Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I was never roughhoused as a child. Never played sports or anything never wanted to either. Roughhosing is mainly for boys and tomboys (most girls grow out of it) I have 5 brothers when they were outside playing football or whatever I was always inside doing girl things like baking, sewing, or getting a manicure.I guess it depends on what environment you were raised in. I would never go "mountain biking." or 'mud bogging" (popular here).
No, when they played sports in PE you were probably one of those girls who just stood around like they were too good to get involved and rough-house with the boys. Maybe you're so adamant about being 'girly' because you resisted being a tomboy, growing up with 5 brothers.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:31 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,914,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
...I believe eating protein within 30 minutes after of doing weights helps to develop muscle. My husband told me this and I do a boiled egg and he does nuts and has sculpted toned muscles, for sure, whereas mine are hidden under some much needed future toning and weight regimen to come.
Yes I heard that. It's just that for some reason after I exercise I feel sick in the stomach/have no appetite.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 27 days ago)

2,002 posts, read 3,320,609 times
Nobody on here is going to convince the people who have their minds set.

I am 52 and overweight, and it doesnt cause me health problems. I DO want to lose some because i FEEL better physically when i weigh less. My health problems were caused by the job i did for 19 years. I see all my doctors for regular visits.

What is SO wrong with me liking my body, and other people liking it also? People like different things. Why do so many here want to force so many others to fit into some kind of mold?

Being active, eating healthy foods, and having other healthy habits is what counts to me. I lived enough years hating my body, and that's not a way to live life. Ask how many other women have lived that way - always waiting until they "lose weight" to do something or other. Or always looking at some other woman's body and thinking "if only..."

So much of the talk in this thread directly contributes to just that.
I dont live my life caring about what men want me to look like. And i've had plenty of them in my life - been married and divorced, engaged, in LTR's and other relationships. Had people love me; and some just wanna have fun. Obviously they liked me for some reason... thankfully. Somehow there were a few out there who werent shallow, I suppose.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 PM

464 posts, read 830,356 times
Default Catching up on the last couple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Although some women would risk losing their boobs just to be skinny. I would never be an AAA cup I would not feel like a woman. No knock on those woman who do wear AAA cups or are flatchested.
...of pages of postings, sweetie, and I can't help but notice your resounding focus on concern of downsizing your breast cup size. Don't do that to yourself, when (or if...it's up to you) you lose weight...you lose it all over...yep...all over...and from what I've seen from friends at 200+ that have slimmed down to like 130-140...their breasts ACTUALLY look bigger because they are not hidden behind and around all that fatty tissue.

Lose gradually and if you are exercising...it sounds like you just need to change that love of cooking into a HEALTHY love to cook thing...I know from growing up with and loving comfort food to this day.

Lastly, and not related to this exercise forum, is that your way of looking at things probably stunts you a bit...open that mind up just a little and you open the door for good things to come to you.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:54 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,736,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Glad you guys liked it! League, I know the women's muscles look bigger because they are flexed. Amazing dedication and discipline.
i think those girls in the vid had way too much muscle. Almost could not tell if some were actually women or not. Those thighs in around the beginning looked similar to that of a muscular mans and their stomachs too. Almost nasty/weird to be even looking at.

I find it weird that the "majority" of guys are attracted to that. but this is the fitness forum after all.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:59 PM

Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo61397 View Post
I run, bike, and swim, I don't lift, I look toned.
You should definitely look and feel toned...you go girl!

I had a co-worker who was 200+ and started all that for triathelon training and to get into shape--she did compete, placed and I believe eventually won some and ended up writing a book about it later, which although I have not read, I imagine would be very good.

Her name is Judy Molnar but I can't remember the name of the book but had to smile went I went to Barnes and Nobles and seen it out front in the center aisle and knowing Judy, it is a very inspirational, very funny, sometimes a little angry or a little sad...but always one to get it done and overcome.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 PM

Default Nothing wrong with liking the bodies we are in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
What is SO wrong with me liking my body, and other people liking it also?
...and it's 'feel good fuzzies' for us when others like our bodies also. However, this being a fitness forum...expect to be continuously bombarded with posters expressing 'to shape up and get fit'.

I can guarantee you that you would have less doctors' visits, regardless of what initially ailed you from work, if you lost a few pounds. It's about healthy now and healthy later, not what men think of us...that is simply a side benefit.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,736,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
No, when they played sports in PE you were probably one of those girls who just stood around like they were too good to get involved and rough-house with the boys. Maybe you're so adamant about being 'girly' because you resisted being a tomboy, growing up with 5 brothers.
I was still fat back then around 140lbs for junior high school age, early bloomer i guess. They had boys and girls seperated and they guys would just play basketball or football all day everyday would think it would have gotten boring. Even then the girls were doing feminine exercise like double dutch or just sitting on the bleachers.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Default Mmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes I heard that. It's just that for some reason after I exercise I feel sick in the stomach/have no appetite.
...my husband does not eat before but I have something light about 25-30 min. before so I don't get a headache or feel depleted in the middle...maybe that may work for you too.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 27 days ago)

2,002 posts, read 3,320,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
...and it's 'feel good fuzzies' for us when others like our bodies also. However, this being a fitness forum...expect to be continuously bombarded with posters expressing 'to shape up and get fit'.

I can guarantee you that you would have less doctors' visits, regardless of what initially ailed you from work, if you lost a few pounds. It's about healthy now and healthy later, not what men think of us...that is simply a side benefit.
I know it's a fitness forum.

I just originally was answering the OP's question - way back when before the thread just became a back-and-forth between a few people about why women SHOULD be fit, HAVE to be fit, etc.

And the 'what men like' stuff is thru and thru in this thread... that is why i commented on that. It's not a 'feel good fuzzie' for me if they like my body, it's part of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.