Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 09:07 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,672,442 times

Advertisements

I don't need science to prove to me that drinking diet soda is a bad idea. Simple litmus test in the supermarket: if you see fat people loading a shopping cart with a given item, that item is to be avoided. I often see fat people buying diet coke, sugar-free cookies and fat free mayo... obviously it isn't working out for them. I take it a step further - fat people love it + item was invented in a test tube = deadly poison. That's diet soda for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 04:12 PM

51 posts, read 77,665 times
If you could drink some water, will help your health

Old 09-04-2010, 04:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I don't need science to prove to me that drinking diet soda is a bad idea. Simple litmus test in the supermarket: if you see fat people loading a shopping cart with a given item, that item is to be avoided. I often see fat people buying diet coke, sugar-free cookies and fat free mayo... obviously it isn't working out for them. I take it a step further - fat people love it + item was invented in a test tube = deadly poison. That's diet soda for ya.
LMAO!! I tried to rep you for this but I need to spread the love around first. That is sooooooooo very true.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,060 times
Quote:

This would eliminate quite a bit of food at the supermarket seeing as fat people eat just about everything just like other people. They probably got fat from too much McDonald's and not enough exercise and now they are trying to lose weight. I also see fat people walking a lot. I guess walking makes you fat too.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:16 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
I drink water, skim milk, and diet coke, among other things. I assure you I'm not fat. It's not the diet coke. It's the OTHER crap.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:16 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,222 times
Quote:
I often see fat people buying diet coke, sugar-free cookies and fat free mayo... obviously it isn't working out for them. I take it a step further - fat people love it + item was invented in a test tube = deadly poison. That's diet soda for ya.
Plenty of plus folks out there trying to do the right thing and lose the weight. My hubby is one of those. He buys the sugar free cookies because he is trying to lower his blood sugar; switching to the cookies is working. It just take time, he is losing weight slowly but surely. It just take a while to lose a little bit at a time at a good pace (may take about a year) but he will be able to sustain the weight lost instead of gaining it again later.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:29 PM

286 posts, read 535,316 times
But but but....what about the amt of sodium in those things?

People rarely bring that up. Too much sodium is VERY bad for you. I mean VERY bad. We Americans get way too much salt in our diets and that stuff is loaded with it.

It's poison.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:31 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post

People rarely bring that up. Too much sodium is VERY bad for you. I mean VERY bad. We Americans get way too much salt in our diets and that stuff is loaded with it.

It's poison.

A person needs about 1000mg of sodium per day.....the maximum recommended daily intake is about 1500-2300mg per day depending on the source you look at....

Diet Coke has a whopping 35-40mg of sodium per 12oz can....

Yep....just LOADED with it I tell ya....

Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
I don't need science to prove to me that drinking diet soda is a bad idea. Simple litmus test in the supermarket: if you see fat people loading a shopping cart with a given item, that item is to be avoided. I often see fat people buying diet coke, sugar-free cookies and fat free mayo... obviously it isn't working out for them.
News flash ... People who are overweight eat much of the same food that the rest of us do. They just eat more of it.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:22 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post

It's poison.
I agree that high sodium is something many people need to look out for. Thankfully, with the amount of cardio that I do, I sweat out so much, I really don't worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness