Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Yes you are right. I will probably never lose weight. I am leaving this thread.
TreasuredJewel, don't give up.

Here's an idea:

Please keep track of every single thing you eat and drink for the next seven days, and post it here each day.

Remember to include glasses of water.

Also include all minor food items, such as ate a peach, or ate 4 strawberries.

You will need to obtain a small kitchen scale which measures in ounces, and a measuring cup which measures in both ounces and fractions of a cup (1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, etc).

Weigh and measure all your food before you eat, so your quantities are accurate, and write them down.

Please try to be as descriptive as possible about your food, and their portion sizes and weights.

Then post your daily counts here in this thread.

If you do the above, I will attempt to look up calories for you, and tell you how many calories you are consuming every day.

Then we can determine why you aren't losing weight.

Another thing you might want to also include is a description of the exercise you are doing each day, such as 20 minutes of brisk walking, 10 situps, etc. That way we can have an idea of what you are doing each day to burn calories.

Last edited by RD5050; 07-13-2011 at 09:04 AM..

Old 07-13-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
Haha the two geniuses who think they are diet experts in spite of 1 being currently fat and another only taking an interest in diet in the past 6 months think im a meany. you guys are full of crap. im not hurtful to anyone except you two because you two dont like it when someone points out that your diet advice is a bunch of bs. your little egoes got offended because you wanted to give advice you have no business giving.
You've been hurtful to several people in these exercise forums, and they themselves have told you so.

And the only one with an ego here is you.

Nobody else refers to themselves as "beefcake stud muffins".

Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
You've been hurtful to several people in these exercise forums, and they themselves have told you so.

And the only one with an ego here is you.

Nobody else refers to themselves as "beefcake stud muffins".
thats because nobody else is a beefcake stud muffin.

ill also note that you two are probably complete jerks in person and do nothing for anybody but you give a little online diet advice and you think you are saving the world and doing your good deed for the day.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity12 View Post
You are a purposely hurtful person who gets some kind of sick pleasure out of kicking people when they are down. I can't say that I know of anyone like you, in person or on these forums, with such a cruel streak. Say what you want about me - but don't make the mistake of thinking I'm one of those people who cares.
Agree 100% !!!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
thats because nobody else is a beefcake stud muffin.
It's because nobody else has an ego like yours, and feels the need to brag.

Quote:
ill also note that you two are probably complete jerks in person and do nothing for anybody but you give a little online diet advice and you think you are saving the world and doing your good deed for the day.
The word "probably" doesn't apply for you.

And you seem to come here for the sole purpose of making fun of people.

It's a sad way to live.

I can't imagine anyone would actually "want" someone like you for a friend.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
It's a sad way to live.
if living like me is sad then id hate to think what it must be like to be you.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 AM

507 posts, read 1,537,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Yes you are right. I will probably never lose weight. I am leaving this thread.
TJ, anyone can do almost anything if they put their mind to it, so don't give up. Don't let criticism hurt you, let it make you more determined.

I have a friend who had been obese for a very long time. She grew to accept it until some health issues came up that were a very real threat. We had some heart to heart talks about diet and losing weight. Turns out food for her was an addiction. I was able to relate because I have fought addictions in the past. People, in general, use different things to fill voids. For some that is food.

What worked for her, and made sense to me was to take a "one day at a time" approach. Forget "fast fix" and think consistency for better health. Make goals that are reasonable for you. As you accomplish those goals you will feel more empowered. You will start to get a feeling that you really do have control, and that will be a good feeling. THAT is what will keep you going.

Maybe a good start would be not to diet, but to get through the day without over-eating. Try to do this daily. Since you won't be dieting and starving yourself, your physical hunger should be satisfied. That will help, then you can set the goal not to over-eat for the day. If you find yourself reaching for extra stop and evaluate what is really going on in your head. This will help you to better understand your relationship with food. It will be during these times that you will exercise control and say- no I don't need the extra. I'm okay without it. Let something else fill that void that extra food would normally fill. Distract yourself with things you enjoy that don't involve food. A good movie, a talk with a friend, working in the garden, whatever works for you. If you go to bed at the end of the day and you did not over-eat for the day, then you are doing well. If you slip up, don't beat yourself up, just start again the next day. Do this for as long as necessary, until you gain some confidence and feel that sense of control so that you can begin to think about doing more. Keep in mind your body will be adjusting too, and that will also help. Maybe the next step could be to add a walk into your daily routine.

You can reach your goals by taking baby-steps one day at a time.

My friend is no longer obese, and health is much improved. She looks good and feels good. More importantly food no longer has that power over her. It didn't happen over night, but it happened and she is much, much happier.

You can do it too. Good luck

Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Please keep track of every single thing you eat and drink for the next seven days, and post it here each day.
this would be very interesting if she would be honest.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
Quote:
TreasuredJewel, don't give up.
I was really upset yesterday, I guess it must have been one of those things that are hard to deal with in the moment.

Quote:
Here's an idea:

Remember to include glasses of water.

Also include all minor food items, such as ate a peach, or ate 4 strawberries.
No problem, and I will be honest. I am online almost everyday.

Quote:
You will need to obtain a small kitchen scale which measures in ounces, and a measuring cup which measures in both ounces and fractions of a cup (1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, etc).

Weigh and measure all your food before you eat, so your quantities are accurate, and write them down.

Please try to be as descriptive as possible about your food, and their portion sizes and weights.

Then post your daily counts here in this thread.

If you do the above, I will attempt to look up calories for you, and tell you how many calories you are consuming every day.

Then we can determine why you aren't losing weight.

Another thing you might want to also include is a description of the exercise you are doing each day, such as 20 minutes of brisk walking, 10 situps, etc. That way we can have an idea of what you are doing each day to burn calories.
I don't have a kitchen scale but I do have measuring cups. I plan to start today, I will post what I ate after I finish dinner so around 5-8pm. My DVD player is broken, so I have asked my dad to get out the treadmill from the garage. But for right now I am just going to walk around the house. This house is a farm (50 acres) so I have plenty of room to walk.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:18 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,134 times
Hi Treasured Jewel, I haven't read through all of the pages on this thread, so y'all forgive me if this has already been posted.

For motivation, here is a link to a news story about Bree Boyce. She was just crowned Miss South Carolina & lost an astonishing 110 lbs. prior to the pageant. It took her three years to lose the weight by changing what she ate & incorporating exercise.

Bree Boyce, Miss South Carolina, on Weight Loss - ABC News

Best of luck!

Courtney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness