Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 01:02 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Only 1 drumstick? It sounds like you eat like a 8 yr old. "Portion sizes" are not enough to fill someone up. Everyone else can eat at mcdonalds and never gain weight and I want to do that too.
Im willing to bet that drumstick was FRIED!! Fried chicken is NOT good. Fried anything is not good.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Everyone else can eat at mcdonalds and never gain weight and I want to do that too.
yeah, thats why when i walk into mcdonalds all the people eating there are so skinny.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im willing to bet that drumstick was FRIED!! Fried chicken is NOT good. Fried anything is not good.
What's wrong with something fried? As long as it's not coated with carbs and is done correctly, I'm down with it.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Y'all can keep trying to help TJ, but I still don't think she's an impoverished 18-year-old girl, living on a farm in Alabama, who barely graduated from high school. I don't know who "she" is, but her posts do not add up. Look at her vocabulary, writing style and general attitude and compare it to that of any 18-year-old you've ever known. Throw in the other factors and think about it--none of it seems consistent.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:08 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Y'all can keep trying to help TJ, but I still don't think she's an impoverished 18-year-old girl, living on a farm in Alabama, who barely graduated from high school. I don't know who "she" is, but her posts do not add up. Look at her vocabulary, writing style and general attitude and compare it to that of any 18-year-old you've ever known. Throw in the other factors and think about it--none of it seems consistent.
A testament to our system of public education.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:32 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
Quote:
I exercise for an hour. And still barely lose weight.

I had 3 chicken legs I will say a cup of fries, they were really small wedges actually (homemade, not fried put into the oven with a little garlic salt & ketchup) and I had a bottle of orange soda and water to drink.

Looks like you eat more than I do during the week. And it looks like you dont eat enough real food too.

What does this have to do with weight loss? If it helps, I only have a BM once a week or once every two weeks.

Maybe it isn't fat, after all. Just sayin'

Old 11-21-2011, 02:37 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
[/b]

Maybe it isn't fat, after all. Just sayin'
haha, once every 1 or 2 weeks is definitely a problem.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Only 1 drumstick? It sounds like you eat like a 8 yr old. "Portion sizes" are not enough to fill someone up. Everyone else can eat at mcdonalds and never gain weight and I want to do that too.
NO ONE can consistently eat at McDonald's and not gain weight.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:54 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Yes probably.

Breakfast I had 2 scrmbled eggs 2 slices of bacon anda piece of toast. 2 doughnuts

Doughnuts are not even IN my food log application. I conservatively calculated a single pat of butter to cook your eggs and butter your toast. I conservatively calculated with a relatively low calorie donut. That is an over 1,000 calorie breakfast. My entire daily allotment of calories is 1200. For the entire DAY. Yours should probably be something like 1500.

Quote:
Skipped lunch
Bad idea. But you probably know this.

Quote:
Dinner was baked chicken legs french fries and a tiny chicken salad w low at ranch dressing what about you
How many baked chicken legs? French fries and chicken salad. Seriously and you want anyone to believe you really care about losing weight? Have you noticed that you are not eating ANY fruits and vegetables? If you want to lose weight on nothing but crap food you are going to have to

- eat next to nothing
- feel starving most of the time.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:08 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Doughnuts are not even IN my food log application. I conservatively calculated a single pat of butter to cook your eggs and butter your toast. I conservatively calculated with a relatively low calorie donut. That is an over 1,000 calorie breakfast. My entire daily allotment of calories is 1200. For the entire DAY. Yours should probably be something like 1500.

Bad idea. But you probably know this.

How many baked chicken legs? French fries and chicken salad. Seriously and you want anyone to believe you really care about losing weight? Have you noticed that you are not eating ANY fruits and vegetables? If you want to lose weight on nothing but crap food you are going to have to

- eat next to nothing
- feel starving most of the time.
I think this is the problem with a lot of overweight people who make excuses as to why they cannot lose weight. They either don't know squat about nutrition or they are in complete denial. Probably both.
Donuts are a waist of calories. They should not be on anyone's menu let alone someone trying to lose weight. Fast food of any kind should be avoided. And vegetables, fruits, whole grains and good fats MUST be included. Its a lifestyle change and sacrifices need to be made. But most people have a hard time wrapping their brain around that concept.
The thing is a diet full of healthy foods is so much more filling and satisfying than donuts and other junk foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness