Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 01:20 PM

410 posts, read 742,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
This is drifting off topic but I would have loved to live with rich parents, gone to a private school, and be in college right now. But I will never be able to afford any of these things.

And I hope they do to so they can take care of me when I get old.
Guess what? I don't have rich parents. I have a full time job, pay to go to school part time, own a home and manage to do volunteer work several hours a week. If you put a little bit of effort into something you will get results. You can't depend on anyone but yourself to get the things that you want or need in life.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:33 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
Do you know where that money comes from? The government doesn't just print money and hand it out. Those of us that actually go to work everyday pay for that check that you get in the mail. That's why it matters.

Frankly, I don't believe that you cannot find a job. I believe that you simply will not. As you put it "it is just easier to get the check in the mail". You don't NEED government assistance.

I'm also curious how you have access to the internet so frequently if you depend on money from the government to support yourself.
I know where the money comes from. And it goes to needy families such as mine I didn't make the tax laws in this country.

Believe it or not last year I was on dial up connection. I just got fast speed internet this year. Our bill is less than $60 a month.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM

410 posts, read 742,904 times
Quote:
I know where the money comes from. And it goes to needy families such as mine I didn't make the tax laws in this country.

Believe it or not last year I was on dial up connection. I just got fast speed internet this year. Our bill is less than $60 a month.
That's still a lot of money for someone who claims to be needy. There is a huge difference between needy and lazy. Nothing irritates me more than someone who feels they are entitled to something without putting any effort or work into getting it.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:51 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
I do know for a fact as I am an RN there are 2 types of hypertension.
One is essential hypertension where they don't or can't identify a cause.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:07 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The trick is, people, increased physical activity.

Do everything you can, even if it means parking way away in the grocery store and running in.

If you want to eat well, increase physical activity by leaps and bounds.

Not for me..............lol, the more active I am, the more my hungryosity factor skyrockets...........the more I eat.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do know for a fact as I am an RN there are 2 types of hypertension.
One is essential hypertension where they don't or can't identify a cause.

Surely you're not arguing that being 100+ lbs overweight is helping her health, however?

It may or may not effect her blood pressure, but there's only one way to find out....

Old 11-02-2011, 04:42 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
This is drifting off topic but I would have loved to live with rich parents, gone to a private school, and be in college right now. But I will never be able to afford any of these things.

And I hope they do to so they can take care of me when I get old.
I keep responding but it nauseates me when black women accept a lifestlye of obesity and welfare, while claiming there's nothing to be done about it. My parents are not college graduates; they supported us as best they could but I still was on the reduced lunch plan in grade school. My first jib was putting alarms on clothing in a hot basement of a crappy retailer. I hated it, so that inspired me to do better. I started working as a teen, and went to a cheap state uni - and I had to work the entire time. Now I have a real career (not rich but I don't want for anything whatsoever), eat well, and I stay fit & healthy. If you have the time to post here, you have the time to work. telemarketing, data entry, mopping public toilets... You do what it takes. This is why you aren't losing the weight your doc proscribed: you aren't willing to do what it takes, not to earn a paycheck and not to save your life. It's very very sad.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I keep responding but it nauseates me when black women accept a lifestlye of obesity and welfare, while claiming there's nothing to be done about it. My parents are not college graduates; they supported us as best they could but I still was on the reduced lunch plan in grade school. My first jib was putting alarms on clothing in a hot basement of a crappy retailer. I hated it, so that inspired me to do better. I started working as a teen, and went to a cheap state uni - and I had to work the entire time. Now I have a real career (not rich but I don't want for anything whatsoever), eat well, and I stay fit & healthy. If you have the time to post here, you have the time to work. telemarketing, data entry, mopping public toilets... You do what it takes. This is why you aren't losing the weight your doc proscribed: you aren't willing to do what it takes, not to earn a paycheck and not to save your life. It's very very sad.
Honestly it should Nauseate you when anyone accepts a lifestyle of Obesity and Welfare. Jewels my love wealthy people "are"obsese just as people of poverty. I find it hard to believe your naivety toward Success and Poverty. Next for the "Nurse" which states she doesnt' believe your Grandfather lived well within his 70's proves your ignorance. It is not Uncommon to possess a patient well into their 70's with such health related alignments. Nurse, you are out of line for your comment, please refrain from projecting death,Nurse! Sincerely DR.Spree

Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,261,841 times
So TJ, what kind of future do you want? Are you going to perpetuate a mediocre standard of living or are you going to dig deep and start doing things to do better? Your approach to diet, working out and losing weight seems to permeate your whole life. It's too bad you cannot/will not find the determination to lose weight and become fit. Because it would probably have a really positive carry over effect that would motivate you to do other good things with your life.
It all start in your head with your mental approach. The it's too hard, it's too different, it's too unpleasant mental track that lets you justify giving up is your biggest obstacle. I am still and constantly working on mine, it seems to be a lifelong project. Getting fit was a definite help in thinking more positively. Yes, sometimes it's like housework-I would rather not work out. But like housework, I like the clean mind I get after a workout just like I like the clean house I get after housework!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:56 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
So TJ, what kind of future do you want? Are you going to perpetuate a mediocre standard of living or are you going to dig deep and start doing things to do better? Your approach to diet, working out and losing weight seems to permeate your whole life. It's too bad you cannot/will not find the determination to lose weight and become fit. Because it would probably have a really positive carry over effect that would motivate you to do other good things with your life.
It all start in your head with your mental approach. The it's too hard, it's too different, it's too unpleasant mental track that lets you justify giving up is your biggest obstacle. I am still and constantly working on mine, it seems to be a lifelong project. Getting fit was a definite help in thinking more positively. Yes, sometimes it's like housework-I would rather not work out. But like housework, I like the clean mind I get after a workout just like I like the clean house I get after housework!
I can't rep you, but great post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness