Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times

Advertisements

What's this "Crossfit prices, Crossfit prices"?

Me and a buddy of mine got some tires, rope, Sledge Hammers, old Basketballs filled with sand, rocks, and kettlebells and went to work.

minimal cost or scrounged items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,397 times
Uh, the "crossfit prices", is how much is costs to work out at a crossfit gym.

What's your question?

-----------------------------------------------
Monthly membership – $135
6 month membership – $729 (10% off)
Drop-in fees – $15 per class
Private training – $65 per hour

Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Uh, the "crossfit prices", is how much is costs to work out at a crossfit gym.

What's your question?

-----------------------------------------------
Monthly membership – $135
6 month membership – $729 (10% off)
Drop-in fees – $15 per class
Private training – $65 per hour

I started crossfit in the grass of my Apartment complex.

No need for a Gym.

Seems the issues are:
1. Trainers
2. Gym

Not Crossfit itself.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM

Yeah, great I don't care. Didn't ask. You asked however, what was meant by crossfit prices. I explained. You repeated with some information about your home gym that I don't care about.

All I said was that crossfit is expensive.

I'm well aware that it's possible to obtain a 'crossfit' environment in ones own living space (rosstraining.com ... has been around longer than crossfit).

Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 PM

"However, in an effort to be concise we’ll just describe it as a functional fitness program modeled on ancestral living. The idea behind this whole ancestral thing is that humans evolved to maintain an extremely varied fitness"- About CrossFit | Sandia CrossFit

This deserves it's own thread, but the mod SS will probably delete it. So, I'll incorporate.

Ancestral living? Paleo diet? Yeah ok. So, our ancestors lived off vast fields of fruit and nuts, thousands of years ago. Humans evolve. Humans change.

On the website he mentioned humans had to throw spears to eat for the week. They had to survive. So, functional fitness to crossfit is climbing ropes, sledging, and carrying sleds. Most crossfit type people don't do any of this in the real world. If they did, they would already be good at it, much like our ancestors that were good at throwing spears because it's all they did. Yes, we live in a world of staplers, paper cuts, and drive throughs. With that said, if the average person wants general fitness - crossfit goes above and beyond. I don't agree with their method at all. But, you know -- I'm not business savvy enough to come up with my own model of fitness to attract thousands of people. Maybe I might, one day. But, in today's fitness world--it seems that crossfit has been the most effective way at training people. To the rest of the fitness world (Serious powerlifters, oly lifters, athletes), they will train as they did.

Edit: for eight dollars, this is all I'm getting? http://stevesoriginal.com/images/upl...ngredients.pdf .... yeh I'll go out and by Planters trail mix. . . and I guarantee I'm in better health and physical shape than those taking 'paleo kits' for 8$.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah, great I don't care. Didn't ask. You asked however, what was meant by crossfit prices. I explained. You repeated with some information about your home gym that I don't care about.

All I said was that crossfit is expensive.

I'm well aware that it's possible to obtain a 'crossfit' environment in ones own living space (rosstraining.com ... has been around longer than crossfit).
By your own admition, crossfit is not expensive, Going to a Gym and paying some guy to tell you what you can learn online and by doing it yourself is!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Uh, no.... I never said that. You are implying that I said that. You need to learn reading comprehension.

And I don't see how you highlighting random bits from my post end up to that conclusion.

If I need to clear things up, in this case I do, crossfit is expensive. Personal trainers are expensive.

You happy?

edit: Crossfit GYMS are expensive.

Last edited by td333; 02-10-2012 at 11:14 PM..

Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Uh, no.... I never said that. You are implying that I said that. You need to learn reading comprehension.

And I don't see how you highlighting random bits from my post end up to that conclusion.

If I need to clear things up, in this case I do, crossfit is expensive. Personal trainers are expensive.

You happy?
You recognized that I did Crossfit

You recognized I did it at low cost. (And said you did not care)

You stated that trainers and gym memberships were expensive.

Ergo... my statement.

And my Reading comprehension is fine.

Crossfit is NOT expensive.
Gyms don't have to be. (Last one I belonged to was $35/ Month and I had a Key and 24/7 access.)

Private lessons/trainers are expensive, and some gyms CAN BE.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 PM

I never said gym memberships were expensive. That chart I posted was a crossfit gym. Most gyms are not expensive. I pay 21$ a month for my membership. Maybe your lack of reading comprehension entails not realizing that I am tried to convey (based on that chart) that crossfit memberships (to crossfit gyms) are expensive.

What is wrong with you people..

Old 02-11-2012, 12:22 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
well is that 135 a month for unlimited crossfit classes? Or do you have to pay for the classes too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness