Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times

Advertisements

well thanks all for answering. You know I went back into my records, I have been weightlifting on and off for years. I stoped due to a broken back and restarted about 2 1/2 years ago and have been solid and consitent. Here is the funny thing, when I looked back into my records, at age 32 I was the same weight 131.0 but my bodyfat was 25.5 now at age 44 I am 131 with bodyfat of 20-22 tops. I definately have more muscle than age 32 at the same weight and thats a good thing. BUt here is the kicker when I dieted down at age 32 to 122.0 my bodyfat was 18.5. So this tells me that one, I could lose 8 more lbs and that would lower my bodyfat. So the answer is to keep lifting my butt of heavy and drop a few more lbs and go for the long haul without injuring myself! I thought I was too thin but obviously looking back at my records I am in denial!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Diet control balanced with your output. Going lower carb than what you are eating now. Your face may plump out a bit when you go to maintain.

If you just lower your carbs a bit and keep them all complex,watch your salt intake, drink ONLY water, you may get the look you are seeking without major loss.

And don't believe those bodyfat scales. They are SO off. Today mine said I was 7 percent...which I know is wrong because as a female I would be dead/dying. LOL.

What changes do you think lowering your body fat will give you?
been carb cycling, ratios are 170 protien/100 carbs/40 fat. Then every 4 days hit 180 carbs/150 protien /35 fat. I have been cutting carbs and eating basically only veggies cabbage,broccli, and spinach tons of it. I basically do sometimes this most days then a refeed when needed which I find is about 12 days for me. Look losing bodyfat is tough at this point. I think the answer lies in heavy lifting and time. I also think a cycle of winny would be great!! thanks!!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
well thanks all for answering. You know I went back into my records, I have been weightlifting on and off for years. I stoped due to a broken back and restarted about 2 1/2 years ago and have been solid and consitent. Here is the funny thing, when I looked back into my records, at age 32 I was the same weight 131.0 but my bodyfat was 25.5 now at age 44 I am 131 with bodyfat of 20-22 tops. I definately have more muscle than age 32 at the same weight and thats a good thing. BUt here is the kicker when I dieted down at age 32 to 122.0 my bodyfat was 18.5. So this tells me that one, I could lose 8 more lbs and that would lower my bodyfat. So the answer is to keep lifting my butt of heavy and drop a few more lbs and go for the long haul without injuring myself! I thought I was too thin but obviously looking back at my records I am in denial!
For the record, I think you look good as is and don't actually "need" to lose any.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,537,574 times
Quote:
how does one lose bodyfat without losing weight. In otherwords, been lifting for about 3 years steady. Have good defination in arms, back, and abs coming out. However my weight is good, cant lose really anymore weight in a size 2 or 4 but bodyfat is still alittle high 20 percent. I am female age 44 and would like to get bodyfat to 15 percent but if I lose weight I will look terrible. Is the answer just keep damn lifting heavy and put on more muscle??

Two words...."Hill Sprints". Or, really, any type of sprinting routine, but doing them uphill will help save your legs from injury (especially pulled hamstrings). Simply scout out a hill near you and pace off about 100-120 paces on it. Jog a bit (it is nice if you can just job 1/4-1/2 mile to the hill), dynamic stretches to loosen up, then sprint at max effort up the hill. Walk back down, no big time constraint (but don't take forever). Do this 5 times. As you go on, add more reps, but don't exceed 12. Jog back home, and do some static stretching, drink some juice (to replace muscle glycogen) and some protein (whey shake ideal, milk if that's all you have). You are done. You will see results quickly...if I could only do one workout, it would be this.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 PM

thanks to both of you!! Thanks I mean that. Well I have the foundation after 2 1/2 years of solid lifts. Let me say I am strong too!! I can clear a room of middle aged men. Saturday I did with bar bell 70 lbs shoulder presses and cleared the room. It was light! So I just need to keep lifting, I try the sprints ( I call this HIIT) and keep going to my question for huge muscles and lower bodyfat! I will come back in 6 months and fill you in!

Old 06-22-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
For the record, I think you look good as is and don't actually "need" to lose any.
well to be honest I have a vision of me in 2 more years injury free this time. My image is alot more muscle. Yes bordering a bit too much for most peoples taste. However this will be done without drugs. So face will stay thin but not become a man if you get my drift. I am pushing and going for it. the best part is I am patient. I have time, and am building dense muscle. Muscle that is real, strong and from the core!!

I really like you ! Your cool and not an overboard nut. I am alittle overboard so its nice to see a women with good balance!! Its rare! Keep that good side. Will come back and fill you in. Marilyn

Old 06-23-2010, 08:20 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
well to be honest I have a vision of me in 2 more years injury free this time. My image is alot more muscle. Yes bordering a bit too much for most peoples taste. However this will be done without drugs. So face will stay thin but not become a man if you get my drift. I am pushing and going for it. the best part is I am patient. I have time, and am building dense muscle. Muscle that is real, strong and from the core!!

I really like you ! Your cool and not an overboard nut. I am alittle overboard so its nice to see a women with good balance!! Its rare! Keep that good side. Will come back and fill you in. Marilyn
Well at the end of the day it is about what YOU want, not me or anybody else... you are ready willing and able to do the work, so I salute you! I would like to hear about your progress. I'll live vicariously through you, which will give me an idea of what it would be like if I did this too.

Good luck, I really like you too. Let's keep in touch!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Well at the end of the day it is about what YOU want, not me or anybody else... you are ready willing and able to do the work, so I salute you! I would like to hear about your progress. I'll live vicariously through you, which will give me an idea of what it would be like if I did this too.

Good luck, I really like you too. Let's keep in touch!
I will and plan to come back and post progress!

Old 07-07-2010, 11:13 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
If you lose weight you will have to lose muscle and fat with it. Same thing when you put on weight. You can't put on or lose pure fat or pure muscle. You have to find a balance that you are happy with. As a long distance runner I know that no matter how much I lift, I burn a lot more calories than I take in to grow muscle. In order for me to put on muscle I'd have to eat more calories than I burn and I would also put on a little fat with it, which I'm not willing to do because it would be a burden when I'm running.

The professional bodybuilders go through a time of putting on weight, mostly muscle and some fat. Then they try to burn off as much of the fat as they can before a competition, knowing they will lose some muscle in the process.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
If you want to lose fat and don't want to lose weight you will need to add muscle. Am I missing something?
lol

simple, muscle burns fat soooooo.......yep, that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness