Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 12:03 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

What about hair on thighs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
i don't recommed anyone putting nair DOWN THERE. to sensative
If not Nair, then what would be a good alternative?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:42 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Do what you want to do. I would expect a cyclist go be bare and I wouldn't think it strange at all. If you are extremely hairy by nature I would think that grooming it down a bit would be considered good hygiene.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 AM

3 posts, read 5,595 times
Default Men who shave thier bodies

I am an older gay man who loves to shave my body and have been doing it for almost 28 years. L-o-o-ng before it was fashionable. I do it bacause I feel comfortable and clean afterwards. It does'nt make me any less of a man nor does it have anything to do with my homosexuality. It's just what makes me feel comfortable in my own skin and what I prefer in other men. I don't see what the big deal is,because it's just like shaving my face or brushing my teeth . I don't do it to please other people ,just myself. Although I do like it when others find it attractive.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 AM

Nothing but a good old razor, shaving cream and lot's of care. Or if you prefer, you can use an electric razor made [i] specifically for shaving the body. There are a couple good ones out there just for that. Either way, be very careful.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
If not Nair, then what would be a good alternative?
A good old razor, shaving cream, and lots of care. Or you could use an electric razor made specifically for shaving the body. There are a couple good ones out there. Either way, be very, very careful.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:35 AM

4 posts, read 3,755 times
I just google'd something about shaving hair, and this thread popped up. As a man that is in fairly good shape - I wanted to see women's opinions on man hair.

Me personally, the only thing I trim is my chest and arm hair. I absolutely hate my arm hair - it's very thick in my forearms and very uncomfortable in the summertime when I go for runs. It flairs up and gets sweaty. I just hate it. I don't think I'm any less manly by getting rid of it. I have strong arms so I think it gives me way better definition. I wouldn't ever shave my chest down to the skin - i always leave a little bit of hair there because it just seems like a better look to me. And comfort wise, it doesn't bother me.

But arm hair - absolutely I get rid of it. I don't like arm hair on girls either. Nor vag hair. Maybe it's just a personal preference.

Leg hair i keep that. I have dark hair, so even if I trimmed it it would still show up. I've never had any complaints. I don't even think most women look at a man's legs to be honest.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:17 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Every time I see muscular men in muscle and fitness mags, they never have any body hair.

Neither do the majority of muscular men who appear in ads for clothing and colognes.

I personally like this hairless look myself.

I think it makes men look more youthful, and shows greater muscle definition.

I don't think the shaven body look is good for all men, but for those who work hard at developing muscular bodies.

How many men here who regularly exercise and lift weights also shave their body hair?

Do you women prefer men with hairy bodies, or do you prefer the look of a hairless muscular chest?
I have shaved mine, but when it grows back, it itches like a

Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Currently quite hairless, it is a good fit during this hot, greasy, summer weather.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:50 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Sometimes I will give myself the ole sheep shear with my hair clippers. Shaving with a razor is usually too much work to bother with and same with waxing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness