Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 PM

964 posts, read 3,160,256 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah, it was. I nearly bust a gut laughing at it.

Quote:
LOL!

These ridiculous diets are brought up, because people simply do not want to do a Lifestyle Change. They want to stick with the Burger King way of doing things... Their Way, Right Away... especially when it comes to fast food and no exercise.

All people need to understand, is that humans were meant to move, and eat with some degree of nutrional sense. For whatever reason, people battle it to death, that is why the diet pill/crazy diet/silly exercise equipment schemes are multi-billion dollar businesses.
Tell me about it. People overcomplicate weightloss in that they make it a hurdle. I mean you can take just about any overly fat person, reduce their caloric intake, and put them on a "real" exercise plan and I guarantee you that weight will drop off faster than President Bush's approval ratings.

This tapeworm diet, wow I never thought I'd see something so desperate, so dangerous. I mean, good god. I'd starve myself before I'd ever think about putting a parasite into my body.

Quote:
Who knows, maybe one day the crazy, logical way of doing things will catch on!
That chance died when America voted Bush back into office again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 08:13 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
I have a stupid question: how exactly would a tapeworm diet work anyway? That is to say: I understand the worm is supposed to eat the food the dieter eats, but since the worm is still inside the person, wouldn't its own weight increase? Thus still adding to the dieter's weight?
Too: anything the worm eats would not be pooped out by the dieter. So all that eliminated weight from pooping would be lost, thus actually acting so as to retain the food that would have been passed through the colon.
Hmmm.... I don't get it. And I'm a certified personal trainer. LOL.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I have a stupid question: how exactly would a tapeworm diet work anyway? That is to say: I understand the worm is supposed to eat the food the dieter eats, but since the worm is still inside the person, wouldn't its own weight increase? Thus still adding to the dieter's weight?
Too: anything the worm eats would not be pooped out by the dieter. So all that eliminated weight from pooping would be lost, thus actually acting so as to retain the food that would have been passed through the colon.
Hmmm.... I don't get it. And I'm a certified personal trainer. LOL.
The worms eats all the good stuff, leaving nothing for the person to live on except their stored fat. The worm poop is eliminated into the large intestine. (Where did you think it would go? Worms poop too, you know.)

Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
The worms eats all the good stuff, leaving nothing for the person to live on except their stored fat. The worm poop is eliminated into the large intestine. (Where did you think it would go? Worms poop too, you know.)
But the worm poop is still inside the dieter's body. And even when that poop is passed by the dieter, the worm's weight with all the food it ate must still factor in when the dieter steps on the scale. It's simple math, people: the only weigh you can lose weight is to burn-off or poop out more cals. than you take-in. The worm acts only as a middleman of sorts and does not increase in waste production or calorie-burning by the dieter.
Or am I still missing something?

Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 PM

964 posts, read 3,160,256 times
...i rather not know. I'm still disgusted that people actually try this.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:35 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I went into hysterical fits of laughter when I saw Ellen and Queen Latifah with the Shake Weight, to the point that I was in tears! So funny!!! People actually buy this?! Okay, so it's better than the "taperworm diet" (euuuwww!!!!), but I'd never be able to use one and keep a straight face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqi1R...eature=related

Old 01-02-2011, 07:55 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,054,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I went into hysterical fits of laughter when I saw Ellen and Queen Latifah with the Shake Weight, to the point that I was in tears! So funny!!! People actually buy this?! Okay, so it's better than the "taperworm diet" (euuuwww!!!!), but I'd never be able to use one and keep a straight face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EndCtBuj0pU

Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

Hahahaha! I did crack up when I saw that. Thanks for sharing.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,025,375 times
How is this more ridiculous than someone getting surgery to put something around their stomach to decrease it's size? Or getting their entire digestive system cut up? The tapeworm can be killed with basic medicine. I don't see how this is any different. In fact it looks more safer and less intrusive.

I lost 60 lbs (6' started at 250 down to 185) doing something much weirder, diet and exercise. It's not rocket science that you need to burn more calories than you eat. If fatty wants to lose weight then work for it. You obviously worked much harder at getting fat and I was guilty of that.

If you want to lose 1lb a week without exercise

(Your weight x 12) - 500 = Calorie intake per day

If you exercise and burn atleast 2000 calories a week you will lose 2 lbs a week easily. When I was on my diet I was eating 1200 calories a day without exercise for the first 3 months and lost 30 lbs. This was with zero fast food and limited beer. Just have the self will to not eat that crap fast food. You will drop the weight off fast just by doing that.

Last edited by piyf; 01-02-2011 at 01:51 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,025,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
But the worm poop is still inside the dieter's body. And even when that poop is passed by the dieter, the worm's weight with all the food it ate must still factor in when the dieter steps on the scale. It's simple math, people: the only weigh you can lose weight is to burn-off or poop out more cals. than you take-in. The worm acts only as a middleman of sorts and does not increase in waste production or calorie-burning by the dieter.
Or am I still missing something?
Yes. The worm is burning it's calorie intake unlike it's host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness