Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 AM

540 posts, read 1,906,856 times

Advertisements

Anyone try riding a Streetstrider? I have a relative who has one and I absolutely love it! I get a great workout and I get to be outdoors. I will never ever ride a bike again after being on a Streetstrider. Problem is, they are so darn expensive! I clearly think they are not worth the asking price of around $1800 dollars. I'd say $500 makes more sense and they may sell more at that price. If you haven't checked one out, check the name on a search engine. It really is a ton of fun!! So long bicycles!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM

7,130 posts, read 9,162,831 times
I've never even seen one. They don't look practical. How far can you go in an hour?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:08 AM

I've never taken one out to see how far I can get. I use it mostly for leisurely fun exercise like around my neighborhood. I have an elliptical machine as well in my house and used it a lot for years but now find it boring to use. I want to get out of the house on nice days and it is so much fun to get on a streetstrider and just go wherever I want. It's something fun and an innovative idea and not a lot of people know about it. People always stop me and ask me what it is or I get a lot of stares and a ton of positive remarks on how cool and fun it looks. I'm definitely no salesman nor any affiliation with the product, I just want people to see that this is a great product and fun for everyone. Shouldn't exercise be fun?

Old 04-20-2011, 05:36 PM

7,130 posts, read 9,162,831 times
I was just wondering if it was practical or not. I agree, exercise should be fun. If it works for you, great! But I find my bike fun too, so I'll stick to that.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,734 times
I've been riding the StreetStrider Summit for about 3 weeks, the thing is amazing. You can't help but get conditioned based on the necessary method of propulsion. Like the ad say's, "it's an elliptical on wheels", but not as easy, you have to acclimate your self.
The furthest I've ridden is about 19 miles and felt it in every muscle I have. Practicality is a choice, couch potatoes would say, "of course not", too much body motion. But those that really want to get in shape and have a blast, ride a StreetStrider.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM

I also like the Trikke but never have ridden one. I'd like to though!

Old 05-04-2011, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,734 times
Default Trikke

Check out Blood Power. com. Many trikkers there, over 4,000 members in all states. Probably some close for a demo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness