Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
How about instead of eating bad food like chips and cakes, take carrots and celery and fruits with you to work. When you're bored, snack on those. They aren't bad for you, and they help get your daily fruits/vegetables.
Carrots and celery are fine but you may rebel at their boringness. Carrots dipped in hummus is good though as well as celery and peanut butter. I like to snack on nuts, or a half on an avocado, or some greek yogurt.
A little fat in your snack will help satiate you and carry you to your next meal, plus it tastes good and is good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Carrots and celery are fine but you may rebel at their boringness. Carrots dipped in hummus is good though as well as celery and peanut butter. I like to snack on nuts, or a half on an avocado, or some greek yogurt.
A little fat in your snack will help satiate you and carry you to your next meal, plus it tastes good and is good for you.

That's something I tend to run into is I feel like I'm eating bland foods after a while. I start craving something more. I have done things like freeze a bannana or two and take that to work, or eat run while I'm doing things around the house. Like I said in another post I'm a picky eating when it comes to food's which make's all this harder.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
[quote=reed067;22704992]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia;22699236

Why not read? [B
I read 90% of the time when I'm at work reading is a hobby of mine.[/b]

Why not do desk exercises? I work as a security guard I'm limited to how much I'm able to walk because of the weather, but I do walk when able.

Why not pack only veggies for snacking? (you could get all your veggie servings in at this time in snacks)
Latley I have been I've learned not to take cash with me so I stay out of the snack machine. But I have been doing that of late.

Why does the graveyard shift cause a problem?

Here are the hours I work and I know they are unheathly but right now it's work. Mon-thurs 10:45-5. Friday 11:30 am-5pm. Off Sat
Sunday 8pm-5 am.
Snack suggestion to add:
Dried Vegetables - Just Tomatoes, Etc.!

And it doesn't have to be just veggies. Start collection healthy snack ideas and in proper portions. They have sweet and salty alternatives for pretty much anything you want.

That schedule does what though exactly? You just need a minimum of 20 minutes of cardio a day for basic. You can even break it up into two 10 minute sessions. That is perfect when you are crammed for time. Then you can add 5 more minutes here and there when you get in better shape.

Strength training also can be broken up. If you don't mind getting bigger and are in ok shape already why not try the tactic of lifting heavy 1-2 days a week? (you need the rest period in between to heal and grow)

p.s.
http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2010/06...lthiest-snacks
mega snack list. While I won't agree that they are the healthiest but they are healthier and have the calories right along side so it makes it easy to pick out a snack in balance with your total daily intake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness