Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 02:04 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Granted it's after 9 and everyone is supposed to have left, after the announcement.

Is it okay for the girl at the front desk to simply walk by the men's locker room with three naked guys still dressing up and one of them happens to be me?

I'm angry and annoyed to no end. Is this acceptable behavior? I'm appalled this can even happen. Imagine if a guy walks by the women's area, he'll be arrested and executed.
Yeah, that's bull$hit. I'd report that little twit in a heartbeat. I work as a personal trainer in a gym and sometimes am there for closing, and I can tell ya that if I were to walk into the chix' lockeroom uannounced, they'd raise holy hell. Next time you see her just tell her to stay the hell out and have a male staffer do the last call lockerroom check. Then offer to discuss the matter with her and her manager if she gives you any flack.
Never let a gym staffer intimidate you or fail to try and please you as a dues-paying member--especially a girl.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:07 PM

17,351 posts, read 16,492,563 times
I've never been at a gym at closing time but years ago I did have a male janitor come into the ladies room at my work place while I was in there (I was working late). It was a bit startling.

Maybe you could suggest to management that gym employees be required to announce themselves before entering an opposite sex locker room area. Until then, I would probably keep a towel on if you find yourself lingering at closing time.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:17 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Yeah, that's bull$hit. I'd report that little twit in a heartbeat. I work as a personal trainer in a gym and sometimes am there for closing, and I can tell ya that if I were to walk into the chix' lockeroom uannounced, they'd raise holy hell. Next time you see her just tell her to stay the hell out and have a male staffer do the last call lockerroom check. Then offer to discuss the matter with her and her manager if she gives you any flack.
Never let a gym staffer intimidate you or fail to try and please you as a dues-paying member--especially a girl.
Well, I'm not a crazy SOB after all. There is someone who understands the awkwardness of the situation. And given your profession, you're most likely to dismiss this behaviour coz you know how it is.

I'm going to have a little chat with the management Monday. That's for sure.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:54 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,695,297 times
Quote:
Well, I'm not a crazy SOB after all. There is someone who understands the awkwardness of the situation. And given your profession, you're most likely to dismiss this behaviour coz you know how it is.

I'm going to have a little chat with the management Monday. That's for sure.

I think you really need to go to a higher class cleaner gym that will have a valet with you at all times (same sex) that will help you with hair gel and all. You also might want to consider a very exclusive high class gym that is open 24 hours a day so there isn't every an issue with closing. I would also suggest you go to a very high class, 24 hour all male gym with all male (non gay) employees and all and this simple little problem is solved easy peasy

Old 01-15-2011, 02:56 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,599,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I've never been at a gym at closing time but years ago I did have a male janitor come into the ladies room at my work place while I was in there (I was working late). It was a bit startling.

Maybe you could suggest to management that gym employees be required to announce themselves before entering an opposite sex locker room area. Until then, I would probably keep a towel on if you find yourself lingering at closing time.
Agree totally.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:06 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Quote:
Granted it's after 9 and everyone is supposed to have left, after the announcement.

Is it okay for the girl at the front desk to simply walk by the men's locker room with three naked guys still dressing up and one of them happens to be me?

I'm angry and annoyed to no end. Is this acceptable behavior? I'm appalled this can even happen. Imagine if a guy walks by the women's area, he'll be arrested and executed.
It's after closing time, which means you should have planned your workout time to include time for your shower and hair gel during business hours. If it closes at 9:00 you should have been exiting the building at that point, not standing their naked gelling up your hair.

BUT, she could have given a courtesy shout before entering with something to the effect of "hey, is everyone decent? I am coming in to do a locker room sweep".

I'd go to management and let them know what happened and suggest that maybe the staff should either A) send in a male staff person for sweeps after the gym has closed or B) if the person is of opposite gender, they should give a courtesy yell into the locker room BEFORE doing their sweep. Then tell him that in the future you'll also make a point of finishing up before the gym closes

Old 01-15-2011, 04:38 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Next time you should probably be doing a penis-copter in the mirror when she walks by.

I do something very similar when I repeatedly slap my pener against the counter not unlike a beaver slaps his tail upon water. Makes me feel alpha

Old 01-15-2011, 06:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
I once walked into the girl's change rooms in school (yes, totally by accident) and if I recall left before I even had time to make an apology for myself.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:26 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,294,923 times
Why would she be walking past the men's locker room in the first place? Is it an exit out of the building?

While I agree that, in reserve, some high-strong woman would have had his balls seized for it, I agree that an apology should suffice. Or, at the very least, she should holler out something as she approaches?

Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,111,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
It's after closing time, which means you should have planned your workout time to include time for your shower and hair gel during business hours. If it closes at 9:00 you should have been exiting the building at that point, not standing their naked gelling up your hair.

BUT, she could have given a courtesy shout before entering with something to the effect of "hey, is everyone decent? I am coming in to do a locker room sweep".
I agree with all of this ^^^.

Also, to the OP, if it's any consolation: this woman works at the gym.
She has "seen it all before", so don't feel too embarrassed. It's kind of like going to a male doctor, but the female nurse sees you in the altogether first. No big deal.

I've been an athlete for most of my adult life, and I have to say that seeing a naked human body....male, female, fat, thin, black, white etc etc....is just not that shocking. One gets used to it, ya know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness