Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:37 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,617,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
How many of those 4 million people are students and voluntary part-time workers? The Spanish unemployment rate is still more 4x higher than the German one by ILO standards.
Wwwwwhaaaat?! The unemployment of Germany is 6.3% (official German statistics) while the official Spanish unemployment is a bit more than 18%. Where do you see that more than 4x higher? Whaaaaaat?!?!?!?

Quote:
So?
So? How exactly so? Meanwhile the German government makes you work for 400€ a month, the Spanish one gives you 426€ just if you agree to sign up in the public system to seek a job... So ?

I was wrong. Actually more than 7 million Germans have minijobs.

Quote:
So it is ok to have lots and lots of unemployed people as long as they are "non qualified workers"? Great attitude.
So yes, if all of those 7 million cursing minijobs which aren't students were unemployed... Germany would have close to 12-13% of unemployment. 5% less than Spain... Spain has many unemployment for non skilled workers (many are foreign, but this doesn't count) which still prefer to live in Spain thanks to the social help, aids, welfares... then why they would remain without working? Think about it.

Who told is a great attitude and it's ok ?!? Many work without contracts, while many of whom work without contracts while earning even social welfare.

This is bad, I know, but happens in most of Spain, specially in the south, ask Karstic and see by yourself, this is well known in Spain. Do you want the sources to prove this ?

Quote:
The same is true in pretty much every developed country in the world.
In 2015 only 69% of Spanish university graduates were employed, compared to over 90% in Germany. Nothing to brag about I would say, even if it has improved since then. I wonder how many of those are on temporary contracts. File:Employment rates of recent graduates (aged 20
So? France has 72%. Italy 48%. Spain can be compared to France and Italy. That's much more than Italy and similar to France. I wonder how many are temporary workers in Germany too...

Year by year Spain needs more skilled workers in specific jobs. I did show you proofs of sources claiming that Spain will need in less than 5 years, 2 million skilled workers which Spain can't fulfill?

Of course a part of the new graduates don't find a job. You know why? Because a significant part of those graduates need to do the "oposiciones", which are specially intended for being a public worker and takes months to take it, then a part make just "beautiful" university degrees like Philosophy, History, Arts... beautiful things but not very useful at all to find a job, those haven't got demand.

I'm pretty sure that in Germany the most frequent degrees are related to economics, business, all kinds of engineering... right? Luckily in Spain, year by year those degrees are becoming a big majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Isn't that one of the main reasons Catalonia wishes to secede from Spain?
Nope. Catalonia doesn't want to go out from Spain for that, and most of Catalonians don't want it also. This started in 2012, when the regional president of Catalonia in that time said 3-4 years ago that the independence is something old, that Catalonia must work very united to Spain as it's the best way to improve. After the corruption cases started to involve the president of his own political party, then he started with the parallel bs of the independence, exactly planning to evade this. In fact even he was an ally with the PP, the People's Party of Spain, the patriotic centre-right liberal conservatists.

The reasons of the Catalan independentist politicians are a smoke curtain. Actually many of the pro-independence ones are corrupt asf and they want to cover their corruption by getting out of Spain, then the Spanish judiciary system can't touch them. If I don't remember bad, Catalonia is the 2nd Spanish region with the biggest amount of open corruption cases. And most affect only 1 political party!

Fortunately this will never happen as most people from Catalonia want to remain in Spain, also because the independence is falling year by year (not much, but is falling, which is the important) and it hasn't got any reason to be independent, it was never more than a region or a province of another kingdom or country. For example, even Granada can claim it's independence. But not Catalonia.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,282,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Nope. Catalonia doesn't want to go out from Spain for that, and most of Catalonians don't want it also. This started in 2012, when the regional president of Catalonia in that time said 3-4 years ago that the independence is something old, that Catalonia must work very united to Spain as it's the best way to improve. After the corruption cases started to involve the president of his own political party, then he started with the parallel bs of the independence, exactly planning to evade this. In fact even he was an ally with the PP, the People's Party of Spain, the patriotic centre-right liberal conservatists.

The reasons of the Catalan independentist politicians are a smoke curtain. Actually many of the pro-independence ones are corrupt asf and they want to cover their corruption by getting out of Spain, then the Spanish judiciary system can't touch them. If I don't remember bad, Catalonia is the 2nd Spanish region with the biggest amount of open corruption cases. And most affect only 1 political party!

Fortunately this will never happen as most people from Catalonia want to remain in Spain, also because the independence is falling year by year (not much, but is falling, which is the important) and it hasn't got any reason to be independent, it was never more than a region or a province of another kingdom or country. For example, even Granada can claim it's independence. But not Catalonia.
I think I watched a Vox video on it and they stated that as the reason. What were the results of the latest referendums?
So is the economy any better there than the rest of Spain?

Madrid being the capitol should have a similar number I'd imagine. That's how it is in the US.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I think I watched a Vox video on it and they stated that as the reason. What were the results of the latest referendums?
So is the economy any better there than the rest of Spain?

Madrid being the capitol should have a similar number I'd imagine. That's how it is in the US.
Madrid is the richest. Catalonia has 1.000 million more of GDP but they also have a quite bigger population, a much bigger debt, a much bigger inflation... Check it here. Comparación Madrid y Cataluña.

The best economy in Spain goes from:

1. Madrid
2. Navarre or Basque Region
3. one from the ones from above
4. Catalonia

What they don't tell is that by themselves they take about 1/4 of the autonomic founds (Spain is maded by autonomous communities) which are funds for all of the 16 autonomies of Spain.

They also don't tell that they have the highest debt from any other Spanish region which is mostly payed by the central government of Spain, and the Catalan government often asks for funds to pay the providers. That they receive more money that the other regions, although is normal being the 2nd most populated (I mean the pro-independence politicians just say that they lose money from 1 part,
while they receive more from 4-5 more parts) they just say that they give more money than the one which they receive in the taxes (which is true, money which comes back from another ways).

Actually Madrid is the one which contributes much more to the country of Spain than anyone else. Even counting all of the regions who lose, you need to double that amount to reach how many Madrid losses:

And I don't see Madrid crying for independence, because they have advantages and money who comes from another ways. The region of Madrid by itself would be almost as rich as Austria lol...(not that much)

Old 05-11-2017, 10:55 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,327,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't believe that "studying math" is a matter of "free choice." If it were, tonnes of people would have chosen technical studies/professions over being a "lawyer."
You have to be born with those abilities, and it looks like those abilities are prominent the most in males of Northern European descent (Russians including.)
And that's really the only major thing that sets Northern Europe apart from Southern Europe.

Spain must be 30 years ahead of Russia in any technical field.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Isn't that one of the main reasons Catalonia wishes to secede from Spain?
No.
Catalonia wants the same tax arrangement that Basques and Navarre, so they can manage their taxes. Madrid is richer because institutional funding as the capital.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:05 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,518,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karstic View Post
Spain must be 30 years ahead of Russia in any technical field.
"In any technical field?"
Are you that sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVlmoNtcyhY&t=7s

(Remember, Russians apply their technical abilities where it counts for them.)

Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,206 times
Junter, people living in Spain must be included in stats. As long as a human is living permanently in Spain, it has to be included. In every country natives/educated people are more employed than others, that's one of the reason why we go to University/Schools.
Even if the unemployment rate is 1% for Spanish natives and 80% for foreigners resulting in an UR of 18% in Spain, the UR in Spain would be then 18% not 1%.

Low skilled people must be included too.

Most important is that every country compute the UR with the same methodology, and at this game Germany will be always in an other world compare to Spain (... and Italy and France too ).

I prefer someone paid 500 euros / month working 15 hours per week than someone living at home receiving 500 euros. They maintain skills usefull for their future with is worth billions of euros at the scale of an entire country.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"In any technical field?"
Are you that sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVlmoNtcyhY&t=7s

(Remember, Russians apply their technical abilities where it counts for them.)

What technical abilities? Ladas?
Spain contributed heavely to the Eurofighter, on the same level that American fighters.
Russian weapons are good against civilians or armies with dilapidated URSS weapons, but junk compared to NATO weapons (Irak).
Saddam Hussein had the best Russian planes there were, and those planes did not even dared to take off.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Junter, people living in Spain must be included in stats. As long as a human is living permanently in Spain, it has to be included. In every country natives/educated people are more employed than others, that's one of the reason why we go to University/Schools.
Even if the unemployment rate is 1% for Spanish natives and 80% for foreigners resulting in an UR of 18% in Spain, the UR in Spain would be then 18% not 1%.

Low skilled people must be included too.

Most important is that every country compute the UR with the same methodology, and at this game Germany will be always in an other world compare to Spain (... and Italy and France too ).

I prefer someone paid 500 euros / month working 15 hours per week than someone living at home receiving 500 euros. They maintain skills usefull for their future with is worth billions of euros at the scale of an entire country.
I know, I never excluded them.

Just appointing that the majority of those unemployeds really work without contract being officialy unemployeds but in reality they work. Many of them even receive welfare. I posted various times the source on this forum. When Spain had 4.8 million unemployed people, it was an estimation of 4 million working irregularly. Nowadays there are 4.2 million unemployeds, at least 3.5 million work without contract...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe