Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminarpath View Post
If it wasn't considered ridiculous that people should go bra-less, or even nude in more situations society would already be doing it. .
Lam, just driving by and checking on the ladies. Good diversion and bad arguments for why women should all work out in the buff.

I've been to a few nudist beaches & resorts. Clothes are not only appropriate for protection and modesty in public but the most important reason most people should keep their clothes on is

.... It hurts my eyes if I had to look at most of the people in the US with their clothes off. If you can't buy all the good arguments these women give you, do it for us guys who hate to see ugly bodies.

Let me ask you, with no clothes on can you see your feet ?

Let the ladies dress as they wish, your logic makes zero sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I'm sorry but, your bra opinion is ridiculous. Get back to me when you have actual breasts and try running braless.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You mean those "tribes" in National Geographic that show the womans breasts hanging down to her belly?

Breasts don't get "trained" the way you seem to think they do. Only a guy would think that way...
Yep... boobs are fat. Fat sags..and the more fattier they get the further down they sag. If sports bras didn't exist I wouldn't be able to exercise its so painful otherwise.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
To the gym? Yay? Nay? Personally, I could never. I would feel totally uncomfortable and like I was asking to be looked at. Considering the few females I see who do this at my gym, well I'm a woman and I look lol. This is in no way attacking women who do this. Just curious as to if this is considered normal gym attire these days?
Good question! I've wondered myself how others felt. I see women in the gym wearing only sports bras though mostly I see this on runners. In the gym even as a woman it makes me uncomfortable even on small-breasted woman. One of my gym friends is a pro bodybuilder and she has breasts/very muscular pectorials that you can see every muscle fiber in. She wears the bras only most of the time. It always makes me feel like I am seeing stuff you shouldn't see on someone you are not in a consensual relationship with.

I could never dress like that even after I lose all the weight I need to I don't think I could. I wear a sports bra... under my t-shirt. I won't even wear tank tops to the gym.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:45 AM

I have to ask anyone else have women at their gym that were sport skirts? I think those are for tennis or aerobics, but I'm not sure. Well there's this one gal that wears a black skirt all the time then sits sprawled out on the weight machines so you can see her white panties. Is this not inappropriate?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times
I don't know about "these days" but when I was going to the gym daily for my runs in the rainy season, I ran the treadmills in my shorts and jog bra. Whether people looked or not I couldn't say; it was too hot in there for me to do anything else.

Then again, I go to the gym to work out, not watch or be watched.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:26 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I have to ask anyone else have women at their gym that were sport skirts? I think those are for tennis or aerobics, but I'm not sure. Well there's this one gal that wears a black skirt all the time then sits sprawled out on the weight machines so you can see her white panties. Is this not inappropriate?
Personally I would never notice such a thing. I might occasionally watch a woman who is lifting heavy with great form, but that's because I might learn something. I don't pay attention to women otherwise, certainly couldn't even tell you if any women are sitting around, let alone describe their work out gear. And I damn sure have never noted what color panties women are wearing! The gym is for working out, not being a looky-loo! Why are you watching at this woman often enough to know what color panties she wears all the time?

Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 PM

221 posts, read 799,122 times
Quote:
Personally I would never notice such a thing. I might occasionally watch a woman who is lifting heavy with great form, but that's because I might learn something. I don't pay attention to women otherwise, certainly couldn't even tell you if any women are sitting around, let alone describe their work out gear. And I damn sure have never noted what color panties women are wearing! The gym is for working out, not being a looky-loo! Why are you watching at this woman often enough to know what color panties she wears all the time?
Um if someone's legs are wide open, spread eagle while they are working out you can't help but notice. It's like the women who wear clothes painted on them or their breasts hanging out of every shirt then complain when men stare. Spare me. I'm assuming you do walk into the gym with your eyes open so you must be seeing people, no?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not watching her. There is ONE recumbant bike at my gym and it so happens the delt fly machine is in front of it. You sit on that machine backwards so when she sits on the machine sprawled out like a cow it just so happens its right in front of my face because I look straight ahead while on the bike.

Its just like the time a teen boy sprawled out on the bench in front of me as I was laying on a bench press. He was wearing wide legged short shorts and perhaps no undies. As I raised up at that exact moment right in front of my face his thing falls out of his short's leg. You can't help but notice something right in front of your face.

What the heck are you suppose to look at then while you are biking or lifting? My trainers insist looking straight ahead while lifting will reduce neck strain so what are you to do if people sprawl in front of you when you are looking straight ahead? Maybe people ought to wear longer shorts or pants if they are going to do sit down exercising.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
Um if someone's legs are wide open, spread eagle while they are working out you can't help but notice. It's like the women who wear clothes painted on them or their breasts hanging out of every shirt then complain when men stare. Spare me. I'm assuming you do walk into the gym with your eyes open so you must be seeing people, no?
Sure don't. Nor do I notice when women are wearing painted on clothing... I don't notice women with breasts hanging out either. Might you consider the possibility that you are insecure about your own body, and that is why you are so keyed into what other women are wearing and doing? It sounds like you feel threatened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I'm not watching her. There is ONE recumbant bike at my gym and it so happens the delt fly machine is in front of it. You sit on that machine backwards so when she sits on the machine sprawled out like a cow it just so happens its right in front of my face because I look straight ahead while on the bike.

Its just like the time a teen boy sprawled out on the bench in front of me as I was laying on a bench press. He was wearing wide legged short shorts and perhaps no undies. As I raised up at that exact moment right in front of my face his thing falls out of his short's leg. You can't help but notice something right in front of your face.

What the heck are you suppose to look at then while you are biking or lifting? My trainers insist looking straight ahead while lifting will reduce neck strain so what are you to do if people sprawl in front of you when you are looking straight ahead? Maybe people ought to wear longer shorts or pants if they are going to do sit down exercising.
I never notice these things because for me the gym is a time to focus on myself. So as I lifting weights I am not only focusing on my body, but I a also focusing on myself mentally. So instead of looking around at what other people are doing as I do rep, I instead am relaxing my mind and thinking positive thoughts about things going on in my life/tasks I need to accomplish in the short term, etc. *If* I were going to look around at other people working out, I'd at least focus on some hot guy doing squats.

No offense but you sound like one of those people who is always looking for the negative in the room, in life. When you look for the negatives, they are easy to find, and they further shape your point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness