Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM

968 posts, read 2,588,463 times

Advertisements

I choose C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 06:44 PM

465 posts, read 463,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
And that ladies and gentlemen, tells us all we need to know about the nomadrefuee.
Ok you got me. I like drugs and I like to smoke the wacky tobacky. Throw me in a gulag because i'm not fit to exist in civilized society. I might smoke a marijauna cigarette, eat some mushrooms and go on a killing spree.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:15 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
Ok you got me. I like drugs and I like to smoke the wacky tobacky. Throw me in a gulag because i'm not fit to exist in civilized society. I might smoke a marijauna cigarette, eat some mushrooms and go on a killing spree.
As far as I'm concerned what you do is your own business as long as you're not hurting anyone else. I may not agree with your choices but we've all made (and hopefully learned from) plenty of mistakes.

That said, broadcasting your intent of committing multiple felonies on a public forum isn't the smartest thing you can do. You spotlight yourself (which is never a good idea) and potentially bring unwanted attention to the forum and it's members.

If you're going to break the law do the smart and courteous thing and keep your intentions to yourself.

Last edited by outbacknv; 11-01-2010 at 07:27 PM..

Old 11-01-2010, 07:34 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Have you seen Arnold recently? He looks like crap which very well may be a testament to not using steriods because of side effects that may not manifest for awhile.
He looks like crap, mostly because he has a really gross and unflattering hairstyle, because he has horrendous sun damage from all those years of tanning, because he's old, and because he's (probably) not using the chemicals that made him so beautiful, anymore.

Plus, he abused himself with all the crash diets for contests, and by dieting-down to please the idiots who thought he was too huge to be in the movies.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:57 AM

465 posts, read 463,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
As far as I'm concerned what you do is your own business as long as you're not hurting anyone else. I may not agree with your choices but we've all made (and hopefully learned from) plenty of mistakes.

That said, broadcasting your intent of committing multiple felonies on a public forum isn't the smartest thing you can do. You spotlight yourself (which is never a good idea) and potentially bring unwanted attention to the forum and it's members.

If you're going to break the law do the smart and courteous thing and keep your intentions to yourself.
I believe drug laws are a bunch of BS and people should openly revolt and rebel against them.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:51 AM

60 posts, read 118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
Roids have a bad rap, and the health risks are there, that's simply how it is.
That said, there are way worse drugs with way better reputation...
Yes, they do have a bad rap, yes there are health risks, but... I have to agree with Nomad that a lot of the potential health risks are VERY overblown due to the bad rap they have (many of these are due to fools using them without educating themselves properly and taking the necessary precautions to best mitigate potential side effects).

And I gotta agree with you on the second point. Alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs (just to name a few) are just as bad if not worse than steroids but many people don't even give it a second thought because it's "legal".

I know of many people at my university who pop adderalls like it's nothing to study or before going to class when they don't have a prescription. They don't think it's bad though since it's legal (with prescription), created in sterile lab conditions, and not really similar to cocaine "because a molecule is in a different position".

Old 11-11-2010, 10:21 AM

593 posts, read 1,660,260 times
If you need to take roids, then you need to stop going to the gym period.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:10 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times
Quote:

When I get back to the USA i'm gonna get a duffle bag full of steroids, weed and mushrooms and live the dream.
Sounds more like a nightmare to me. Why not learn to be a real man and build muscles the real way? There's something to be said for working hard to earn something instead of cheating by using steroids and learning to face life unintoxicated instead of trying to escape with hallucinogens. Its bad enough you are over in Korean giving them the impression that all Americans are drug abusers which is what many of them think of us thanks to all the ESL teachers. Korean law is very strict. You will regret ever being born if they catch you with something.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:03 AM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times
The problem with building the natural way is that even after years of training many have little to show for it.
That said I don't think people who are not competing at a high level should take steroids. I mean if we're talking about a professional bodybuilder or a divsion I football player, sure you probably won't stay in the game for very long unless you take something.
But for a recreational gymrat like me and you, I wouldn't call it a good idea.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:13 PM

34 posts, read 70,933 times
Quote:
I'm just curious what opinion you have on steroids and hormones used for fitness and sports purposes.

I'm kind of baffled at the public opinion on them. It seems like most people have an intense fear and dislike of them, yet at the same time they know very little about them.

I'm also baffled by the intense media witch hunt against them. I just don;t see what the fuss is all about.

By the way. I've never done steroids at all. But i'm not against the idea and I might use them in the future.

What do you all think?
the media is a big reason people have a negative view on them, another reason is because people are like sheep, one person believes something so they all do. alcohol causes to many deaths to count but thats fine, but my god if you arent against steroids and if you use them you must be some kind of devil worshiper or something

better get the big bad criminals like lance arm strong plus joe and bob down the street at your local gym, i mean after all they want to improve their body, we cant have that! wonder how many millions of tax payers dollars they already spent on trying to do that? im sure america will be so much safer when we get these hardened criminals off the street! not

also people just cant mind their own business, they care so much about what other people do in the privacy of their own home for some reason

Last edited by mike043; 11-13-2010 at 04:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness