Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:09 PM

30 posts, read 29,725 times

Advertisements

alright so dnt think im crazy or stupid or watever(or go ahead idc), for girls my height, 4ft 11in, girls witha typically flat stomach range from 95 to 100 pounds.

im 111 pounds nd my birthdays April 25th.

id just like to hav a flat stomach for once.
ideas im interested in:
how many calories to eat a day?
how often i shud jog and for how long?
how many crunches to do?
little things like that and anything else that mite help!

information about my body:
height: 4ft 11in
weight: 111 lbs
body type: cone shaped (=P)

so yea! anything will help. i wanna do this the healthy way nd i kno my body weight rite now is "ok" bt im working towards a flat stomach.

thnx
much love,
Rina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,358,680 times
Walk 3 miles a day and eat 1100 calories a day. Count your calories.

Even if you follow this diet/exercise regiment religiously, you're not going to lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks. You didn't put on your weight overnight and you're not going to lose it in any other way other than gradually.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,852,537 times
Actually, April 25 is six weeks from now, but I agree with Ulysses that you may be pushing things if you expect to lose 15 pounds by then. A pound or two per week is often stated to be a good rate of weight loss, and you may not start losing right away after making changes, since it sometimes takes time for the body to adjust to a new diet and a change in physical activity. You can make some good progress by late April, though, if you start now.

Adding to the advice Ulysses gave, it's a good idea not only to count calories, but to get those calories from nutritious food--lean meat, nuts, legumes, vegetables, fruits, whole-grain products. Try to spread these calories across at least three meals a day. Four, five, or six smaller meals or snacks is even better.

Three miles of walking is a good start, but you'd do well to gradually pick up the pace, and eventually increase the pace to the point where you're jogging or running, as long as you don't have joint issues from running, and you wear good running shoes. Intense cardio is especially good for burning calories. However, make sure to work up to this very gradually, or you'll risk injuring yourself and making slower progress in the long run.

The ten-percent-per-week rule is a good guideline. This usually refers to increasing your mileage for running by a maximum of ten percent from one week to the next, less if you notice any signs of strain or undue fatigue. You can apply the same idea to working up gradually from walking to running. Walk at a normal pace for a few weeks to build up a base of conditioning. Then do a week where each time you walk you do ten percent of the distance at a brisk pace. Then, do up to ten percent more of your distance at a brisk pace the next week. Keep doing this until you're walking the entire distance at a brisk clip. Then start jogging up to ten percent of the distance. Then each week you can increase the portion of your workout you're jogging by up to ten percent. Keep doing this until you're jogging the whole distance, and so forth.

Another suggestion I have is that you may want to try doing a basic strength workout, where you hit all areas of the body, a couple of times a week. Muscle revs up the metabolism, so adding some muscle will help burn fat.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM

964 posts, read 3,151,458 times
Sure, if you're that desperate, you could always starve yourself or use one of those numerous advertised products.

Or you could do it healthier by doing some intense exercise like HIIT 3x weekly that's sure to melt that flabby fat away.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 PM

890 posts, read 2,778,197 times
I just googled "girl ideal body weight". Not knowing your age, I entered 17 years 11 months at 5' 11" and 111 lbs.

"A 17 year and 11 months old (female) child who is 111 pounds and is 4 feet and 11 inches tall has a body mass index of 22.5, which is at the 63th percentile, and would indicate that your child is at a healthy weight."

So you want to be skinnier, meaning less body fat.

You want to get abs you can't pinch? You can get that through dieting mostly, like 75% of your effort to that kind of abs is through diet.

Ab crunching alone will not get you there.

First, you need to eat right.

Add some cardio in your routine for the week, be it 3x a week or more, of at least 20 minutes of having your heart rate at range for your age and weight. But you need to keep it consistent. That's the key.

Then add in resistance training. Work on core exercises: squats, lunges, pull ups, push ups. Do body weight exercises to determine your strengths.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:37 PM

563 posts, read 926,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiiNaV09 View Post
alright so dnt think im crazy or stupid or watever(or go ahead idc), for girls my height, 4ft 11in, girls witha typically flat stomach range from 95 to 100 pounds.

im 111 pounds nd my birthdays April 25th.

id just like to hav a flat stomach for once.
ideas im interested in:
how many calories to eat a day?
how often i shud jog and for how long?
how many crunches to do?
little things like that and anything else that mite help!

information about my body:
height: 4ft 11in
weight: 111 lbs
body type: cone shaped (=P)

so yea! anything will help. i wanna do this the healthy way nd i kno my body weight rite now is "ok" bt im working towards a flat stomach.

thnx
much love,
Rina
Insanity. Probably could get it a bit cheaper from eBay. You follow that, I promise you'll be very, very close to your goal.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM

30 posts, read 29,725 times
ha! i wasnt thinking nd for got my birthdays only an effin month away.

well i basically want a flat tummy always. not just for my birhtday obviously.
i want to be healthy while doing realistic things that i wnt be lazy nd giver up on after only 2 weeks.

eating 1100 calories a day is totally do-able.
so is jogging for 15 to 20 minutes a day and maybe doing muscle targeting every other day...
how long do u think it'll take to see results?

i kno i might sound like a total dummy, i just dnt want it to be like before wher i giv up bc im scared wat im doing isnt good enuff.
i dnt want to be an extreme health nut, i just want to be nice nd healthy =]]

i already gave up soda; i drink 90% water, nd the rest is either juice or tea or a slim fast. now im trying to limit my calories i suppose.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,852,537 times
It's difficult to say how long it will take to see results. Some people seem to experience a lag between the time they change their diet and exercise habits and the time their weight begins to change. Others see the first changes within a couple of weeks. It might be sooner, but give it at least a couple of months to see the first bits of change before you question whether you're making the right moves.

By the way, it's better to judge changes by your appearance and the fit of your clothes than by weight alone. Exercise can add some muscle, so that you may see little change in weight at first, because you're adding muscle while losing fat. This is especially true if you're doing strength training, but this effect can occur to some extent with cardio as well. If you're losing fat, you'll be able to tell by the fit of your clothes, and by an honest look in the mirror.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:46 PM

83 posts, read 132,868 times
Depending on where you live, the Meth Diet might be the best way to go. For me, living in a major city, I had to go with the Crack Diet. Just kidding. Don't do drugs.

Just work out and push yourself consistently. Learn what your body's restraints are and don't get down on yourself when after working out for a week you don't see what you want. As everyone above said, it takes time. Easy come, easy go. Don't buy into anything that promises quick results. Take the time to do it right.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:50 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,650,357 times
At your height and weight I would focus more on getting in shape than actually losing weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness