U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which exercise yields the most womenz?
Bench...my chest rules 3 25.00%
Curls...the womenz love to hang on them 3 25.00%
Chin-ups...they dig the V 4 33.33%
Squats...its all about the legs and such 1 8.33%
Deads...simply irresistible 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:55 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,119,532 times

Advertisements

I just caught grief for my perceived assault on the esteemed press & curl club. Several bros stepped up and proclaimed rarefied sexiness stemming from their domination of the bench press & curl.

I was thinking that a great derrière was essentially irresistible to certain womenz of discerning nature. By comparison big chests are a dime/dozen.

I think they don't do squats because they hate squats. I don't blame them, squats are second only to deads for brutality.

While in the process of further offending the sensibilities of the press & curl club, I will add that I think deads often give womenz a more priceless derrière than squats.

Hater note: there exist a certain coterie that attaches to my every thread with doom and despair. Why not make your own thread?

Last edited by JohnHAdams; 03-30-2011 at 06:07 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 PM

19,011 posts, read 26,678,508 times
Believe it or not, women like the guys who are dressed up, except those who are into tattoos, green hair dye and all that weird stuff.

When you bulk up, you can never wear nice suits and shirts. You always have to wear L and up and it looks funny

Old 03-30-2011, 09:22 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,119,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Believe it or not, women like the guys who are dressed up, except those who are into tattoos, green hair dye and all that weird stuff.

When you bulk up, you can never wear nice suits and shirts. You always have to wear L and up and it looks funny
I never had a stranger grind her derrière up against a certain area while wearing a suit. On the beach or in a boat....plenty of times.

An L would indeed look funny on me, have received many compliments when sporting an XXL.

Different things work for different people. I hardly ever meet women who are sexually stimulated by the trappings of money though I am sure that millions are. I think we tend to meet people that we have things in common with. I could care less how much money a woman has.

A good education is a strong plus though.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:39 PM

12,977 posts, read 30,800,052 times
I gotta tell you, I think the chicks love the "V" shape. I was telling the wife just the other day about this HOT Persian chick who was totally flirting with me in Starbucks and I think it was because I was wearing something that showed off my "V" shape. Im telling you, chicks LOOOOOOVE the "V".

Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 AM

14,323 posts, read 20,271,590 times
I always thought that the look of the man, rather than the type of exercise he was doing, attracted women. A man in excellent shape (e.g. has that "V") always catches their attention.

Muscular legs also are an eye-catcher, no matter what you're doing in the gym.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:40 AM

258 posts, read 409,693 times
Ha, I think I might have added fuel to the fire with my Thor comment in that thread...

Though I'd like to add that I could care less about the butt. Unless it's abnormally flat or too large, I could care absolutely less.

I do love men with broad shoulders (Rear Shoulder Raise workouts?) and exercises that contribute to a lack of extra flabbage on their chest and stomach. Not necessary to be super toned, but man breasts and a protruding gut is a serious turn off.

The look of the man could differ by a lot of time at the gym and what exercises he indulges in. (imo)

Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 AM

4,481 posts, read 6,544,602 times
None of the above. We (men as a class) are clueless. What women look for I don't know. I think Antlered Chamataka is probably closest. But you can be bulked and look good in nice clothes. You just have to get the right clothes.

Something else most of us miss when talking about looks is movement. How you move tells a lot about your physical condition. It can show back, knee and other joint problems even if you can pose like a bodybuilder and bench 300lbs.

So I would say if you want to look good to women, dress nice and learn to dance.

Of course my advice is worth every penny you paid for it.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 AM

5,143 posts, read 11,420,232 times
There is something about that V. And it does not have to be meaty huge either. Its just a shape that it unique to the male body type and looks good in all sizes. And something that balances out the arm. Nothing is worse than tyrannosaurus arms. It reminds me of that burger king commercial where all the guys had digitally done small hands.

Butts...whatever. I could really care less about that as long as its not a "no butt" where it looks like someone just sliced a line in a back and pretended it would do as a butt.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:22 AM

296 posts, read 578,366 times
i dated men with bulk..guess it might mean us women folk would have strong good looking kids. but all i could do is date them as long as they never spoke. the 4 outa 5 i dated were really boring, dull men with no personalities. so although i like a buff man i have to go with some guy with conversational skills instead. looks only get your foot in the door sirs!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 AM

27,814 posts, read 32,996,909 times
face and pesonality. self confidence and not being a creepy guy like johnadams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness