Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM

948 posts, read 3,344,854 times

Advertisements

This is for an 85 lb boy with sensory needs. I've read about the rebounders--the kind without springs and wonder if anyone has input to give on durability and lasting power? I'd prefer a handlebar, too. Appreciate all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 AM

7,071 posts, read 9,108,990 times
Not sure what you mean by sensory needs. I would go to a sporting goods store and actually look at one before purchasing.

My Mother in her 50s ran on one of those things. She jogged in place while watching TV. She was probably 170lbs had bad knees and back. It never broke or tore. I don't know how often she used it, daily, 4 times a week, 3 times or what.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:49 PM

759 posts, read 3,132,399 times
I have a rebounder, but without the handle. I originally bought a "cheap" one at Walmart for $35, but later bought one for $175. The more expensive one has a better bounce,material is better, and has withstood a lot of use from my kids and me. It also can be folded.

If you need one with a handle, get an Urban Rebounder (about $85 on Amazon)

http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Rebounde.../dp/B000Q6JO0U

Old 03-10-2012, 05:18 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,761,911 times
I have an Urban Rebounder that I've had for quite some time now. It came with the stabilizer bar, which I never put on and later wished I had as there was a little too much bounce until I got used to it. Had a cheaper mini-trapoline prior to that and can tell you that the Urban Rebounder is far superior.

I use it for exercise and for the benefits to the lymphatic system, but my young granddaughters love to use it when they come over as well. They fight over it, so I set a kitchen timer and force them to take turns. Works like a charm!

Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 PM

387 posts, read 1,042,468 times
I bought an Urban Rebounder at first, and used it for a year and recently purchased a Jumpsport. The Urban is a lot harder bounce than the Jumpsport. Urban has springs, Jumpsport has bungee cords. IMO the Urban is a good cheap starting place but if you are going to use it regularly I would go for a higher quality rebounder. The Urban is also pretty loud (squeaking) and I could not watch TV while using it. I am pretty good about putting on a Netflix show and running/dancing on the rebounder now that I have the Jumpsport...it's virtually silent. If you'd like I can point you to some free workouts on the internet.

Just reread your post about sensory needs. You would need to explain that more. Rebounding does help a lot with balance. If you mean "special needs", though, I would not put a child on a rebounder unsupervised, but especially not if he would have trouble comprehending safety issues. My DS is 11 and he jumps on ours all the time but tends to be a bit more daring than I would like (in terms of launching himself off), but he fully understands that he can really hurt himself.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:00 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,931,353 times
I've been a daily rebounder for almost 30 years. Used many rebounders over the years, and recently purchased one of Al Carter's ( he wrote the original book on rebounding! ) Standard ReboundAIR™ rebounders. By far, the best one I've had. I highly recommend it without reservation. Please note: This rebounder has springs.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 AM

5 posts, read 14,149 times
Jumpsport at costco.com
comes with handlebars.
Great trampoline, had one for about a year now

Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,767,206 times
Smile I'm looking for a Mini Trampoline/Rebounder also

and I thought I would see what other posters have found that is good? Maybe you just bought recently and have some current feedback, as the last post in this thread is 2 yrs old.

Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness