Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,725,339 times

Advertisements

I just had to post this..It never fails...no matter what gym I go to..there is always..at least one guy in the gym making grunts and breathing so hard that I want to bust out in laughter..I mean they sound like a bull during mating season excpet of course they are lifting..this morning the guy I was training wanted so BAD to go ask the guy if he need an oxygen mask...anyone else see this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 10:57 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,036,257 times
lmao! That is funny.
There is this weird guy that comes into the fitness room of my apartment complex every once in a while. He will go on a bike for 2 minutes, get off, sit on the weight bench for a minute but not lift any weights, get off, and then run the treadmill (without being on it) as fast as it can go for 3-4 minutes. Then he leaves. I am not sure if he is nuts or what, but I'm afraid to say something to him.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:11 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,948,123 times
christina0001 wrote: I'm afraid to say something to him.

If you weren't afraid, what would you like to say to him?

blessings...Frtanco

Old 08-23-2007, 11:28 AM

3,080 posts, read 11,038,121 times
There are so many people in the weight room on freeweights and machines who have no idea what they are doing that it scares me. I see people who make their whole routine nothing but a bunch of bouncing, hypertension, and ultra-fast reps. I cringe every time I see someone do 5 reps in about 3 seconds. A lot of these people are willing to talk about weightlifting and take some advice (like going to see a trainer before starting a workout routine) so sometimes it's good to try to strike up a conversation and gently steer them in the right direction if you can.

I've seen guys shout, blow, or chuff out the last 1 or 2 reps of their max weight, but grunting and straining with every motion is just kind of silly, IMO.

Heh heh. I used to work out at the company gym just before close when it was usually just me and my friend in there. We'd go up front, plug his MP3 player into the intercom system, and blast uncensored Aggrotech or Powernoise over the weight room's speakers. Occasionally someone else would come in, but they usually left before we could switch it back to the regular radio, so it's not like I've never done anything annoying to other gym members, myself.

Now it's just headphones and my bicycle, I'm afraid. *sigh*

Old 08-23-2007, 11:50 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,948,123 times
Default B-I-G is manly!

sponger42 wrote:
There are so many people in the weight room on freeweights and machines who have no idea what they are doing that it scares me. I see people who make their whole routine nothing but a bunch of bouncing, hypertension, and ultra-fast reps.
Yeah, and alot of those guys are big, overweight guys with shaved, bulky bodies and no definition. Their mantra being, B-I-G is manly! If they ever did a strict repetition that actually isolated the muscle they are trying to exercise, the weight they use would drop in half ... or less.

regards...Franco

Old 08-23-2007, 12:06 PM

186 posts, read 351,207 times
I hold all my grunts in during the gym and release them at night

Old 08-23-2007, 12:52 PM

3,080 posts, read 11,038,121 times
I meant to type "hyperextension" . but yeah.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:55 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,038,297 times
omg the guy next to me in cycling class does that .
You don't know how much I want to ask him if he needs some privacy. Or when the class is over give him a wink and ask "was that good for you"

karla

Old 08-23-2007, 01:37 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,312,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I just had to post this..It never fails...no matter what gym I go to..there is always..at least one guy in the gym making grunts and breathing so hard that I want to bust out in laughter..I mean they sound like a bull during mating season excpet of course they are lifting..this morning the guy I was training wanted so BAD to go ask the guy if he need an oxygen mask...anyone else see this?
LOL! yep, on the track.... I sometimes do crack up - too funny.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 PM

194 posts, read 1,026,905 times
It doesn't really bother me but it's funny. Now imagine someone is grunting, breathing hard, and is singing some stupig love song. That's what makes me laugh a LOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness