a start, especially for the western world (which I include Russia in)

5. Nations are different but people aren't. No matter how different a doctor with a stable life and a jailed rapist may seem or want to be seen as different their actual motives are the same, the translation of those motives are different based on said persons experience. The reason nations are different is because the people inside them want to have some identification against other people but this mental state can and should be broken, for as different as nations may seem if they were a representation of human reasoning they wouldn't be all that different

6. It is degrading for all those who aren't welcomed or born into a global group and are forced to understand the world without others telling them what and who they are.

7.looking inward breeds pure corruption, surface corruption from newcomers can be easily dealt with, not so for the former.

8. Expansions happen within a certain group, they exclude others for so long that the urge to go to war and to expand is not actually to keep the newly conquered land, Romans did little with the land they conquered outside of Italy, same with the Mongols, the Nazis, the Macedonians, and all others. Instead they conquer not to expand their borders but help embellish their own definition of themselves.

9. The bible spoke the truth in this instance

10. The Nazis expansion was in a global mindset yes, but the mindset of the Nazi party, they wanted to take their philosophies on science (human experimentation), technological advancement, etc. to other parts of the world in honors of their group think of themselves.
1. Jews might feel as a part of the nation they live in and still be hated. As I've already said - they had a misfortune to get on god's bad side.

2. Nations consist of people, so nations are different, because of the people that comprise them.

Quote:
11. The entire world should be educated on such subjects, limiting the human mind in it by itself is a crime. A child stuck in a sweatshop in Bangladesh should be able to understand and speak of a country like Germany
Why Germany, and how this would change that child's life?

P.S. Russia is not part of the "Western world." It's part of a Christendom, but not "Western world."
I have another great idea - why not to suggest Russians to change their language to English, in order to "welcome others" and made them feel more home?
That's going to be a lot of fun, I assure you)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 11:40 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,288,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
Germany has benefited tremendously from globalization, and German people have made a lot of efforts to improve their English. I haven't been to Germany, but I've heard that living in Germany without speaking German is doable but still challenging.

Why doesn't Germany make English its official language? In that way, their English proficiency will be further improved and doing business with Germany will be much easier. Germans have already done a great job, they can even do more.

Because they have their own language and simply no need to adopt english as their official language.
Most ridiculous suggestion I have read on here in quite some time.

If the OP wants to live in Germany, how about learning german? But going by some of the later comments from the OP it seems he/she has revealed him/herself as somebody who has a problem with Germany. Which at least explains this ridiculous thread.

Why not ask if the US should adopt Spanish as its official language.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:08 AM

733 posts, read 605,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post

Because they have their own language and simply no need to adopt english as their official language.
Most ridiculous suggestion I have read on here in quite some time.

If the OP wants to live in Germany, how about learning german? But going by some of the later comments from the OP it seems he/she has revealed him/herself as somebody who has a problem with Germany. Which at least explains this ridiculous thread.

Why not ask if the US should adopt Spanish as its official language.
I have no plan to move to Germany. It's just something Germany could do to be a better place.

I don't have problems with Germany either. No country is perfect, even Japan has its fair share of problems. I thought Germans should be more open-minded than French, that's why I supposed they would be fine with making English its official language.

Unfortunately, France isn't the only country that is too obsessed with its language.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:11 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,369,998 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, France isn't the only country that is too obsessed with its language.
Most countries are "obsessed" with their own language, because people just understand that very language. It does not have anything to do with open-mindedness.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:20 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,137,733 times
It took a fair bit of time and work to get to an almost native speaker level of German, it would be a pitty for that all to be for nothing.

It is kind of funny that people say I have a Anerican accent when I speak German and a German accent when I speak English now.

Old 08-08-2016, 05:34 AM

15,506 posts, read 6,481,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
1. Jews might feel as a part of the nation they live in and still be hated. As I've already said - they had a misfortune to get on god's bad side.

2. Nations consist of people, so nations are different, because of the people that comprise them.

Why Germany, and how this would change that child's life?

P.S. Russia is not part of the "Western world." It's part of a Christendom, but not "Western world."
I have another great idea - why not to suggest Russians to change their language to English, in order to "welcome others" and made them feel more home?
That's going to be a lot of fun, I assure you)))

1. They'll still feel Jewish even if they felt part of the nation they lived in, that will always be the underlining problem

2. Like I said, people aren't different, the nations the comprise of them are, if nations were to reflect human reasoning and emotion they would be far more similar

3. It's not just Germany kids from around the world should know about, it's everywhere, Germany is just one of those places

4. I meant geographically, the major population centers of Russia seem to be on the western side of the world, the Mongol occupation of Russia is the only thing that split it up from Europe and the rest of the western world, otherwise, they to would be considered a western nation today.

My overall point still stands, Germans should adopt English as their official language

Old 08-08-2016, 05:56 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,137,733 times
Why not then Russian instead?

Old 08-08-2016, 06:05 AM

15,506 posts, read 6,481,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Why not then Russian instead?
Russia and Germany should both speak english

Old 08-08-2016, 06:21 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,205,899 times
Quote:
I have no plan to move to Germany. It's just something Germany could do to be a better place.
a better place? making english the official language there would make it a better place? do you read yourself?

Quote:
I don't have problems with Germany either. No country is perfect, even Japan has its fair share of problems. I thought Germans should be more open-minded than French, that's why I supposed they would be fine with making English its official language.
aaah... so it's the french now

Quote:
look who's talking there, the person who want to make english an official language in a country that don't need it, who's the one obsessing huh?

Old 08-08-2016, 06:28 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,032,310 times
I read all the comments as well the post I don't know anything other than laughing from my butts. A person who never been to Germany thinks lives in Germany quiet challenge with out German. And the rest of the people talk about refugees. What a funny post waha haaa. Well as an European I can say most of the European countries speaks English but if you settle and live in those countries they expect from the people who comes to live will adopt their culture and the language and it is the same here in Netherlands too. Need to pass the language exam before you obtain PR. Good luck with moving to Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe