Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 03:36 PM

308 posts, read 237,661 times

Advertisements

Absolutely awful game. The players run 10 yards and some commentator starts whooping as though its some great achievement. Ive NEVER sat through a complete game,10 minutes im looking for something else to do.

And thats before we get on to the big deals offered to vermin like Michael Vick.

Only golf as a sport is so mind numbingly boring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 01:08 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Loves Dogs View Post
Absolutely awful game. The players run 10 yards and some commentator starts whooping as though its some great achievement. Ive NEVER sat through a complete game,10 minutes im looking for something else to do.

And thats before we get on to the big deals offered to vermin like Michael Vick.

Only golf as a sport is so mind numbingly boring
I wholeheartedly agree. Even my American friends think so. I can't think of another game that's only supposed to last for an hour, take over thee hours to complete. That's as long as two full games of soccer or rugby.

And during those three hours, the paying public are treated to just 13 minutes of action. It's unbelievable.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:50 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Anywhere in London to watch American football? I will be there on Sunday September 10th.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:57 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Anywhere in London to watch American football? I will be there on Sunday September 10th.

Top American sports bar in London - Last Updated August 2017 - Yelp

Sports Bar & Grill :: 5 Central London Venues

Belushi's Bars | Belushi's Bars

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-21-2017 at 07:14 AM..

Old 09-12-2017, 03:32 AM

Tottenham's New Ground which is currently under constructio, is now to have two pitches, an NFL Pitch and a retractable Football (soccer) pitch, which suggests a London NFL Franchise might be a very real future prospect.

WATCH: Tottenham reveal retractable pitch at new stadium | Football News | Sky Sports

Tottenham Hotspur will have world's first dividing retractable pitch, so they can host football and NFL

Tottenham give impressive first look at 'world-first dividing retractable pitch' for new stadium - London Evening Standard

Spurs stadium to have two pitches | Construction Enquirer

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-12-2017 at 03:50 AM..

Old 10-01-2017, 01:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
This is one of those threads that always brings out the haters. Jeez, sometimes CDF is so predictable.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:38 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
This is one of those threads that always brings out the haters. Jeez, sometimes CDF is so predictable.
I'm surprised that we haven't had more comments about how soccer is real football. Oh well Haters Gonna Hate Hate Hate...

Old 10-01-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I'm surprised that we haven't had more comments about how soccer is real football. Oh well Haters Gonna Hate Hate Hate...
And its always fun to remind the English that the word soccer is one of the names they gave to that game - it wasn't the Americans!

I'm a fan of just about any sport or game and people who slag all over other's sports are just self-identifying as wankers.

Old 10-01-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post

And its always fun to remind the English that the word soccer is one of the names they gave to that game - it wasn't the Americans!
I don't think anyone cares what the Americans call it in Britain.

The terms 'soccer' was mainly derived from a load of toffs who didn't want the more working class 'Association Football' to be confused with 'Rugby Football', but that is going back a long way in history.

I certainly don't ever recall anyone in my life time actually calling it anything but football, as for Rubgy Football it is now just rugby union or rugby league, there is virtually no mention of the term football anymore in relation to rugby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat

I'm a fan of just about any sport or game and people who slag all over other's sports are just self-identifying as wankers.
No one is slagging American Football off, indeed there are now regular games in London in front of packed out stadiums. Wembley and Twickenham both host American Football games, with Tottenham's new ground to join them. See post 55.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't think anyone cares what the Americans call it in Britain.

The terms 'soccer' was mainly derived from a load of toffs who didn't want the more working class 'Association Football' to be confused with 'Rugby Football', but that is going back a long way in history.

I certainly don't ever recall anyone in my life time actually calling it anything but football, as for Rubgy Football it is now just rugby union or rugby league, there is virtually no mention of the term football anymore in relation to rugby.

No one is slagging American Football off, indeed there are now regular games in London in front of packed out stadiums. Wembley and Twickenham both host American Football games, with Tottenham's new ground to join them. See post 55.
Yeah, I know all that - thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe