Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
But do you speak to yourself like De Niro?
Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
For the life of me, I never knew so many folks are averse to mirrors. Do you ever comb your hairs at least?
nope. my hair is short enough that it hasnt seen a comb in many years. just a quick brush with the hand does the job. but now i see how someone with longer hair may want to check the mirror more frequently to make sure their luscious hairs are all in place.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
First, I'm sorry you got beat up, even though it sounds like it might be some sort of transformative event for you.

Second, when I see myself in the mirror at the gym it just reminds me that I'm 3 months shy of turning 50 years old. It's always a shock because I feel 25 on the inside but the mirror doesn't lie. I'm on my way to being a skinny ol' lady. I'm not really complaining, but it's just funny how age creeps up on you.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:57 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
the people in my gym are pretty ugly. i think i might be the best looking guy in there most times im there. but that doesnt mean i enjoy looking at myself, it means everyone else enjoys looking at me.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:43 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I am so beautiful.......and always highly perfumed, cannot get enough of myself.

But I stopped going to the gym and admiring myself in the mirror. Could not really go anymore...........young ladies gawking at me.........sometimes following me......really creeped me out.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:16 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I am so beautiful.......and always highly perfumed, cannot get enough of myself.

But I stopped going to the gym and admiring myself in the mirror. Could not really go anymore...........young ladies gawking at me.........sometimes following me......really creeped me out.
LOL. Yeah, thats why I stopped going to the gym. So many weirdo women staring and leering. Then they like to walk by like proud birds flaunting their firm toned round bubbly perfectly shapped bottoms, and try to strike up conversations with you and stuff like that. Creepy. Just kidding.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the people in my gym are pretty ugly. i think i might be the best looking guy in there most times im there.
Wish that was the case at the Equinox Fitness near me. I am a pretty darned good looking guy. Heck, in the midwest or south, I'd be considered a 10 (actually, in the midwest and south most guys with all their teeth and at least 9th grade education are considered tens) but at my gym, there are just SOOOOOOOO many beautiful people its amazing. The trainers, the customers, even the cleaning crew are good looking. Yeah its a rather expensive gym compared to 24hr fitness and such, and has the likes of The Rock, the Kardashians, Beckett from Castle, etc. working out there, but even those celebs are the ugly ones when they workout there.

Dude, its fricken amazing the hotties you see there.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:29 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Wish that was the case at the Equinox Fitness near me. I am a pretty darned good looking guy. Heck, in the midwest or south, I'd be considered a 10 (actually, in the midwest and south most guys with all their teeth and at least 9th grade education are considered tens) but at my gym, there are just SOOOOOOOO many beautiful people its amazing. The trainers, the customers, even the cleaning crew are good looking. Yeah its a rather expensive gym compared to 24hr fitness and such, and has the likes of The Rock, the Kardashians, Beckett from Castle, etc. working out there, but even those celebs are the ugly ones when they workout there.

Dude, its fricken amazing the hotties you see there.
Lao, does it ever strike you that they are always ugly and that it's the photoshop which makes them look good?

Ordinary people are prettier than these characters. When they come out of their house without make up and such, their bizarre plastic surgery shows up. It's the Mike Jackson effect.

To me, non celebrity people are hotter, becoz they naturally look good and they do it for themselves, for the opposite sex and not for tv.

Equinox is one of my gyms and I was actually talking about Equinox in the OP. That's where I do my morning workouts, unless it's late in the night and I have to crash into LA Fitness. Equinox has mirrors everywhere. I once ran into Terry Crews. Unlike the movies, he doesn't look that big. Dunno what camera tricks they employed in Norbit

Maybe it's the East Coast - Equinox is full of cougars and wrinkled hags, wives and mistresses of wall street fat cats LA Fitness has the babes. Let's not forget the babes have an average of 75K student loans stacked on their cute shoulders. Equinox is out of their reach.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Lao, does it ever strike you that they are always ugly and that it's the photoshop which makes them look good?

Ordinary people are prettier than these characters. When they come out of their house without make up and such, their bizarre plastic surgery shows up. It's the Mike Jackson effect.

To me, non celebrity people are hotter, becoz they naturally look good and they do it for themselves, for the opposite sex and not for tv.

Equinox is one of my gyms and I was actually talking about Equinox in the OP. That's where I do my morning workouts, unless it's late in the night and I have to crash into LA Fitness. Equinox has mirrors everywhere. I once ran into Terry Crews. Unlike the movies, he doesn't look that big. Dunno what camera tricks they employed in Norbit

Maybe it's the East Coast - Equinox is full of cougars and wrinkled hags, wives and mistresses of wall street fat cats LA Fitness has the babes. Let's not forget the babes have an average of 75K student loans stacked on their cute shoulders. Equinox is out of their reach.
The people I mentioned still look good. Kim Kardashian is 10x better looking in person without all the makeup she wears on the show. I kid you not, that girl in real life is just flat out more beautiful that most women you'll ever see walking around even here in Los Angeles.

Equinox Woodland Hills, West Hollywood and Pasadena are places where you will ALWAYS find the most beautiful people ever. Crossfit gyms are where you'll find natural beauties who are REALLY in to their fitness and not just trying to look good to get into movies.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:48 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
The people I mentioned still look good. Kim Kardashian is 10x better looking in person without all the makeup she wears on the show. I kid you not, that girl in real life is just flat out more beautiful that most women you'll ever see walking around even here in Los Angeles.

Equinox Woodland Hills, West Hollywood and Pasadena are places where you will ALWAYS find the most beautiful people ever. Crossfit gyms are where you'll find natural beauties who are REALLY in to their fitness and not just trying to look good to get into movies.
I have an all membership Equinox pass. I think I can go to any Equinox in LA or Hollywood, if I ever make a vacation trip. So I'll check how hot it is.

But I have been to many of their clubs in the NY area - Manhattan, Long Island, CT and Westchester county - it's completely infested with extremely wealthy cougars, older women and wall street type of guys. And barring the cougars, everybody is in regular human shape - not really well built or fit on average. I remember I saw more muscular guys in Colorado.

Like I said, must be an East Coast thing. LA fitness has the hot younger girls. But LA fitness also invites the riff-raff and scum of society, tattooed thugs and tramp stamp women

Dunno about Kim, man. The only thing I like about her is her bum. If they serve it to me on a platter, I'll devour it like chicken piccata

But after I learned she got bum implants, I thought I'd go eat real chicken piccata LMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness