Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM

14 posts, read 36,638 times

Advertisements

Obviously you didn't read very thoroughly people, I mentioned how bras handicap boobs early on, making them dependent just like shoes make our feet weak when trying to run barefoot.

Yet there are people who can run barefoot who train themselves (like would naturally happen) and have stronger feet. There are even special shoes to be less of a burden as transitions. Obviously I don't advocate going barefoot or barebreast all the time - only when it's practical for people. The problem is the taboo surrounding it, and nothing else. If it 'hurts' then wear a sports bra, but naturally it shouldn't 'hurt' just from running or walking - that's a sign of bra dependency. Do you really think natural feet should hurt while walking barefoot, or natural boobs should? Sorry, no.

On another note, malnutrition among 99% of the world (and I don't just mean undernourished, i mean wrongly nourished) plays a large part in our inability to feel comfortable without handicaps, because our body isn't functioning at the peak it should.

By the way, there's also no reason to wear clothes at all in some temperatures and situations, like when you're not needing to carry anything, etc. The only reason a lot of people spend the money is because they are embarrassed, either about being naked or just old clothing styles. Although this is fun for a lot of people, it serves no economic sense of purpose, except for giving some people meaningless jobs to peddle new fashions every year. In colder climates of course it's a necessity, however that doesn't mean it's practical elsewhere all the time.

This is all common sense of course, but a lot of people forget the big picture, and forget how much they are reliant on essentially needless spending items. Not everyone is fashion minded from birth, we are trained to be embarrassed about nudity, and trained to be immature/mature about it. In fact a lot of the immaturity comes from it being so sheltered and hush-hush at young ages, making it draw attention, much like profanity. For instance, who says "you're a paunchy toad-spotted ingested lump!" anymore these days? No one. If you understand it, it is indeed an insult, though no one would take it seriously because it isn't romanticized and approved by society to mean something negative.

Last edited by laminarpath; 08-23-2010 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laminarpath View Post
Obviously you didn't read very thoroughly people, I mentioned how bras handicap boobs early on, making them dependent just like shoes make our feet weak when trying to run barefoot.

Yet there are people who can run barefoot who train themselves (like would naturally happen) and have stronger feet. There are even special shoes to be less of a burden as transitions. Obviously I don't advocate going barefoot or barebreast all the time - only when it's practical for people. The problem is the taboo surrounding it, and nothing else. If it 'hurts' then wear a sports bra, but naturally it shouldn't 'hurt' just from running or walking - that's a sign of bra dependency. Do you really think natural feet should hurt while walking barefoot, or natural boobs should? Sorry, no.
I'm sorry but, your bra opinion is ridiculous. Get back to me when you have actual breasts and try running braless.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 PM

If it wasn't considered ridiculous that people should go bra-less, or even nude in more situations society would already be doing it. But the problem is that the ridiculousness comes from your upbringing of how you were taught to feel embarrassed or the need to be covered, and not from any sole practical purpose in all situations.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:09 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,935 times
My girlfriend use to wear just a sports bra all the time before I got with her. She complained how guys would always bug her while working out. I asked her what shes wearing and my jaw almost hit the floor. Couldn't believe how naive she was!

Girls wearing just a sport bra are BEGGING for attention.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 PM

7,167 posts, read 9,219,662 times
Quote:

On another note, malnutrition among 99% of the world (and I don't just mean undernourished, i mean wrongly nourished) plays a large part in our inability to feel comfortable without handicaps, because our body isn't functioning at the peak it should.

By the way, there's also no reason to wear clothes at all in some temperatures and situations, like when you're not needing to carry anything, etc. The only reason a lot of people spend the money is because they are embarrassed, either about being naked or just old clothing styles. Although this is fun for a lot of people, it serves no economic sense of purpose, except for giving some people meaningless jobs to peddle new fashions every year. In colder climates of course it's a necessity, however that doesn't mean it's practical elsewhere all the time.

This is all common sense of course, but a lot of people forget the big picture, and forget how much they are reliant on essentially needless spending items. Not everyone is fashion minded from birth, we are trained to be embarrassed about nudity, and trained to be immature/mature about it. In fact a lot of the immaturity comes from it being so sheltered and hush-hush at young ages, making it draw attention, much like profanity. For instance, who says "you're a paunchy toad-spotted ingested lump!" anymore these days? No one. If you understand it, it is indeed an insult, though no one would take it seriously because it isn't romanticized and approved by society to mean something negative.
Sorry. I have to disagree with you. Clothes are more than modesty. More even than a fashion statement. They are functional environmental protection.

Clothes keep us warm in winter. They keep us from getting burned in the summer. People have been looking for ways to protect themselves from the environment since they first learned to think. Clothing is one of the ways we do that.

My parents were hillbillies. They went barefoot around the house and yard a lot. So did I. Stepped on hundreds of goatheads, drove a splinter clean through to the bone in my foot once. Walked barefoot here in Phoenix in the summer. Try it sometime!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,029,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I'm sorry but, your bra opinion is ridiculous. Get back to me when you have actual breasts and try running braless.
Amen! My junk is going to stay locked and loaded in a bra the way it needs to be. I love it when men try to tell women whats best for their own bodies...

Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminarpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
Sorry. I have to disagree with you. Clothes are more than modesty. More even than a fashion statement. They are functional environmental protection.

Clothes keep us warm in winter. They keep us from getting burned in the summer. People have been looking for ways to protect themselves from the environment since they first learned to think. Clothing is one of the ways we do that.

My parents were hillbillies. They went barefoot around the house and yard a lot. So did I. Stepped on hundreds of goatheads, drove a splinter clean through to the bone in my foot once. Walked barefoot here in Phoenix in the summer. Try it sometime!
@locolobo13: I underlined the parts in my post you quoted that you utterly failed to comprehend.

@Colddiamond102: Good for you, my 'junk' is staying clothed as well in public situations, that doesn't mean it makes sense. Just like it doesn't make sense that we drink cows milk (meant for baby calves, and not adult humans), yet millions of people all over the world do it. So now we understand the simple concept that just because we don't like an idea or the masses don't like an idea it doesn't make it untrue or senseless.

@locolobo13: Here's a perfect example of what I mean, please show how these outfits provide any real functionality and purpose besides style and preventing social embarrassment, I eagerly await your reply:

http://www.beijingolympicsfan.com/wp...rd-photo-3.jpg

Last edited by laminarpath; 08-24-2010 at 01:19 AM..

Old 08-24-2010, 01:45 AM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
You mean those "tribes" in National Geographic that show the womans breasts hanging down to her belly?

Breasts don't get "trained" the way you seem to think they do. Only a guy would think that way...

Old 08-24-2010, 05:52 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
Quote:
If it wasn't considered ridiculous that people should go bra-less, or even nude in more situations society would already be doing it. But the problem is that the ridiculousness comes from your upbringing of how you were taught to feel embarrassed or the need to be covered, and not from any sole practical purpose in all situations.
We women who wear sports bras are doing so because we are embarrassed? Sports bras serve no practical purpose? Please go away now.

Instead of the Exercise & Fitness forum, a section of the board where women proudly understand and control their bodies, I suggest you take this to the Relationship board. You'll find people more receptive to your nonsense there.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Sure we did. Your idea is just ludicrous and wrong, that's all. You seem to be confusing breasts, which comprise mammary glands and fat, with the pectoral muscles. The latter can be firmed and strengthened; the former cannot. Breasts eventually sag under their own weight. Older men are familiar with this phenomenon when they take off their pants.

Those bikinis you linked to are not meant for sports. Women don't run in those, or swim or dive. This is an exercise forum. You may ask well ponder why men don't lift weights while wearing blue jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness