Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:28 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times

Advertisements

The "parrots" on the treadmills or elipticals. Shut the F up!!
Women who wear full make up to the gym at 9am and just walk around not doing shyt.
Women who group around a machine and babble. Either use it or get out of my way.
Men who make it beyond obvious to check me out. I mean REALLY??
Stinky, smelly people

I go to the gym with no makeup on and get sweaty (not stinky) to work out!! I'm not there to hook up or anything like that but the eye candy is nice for motivation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 11:53 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Women who wear full make up to the gym at 9am and just walk around not doing shyt.
Women who group around a machine and babble. Either use it or get out of my way.
Stinky, smelly people

I go to the gym with no makeup on and get sweaty (not stinky) to work out!! I'm not there to hook up or anything like that but the eye candy is nice for motivation
You're my gym twin.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
I go to the gym with no makeup on and get sweaty (not stinky) to work out!!
I think the stinky people are those who don't wash their clothes/shower between gym visits. Most people give off a little musk when they get sweaty but it's fairly inoffensive as long as their clothes were clean and they shower regularly. When pungency sets in, now that's just repulsive.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:31 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,084 times
I don't pay any attention to anyone at the gym... I go every morning, I do classes only and leave.. Don't care what others wear,etc...
I don't wear any makeup and my hair is in a ponytail. I go to be healthy and get a good workout.
Obviously there are people who go for other reasons it seems... Haha!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:03 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I agree about the stinky clothes. There's this one guy who does a lot of cardio and he's stinky. I can't be within like 2 machines of him or use any after him

Old 10-10-2011, 11:27 AM

5,515 posts, read 7,106,662 times
I'm sick of the older guys who don't cover up in the locker room. Nobody wants to see your junk!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:19 PM

410 posts, read 742,904 times
My pet peeve is when people stare. I think it's an unwritten rule that you don't stare at people while they are getting sweaty working out (basically looking their worst). Maybe those women that wear a full face of makeup go there to be stared at, but I sure as hell don't!

Old 10-11-2011, 03:51 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,284 times
Quote:
Stinky, smelly people

You do look kinda good... I'm just sayin'
Take their stares as a compliment, they probably think you're hot.

Anyway I have a petpeave which I think you might oppose,
namely women who strutt around in tiny little outfits that exposes more than what they wear at the nightclub, and pretend to be offended when a guy happens to have his face directed within 90 degrees of her...

Old 10-13-2011, 12:46 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
My pet peeve is when people stare. I think it's an unwritten rule that you don't stare at people while they are getting sweaty working out (basically looking their worst). Maybe those women that wear a full face of makeup go there to be stared at, but I sure as hell don't!
This. It's annoying and breaks my zone when people walk past and stare then look at my machine to see where I'm at on speed and stuff.

That's bothering me. Don't worry about how fast or slow I'm going. Go about you business so I can finish mine.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I'm sick of the older guys who don't cover up in the locker room. Nobody wants to see your junk!
I never understood that either. I mean, I'm not super modest in the locker room, but grooming your hair and brushing your teeth buck naked isn't necessary.

My BIGGEST pet peeve...people who grunt and yell while doing weights. You're not impressing me with how much you can lift. You're being obnoxious, so shut it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness