Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:23 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Often look at heavy smokers and think it must take great effort being a smoker these days.

You have :

Constant Smell and Stink of hair, clothes - not to mention what their houses and cars must be like!
~ I wash my clothes and my hair. I don't smoke in the house or any vehicles.
Smokers generally look older, and have aged more
That's ridiculous and wrong.
Health Damage, and continuing health damage, plus higher risk of every disease.
~ Not true. Higher risk of some diseases, perhaps.
Anti Smoking Campaigns on TV etc - constant propaganda against smoking
? What? ......So? What's your point? I've also got PETA telling me not to go have KFC!
Non Smokers looking down their nose you.
~ Who gives a rat's a$$! Don't come around me if they feel that way.
At work, going out to smoke then coming back stinking of smoke, plus people making remarks your not working
~ Screw them.
Waking up with a cough, and wheezing all the time
having to go outside to smoke on a nightout,
I don't do that. I don't ever smoke where it will bother others, either.
Smoker will literally go out and smoke in ANY weather ! How pathetic!
Nahhh. Pathetic is being afraid to appreciate the rain. Smoking is irrelevant to whether you don't mind the rain or not.
Being worried about a long flight without cigarettes
~ I don't fly. To me, that is more of a risk than smoking. I sure wouldn't knock anyone for flying.
Or not being able to buy cigarettes for prolonged period
~ Huh? Why would someone not be able to buy cigarettes? They're widely available....

All for a little buzz of nicotine.
~ Buzz? What "buzz"? ....

It just proves how easily people can be brainwashed by advertisers into taking up, and continuing with harmful, and dirty habit, and paying lots for the privilege - I say this as being some who used to smoke - There is no addiction, your just enjoy it like a fat person who enjoys eating too much
~ LOL! You're so wrong and here you are, flaunting it.

This addiction is typical of people who don't take responsibility for their actions, their "addicted", its not their fault - so can't go without smoking on a long flight - but can sleep for more than 8 hours without smoking.
~ You're a regular riot, Mikey....a riot!

To be honest I don't hate smokers - I feel sorry for them that they have been brainwashed into believing their are addicted.
~ To be equally honest, us smokers don't give a crap what you think!

I'm not brainwashed, Mikey. So don't you worry about me or the others that like to smoke. We'll do what we want to do, just like you do. It's our freedom and our right.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ To be equally honest, us smokers don't give a crap what you think!

I'm not brainwashed, Mikey. So don't you worry about me or the others that like to smoke. We'll do what we want to do, just like you do. It's our freedom and our right.
OK then - I'll leave you to your smelly little world.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Well, you don't have to be a jerk about it, Mikey - I live in the same world that you do.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
I can read up about it all day - the point are smokers really "addicted" - I don't believe they are, its more of a habit that is mildly addictive. Are you telling me they are a heroin addict or something - completely helpless - like a week without smoking and they would go into mental breakdown - I don't think so.

For gods sake stop making excuses, your not addicted, your just enjoy it - You'd be better saying I just enjoy it, than coming out with some brainwashed rubbish about being "addicted" - Totally Pathetic!!!!!!!
yes quitting smoking is as hard and as addicitve as getting off hard core drugs. people have physical withdrawal that is so hard most can't do it successfully. which is why they have quit smoking aids such as the patch and pills. your refusal to believe that smoking is addictive and difficult to quit is burying your head in the sand. not liking smoking is one thing but to not have any empathy for an addicted smoker is something else all together

Old 09-20-2011, 02:00 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
yes quitting smoking is as hard and as addicitve as getting off hard core drugs. people have physical withdrawal that is so hard most can't do it successfully. which is why they have quit smoking aids such as the patch and pills. your refusal to believe that smoking is addictive and difficult to quit is burying your head in the sand. not liking smoking is one thing but to not have any empathy for an addicted smoker is something else all together
I would be willing to bet that empathy was the furthest thing from the OPs mind.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:15 PM

438 posts, read 1,699,487 times
Quote:
Wait a second KingMikey....aren't you the one who also started this thread on losing weight? So you AREN'T a perfect human being after all??

//www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...lus-fruit.html

I would also like to quote one of your lines in case you forgot from your thread...

"Thats very true - its amazing the people who will actually attack you for being overweight - often don't want you to lose weight for fear of you looking better than them.

We live in a society of naysayers who love nothing more than to discourage, and disillusion others."

You should try and live by your words KingMikey instead of flaming people for smoking

Old 09-20-2011, 02:21 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,968,564 times
what I dont understand about smokers is the reason they got started in the first place.....that is what is so stupid. Especially in young people, that is the people I view as the idiots, because they knew of the addictiveness and the effect it can have on a person's health yet they still made the choice to start smoking. Not saying they dont have the freedom to make that choice, because they do, but dont expect me to feel sorry for them when they get cancer, because I wont.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:46 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner0325 View Post
Wait a second KingMikey....aren't you the one who also started this thread on losing weight? So you AREN'T a perfect human being after all??

//www.city-data.com/forum/diet-...lus-fruit.html

I would also like to quote one of your lines in case you forgot from your thread...

"Thats very true - its amazing the people who will actually attack you for being overweight - often don't want you to lose weight for fear of you looking better than them.

We live in a society of naysayers who love nothing more than to discourage, and disillusion others."

You should try and live by your words KingMikey instead of flaming people for smoking

Well there is difference - eating is a natural activity - and animals can get overweight.

Chain smoking is not... Look its your choice to smoke no one is saying that you can't its legal.

I just object to smokers playing this helpless thing of being addicted - like its not their responsibility - I far rather they do it because they enjoy it.

Hey maybe - that means I am "addicted" to junk food and surfing the net... not my responsibility I am just a helpless addict.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:00 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,092,524 times
Cigarettes are dirty...snus and the occasional cigar are the way to go. Nicotine is the best drug on earth. Don't hate...

Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
what I dont understand about smokers is the reason they got started in the first place.....that is what is so stupid. Especially in young people, that is the people I view as the idiots, because they knew of the addictiveness and the effect it can have on a person's health yet they still made the choice to start smoking. Not saying they dont have the freedom to make that choice, because they do, but dont expect me to feel sorry for them when they get cancer, because I wont.
Well, allrighty then. But if you ever do have an interest in understanding why young people start smoking, Malcolm Gladwell addresses one theory in his book The Tipping Point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness