Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times

Advertisements

And please tell us it's at least diet pop and not regular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 11:22 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea13 View Post
No physical changes that I can see (kind of soon I suppose) but I did lose 3lbs this past week. Spent the weekend making and freezing chicken vegetable soup and will be do other soups in the next couple weeks. Kind of a weapon against fast or processed food on those crazy nights when we'll need a quick meal. With daughter back to school and winter snowstorms coming in the next few months, better to be prepared.

Lowered my soda consumption from about 9-10 cans per day to 3-4. Fighting killer headaches and will give it up when the headaches aren't as bad (I'm prone to migraines so I don't want to push my luck).
Have you been having more restful nights? 9-10 cans of soda a day could certainly disrupt normal sleeping patterns.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Have you been having more restful nights? 9-10 cans of soda a day could certainly disrupt normal sleeping patterns.
No one drinks 9-10 sodas a day. NO ONE!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:35 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
No one drinks 9-10 sodas a day. NO ONE!!!
My aunt could go through a 12 pack of soda in a day. My dad used to drink nothing but soda and coffee. Now he has replaced the soda with juice but he still doesn't drink water.

There are a lot of people out there who replace water with soda or other drinks.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
My aunt could go through a 12 pack of soda in a day. My dad used to drink nothing but soda and coffee. Now he has replaced the soda with juice but he still doesn't drink water.

There are a lot of people out there who replace water with soda or other drinks.
Wow. How could anyone (other than super active teenagers) drink that much soda and survive? Still, even when I was a teen, I'd never drink more than 2-3 sodas per week or maybe 1-2 Big Gulps.

That is just horrible. Its safe to say that if a person drinks that much soda, they are NOT fit!!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:40 PM

438 posts, read 1,730,999 times
Regular Coke. Sweeteners in diet are a migraine trigger for me. It's what I drink as soon as I get up and pretty much all I drink except for tea. Trying to replace the soda with unsweetened tea and some water (tea for the caffeine to help with headaches).

My husband died 8 months ago and I gave in to stress and pretty much soda was my crutch for getting through what needed to get done. Things have slowed down now. I'm in a much better place mentally now, my daughter's doing great, and I'm almost through the legal crud. My weight has stayed consistent the past few years. I've only had one soda today - which for me is great. Otherwise I had 1% milk (I never drink milk) and water. Headache is pretty bad though. I really am trying.

I'm not sleeping better. But I think that will happen after I'm away from the soda a little longer. Also, I think I'm going to try doing cardio closer to bedtime, maybe it will relax me more.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea13 View Post
Regular Coke. .
That is a LOT of sugar. You trying to join your husband? 9-10 cans of coke is the same as you eating 90-100 cubes of sugar in ONE DAY. "Cutting back" to 3-4 cans per day is still 30-40 cubes of sugar. That is horrible. You must have a host of medical issues (as well as weight problems), if not, you can definitely expect them to appear real soon.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:02 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
4 cans of regular Coke is almost 600 empty calories a day, 4000+ calories a week. You'd lose a lot of weight by just cutting those out. Take an Excedrin for the caffeine headaches until you wean yourself off.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-26-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 PM

My husband was bipolar and committed suicide, but I understand what you're saying. I don't have any health issues at this time. Bloodwork, stress tests, blood pressure, etc I pass with flying colors. Only med I take is for reflux. (I'm a 13yr breast cancer survivor and radiation damaged my heart but once they fixed that issue, I've had a clean bill of health on my heart and blood pressure is actually borderline low) I'm very active with my 11 yr old (rollerskating, iceskating, WII dance, etc). My diet is horrible and that I'm working on. My daughter's diet is wonderful and basically I need to eat what I feed her (she's big on fresh veggies, stir fry, homemade soup - last night she chose raw green beans as her snack for when we watched a movie. Time to practice what I've taught her).

After work I work out (I get home before she does) then generally help her with homework while making dinner, then when she's eating I'm going through mail, paying bills, doing dishes, taking care of the dog, etc so I have time to do things with her in the evening. I generally grab something quick after she goes to bed. Now we're changing things so I sit and eat dinner with her. And she's helping with small things around the house. So far, so good.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
4 cans of regular Coke is almost 600 empty calories a day, 4000+ calories a week. You'd lose a lot of weight by just cutting those out. Take an Excedrin for the caffeine headaches until you wean yourself off.
You're right. Excedrin is great for caffeine headaches. I forgot about that. I'll pick some up on the way to daughter's guitar lessons tonight. Thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness