Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:14 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times

Advertisements

Nutritionists Say ?Human Hourglass? Model Is Lying About Her Diet - Softpedia

There is a thread in the fashion forum on this chick because she is so shockingly tiny. (20'' waist)

I just wanted to share this here as a nutritionist speaks about metabolisms and body mass. Its one of those excuses that need to be thrown out the window as to why one can't lose weight. Slower metabolisms are not that extreme unless you are in a diseased state. And if you just have a slow metabolisms it just means it may take you longer to get from point a to point b. Doesn't mean it can't happen. It will just happen more slowly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 10:17 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
Excellent points! A slow metabolism is something which definitely can be transcended with a bit of effort.

As for the model in question:

How old is she?

Is there any independent verification from trustworthy entities of her diet/lifestyle?

Is she actually 'Romanian', or one of the sort of ersatz "Romanians" currently eating all the Swans in England's parks (leaves more 'Dole' money for booze and drugs), and squatting in people's houses (in 'Great' Britain's insane legal climate, you can't get them out, until they've had a chance to go through your possessions, wreck your house, and run up your electric bills)? Just wondering about her personal standards of honesty, here....

I personally do not trust our current media as sources for truth on any subject. And the more 'tabloid' media entities can be even more prone to distortions/fabrications/deliberate omissions than the 'legit' sources. Something tells me that the real story is less about 'fast metabolism', than about a whole host of nasty things.

An any event, there are some people who are just naturally skinny. That's how Nature wants them to be. Other people are naturally 'thick'. Both kinds of people are beautiful to me. And neither end of the continuum is 'defective'.

But even "naturally skinny" people, who do not take care of themselves, can end up quite obese. Happens all the time. And if this gal is living on stuff like candy bars, and is not exercising, then ugly surprises could loom ahead for her.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 03-07-2012 at 10:48 AM..

Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM

Oh I am on board with the media thing. They are going by what they see. I personally think her natural healthy weight would be closer to 100 than 84. I would like to see future articles on her that are more detailed. Or maybe a docu on the thin fetish world that exposes it like how they do with body builders.

She is in her 30's. I don't know if she ever had a kid yet though.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
There's a thread over in F&B about this woman. She wears corsets to get that size. The link that has the pictures is a bit NSFW, so do be warned.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
There's a thread over in F&B about this woman. She wears corsets to get that size. The link that has the pictures is a bit NSFW, so do be warned.

Yeh...but a corset only cinches the waist. It wont make you weigh 84lbs.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:39 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post

There is a thread in the fashion forum on this chick because she is so shockingly tiny. (20'' waist)

I just wanted to share this here as a nutritionist speaks about metabolisms and body mass. Its one of those excuses that need to be thrown out the window as to why one can't lose weight. Slower metabolisms are not that extreme unless you are in a diseased state. And if you just have a slow metabolisms it just means it may take you longer to get from point a to point b. Doesn't mean it can't happen. It will just happen more slowly.

If I had to guess, this woman was born with a very small waist, but helped it along by what is called, CT (corset therapy/training). It is very much along the same lines as the ancient Chinese practice of binding feet to make a girl's foot size as small as possible. It works, but it takes constant training and waist binding to achieve.

She also probably has a high metab, and also genes that lend to her hour glass figure naturally. There are actually women who eat in this world. Contrary to popular opinion and reports, big women don't always eat more than little women. In fact, calorie restriction leads to obesity.

The freakish nature of the look of it, is common in extreme waist training crowd/followers. I'd about guarantee she cinched it to get that exaggerated effect. Although, stranger folks have been born with even stranger exaggerated features! So, who really knows (or cares)!?

I'd also almost guarantee she probably actually looked very sexy once-upon-a-time... Yes, naturally.

Unfortunately, she now looks like a freak show performer. People take things to extremes.

Regardless of what body you are given in this life, you should always take care of it, feed it, and love it.

Stop concentrating on competing, women!

Men best love confidence and contentment in a woman.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:

I don't know that I really can dispute that. I just question whether or not certain weight goals are appropriate for all people.

My metabolism has changed as I've gotten older. I know that in my case I would have to make some pretty drastic changes to my diet (or get very sick) to ever hope to get down to what I weighed 20 years ago. Eating reasonably and exercising just doesn't seem to be enough anymore.

I know that I *need* to eat healthy and exercise. No disputing that. But is it wise or even healthy for me to try to push my body to be " 20's trim" again? That is the question. It's not so much "can it be done" as it is "should it be done?" And, if so, at what cost and to what lengths.

I actually wonder if there is some sort of advantage to getting a little heavier as we age. Maybe the extra weight helps us to maintain our bone mass? Maybe our bodies are actually designed to slow down a bit as we get a little older to protect us from over exerting ourselves.....

Sorry. I know that sounds like an old person talking. And I'm not old, yet. Thing is, I'm not a kid anymore either, though.

(On a different note, that model doesn't look right to me. I don't know what she's done to herself but it can't be good for her. I thought I was looking at a picture of a plastic doll at first. Creepy.)

Last edited by springfieldva; 03-08-2012 at 03:20 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't know that I really can dispute that. I just question whether or not certain weight goals are appropriate for all people.

My metabolism has changed as I've gotten older. I know that in my case I would have to make some pretty drastic changes to my diet (or get very sick) to ever hope to get down to what I weighed 20 years ago. Eating reasonably and exercising just doesn't seem to be enough anymore.

I know that I *need* to eat healthy and exercise. No disputing that. But is it wise or even healthy for me to try to push my body to be " 20's trim" again? That is the question. It's not so much "can it be done" as it is "should it be done?" And, if so, at what cost and to what lengths.

I actually wonder if there is some sort of advantage to getting a little heavier as we age. Maybe the extra weight helps us to maintain our bone mass? Maybe our bodies are actually designed to slow down a bit as we get a little older to protect us from over exerting ourselves.....

Sorry. I know that sounds like an old person talking. And I'm not old, yet. Thing is, I'm not a kid anymore either, though.

(On a different note, that model doesn't look right to me. I don't know what she's done to herself but it can't be good for her. I thought I was looking at a picture of a plastic doll at first. Creepy.)

Unless you have been tracking everything from point a to point b...you can only guess to as why. Has your body% fat gone up? Are you less active on daily things? Watching every calorie for 20 years?

Well it is good to be on the heavier end of healthy with age because you need that extra tissue if you get ill. I have heard that from quite a few doctors. Now that doen't mean fat. Just on the heavy end of healthy.

I do think about that too though in WHY it does decline with age beyond the other reasons. I really think its if you look at like we are just animals in the jungle after a certain age our purpose for sustaining the species has passed. With age the animal is another mouth to feed, and could have possible health problems that threaten other animals of its kind. So building protection would be decline of mobility to minimize consumption or spreading of damage/disease.

Now we both sound like old stoners. HA!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:38 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Unless you have been tracking everything from point a to point b...you can only guess to as why. Has your body% fat gone up? Are you less active on daily things? Watching every calorie for 20 years?

Well it is good to be on the heavier end of healthy with age because you need that extra tissue if you get ill. I have heard that from quite a few doctors. Now that doen't mean fat. Just on the heavy end of healthy.

I do think about that too though in WHY it does decline with age beyond the other reasons. I really think its if you look at like we are just animals in the jungle after a certain age our purpose for sustaining the species has passed. With age the animal is another mouth to feed, and could have possible health problems that threaten other animals of its kind. So building protection would be decline of mobility to minimize consumption or spreading of damage/disease.

Now we both sound like old stoners. HA!
So me getting fatter, is just nature's way of helping out the young chicks?

Now ain't that just a biotch . Lol. (But actually that does make sense).

Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,367,314 times
Having excess fat around your bones rather than muscle, as you age, causes quite a few problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness