Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 12:42 PM

95 posts, read 69,406 times

Advertisements

I think That spaniards prefer Madrid the foreigners know less about Madrid (except for Spanish speakers)because Madrid cares about investing international advertising much less than Barcelona .-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 04:03 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
Having been to both.. I'd rather live in Madrid. But both are great cities.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:05 AM

Madrid was a Capital of an inmense Empire and accumulates gigantiv treasures in places such
as its Royal Palace much large than Versalles and Buckiham (A Museum is about to be oponed to exihibit them)and the gigantic ESCORIAL that many tourists do not even visit out of for ignorance.

Madrid it has dozens of Museums of first class.and it is surrounded by Palaces and Castles and cities
such as Toledo the former medieval Capital of Spain in 20 minutes high -speed train from the Center
of Madrid that would make this story endless if we wanted to quote only.-

Barcelona is a city of beutiful architecture that enters the eyes inmediately .Madrid needs more time
to get to it know well.

But the incomparable thing about Madrid is its joy and your gastronomy and that it is the Capital of the night of Europe.-

Old 11-27-2019, 05:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
I have visited both cities a few times on vacations. To tell the truth, I prefer Seville over both, but my heart is in the Pyrenees and Basque Land.

Old 11-27-2019, 01:11 PM

Viernes 89.-

There are people who like small cities more than large ones .-//-.But this is not the case.For example my favorite Spanish city is Granada.and my favorite Region is Asturias with the mountains of the Picos of Europe at the edge of the Cantabrian Sea .-

Old 11-27-2019, 01:24 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I have visited both cities a few times on vacations. To tell the truth, I prefer Seville over both, but my heart is in the Pyrenees and Basque Land.
My vote is for Seville as well, god I loved it there.

Old 11-27-2019, 07:36 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
barcelona by far.

Old 11-28-2019, 04:04 AM

Blahredline 08,and Blahblahyoutoo,Viernes89.-

I would be gratiful if your could extend something else in your comunication .For example explain us
What things you like more or less of Madrid and Barcelona and of other cities in Spain.-Tell us some things that you know, of Madrid and Barcelona and that you like more or less and how many days was in each of these cities.-

And those who like Seville the most would be very interesting to know when they visited it.If it was during Holy Week(Easter) whith their famous processions or are the Fair when everyone dances there with their typical regional costumes.

And the impression of Barcelona and Madrid is not either the same according to the time .

In Barcelona during the summer you the enjoy the Sea and in Madrid the city happens on the contrary-,.
Madrid in the summer is desertified because the locals people flee to the Coast due to the great heat that the exists in those times in Madrid.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:54 AM

290 posts, read 179,515 times
Madrid

Old 11-29-2019, 03:58 PM

Backpaker

I beg you the same please extend to us why your preference for Madrid .Because many people want to they to know in the Forum of where to travel and what to find in the visit to these 2 cities Madrid and Barcelona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe